• 20(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]
(2014-02-28, 18:28)Verno Wrote: Hey Gade,

Thanks again for keeping this updated, it's my favorite skin. Do you plan on looking at porting it when Gotham gets into beta status? I've been messing around with the OpenElec gotham nightlies and its very nice, the only thing missing is my favorite skin Smile Just curious, not trying to be pushy or etc.

Hi Verno.

Thanks for the nice words.

Yes, I will update the skin for Gotham at some point Smile
I'm also hoping for an update for Gotham. Smile
Hi Gade,

Hope all is fine with you! Do you think you can work with it now? It seems to be fixed!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1656951
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi capfuturo.

Thanks a lot for letting me know Smile

I have updated all support for script.videoextras: context menu, duration label and I added a menubar.

This will be included in the next update.
Kudos to you Christian! Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi guys.

Just to let you all know that I'm still working on Rapier.

I will probably release one final version for Frodo, before I move on to Gotham.

Right now I'm doing a lot of bugfixing + working on improving some views.

Here's a preview of new views (inspired by the Qualar mod) and view styles:

nice! glad to hear. Smile
looking forward to Gotham version.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
That looks great, thanks for keeping this updated Smile
So I've FINALLY started migrating to Frodo (yeah I know, Gotham is due soon). I was basically holding back because everything worked perfectly fine for me with Eden and had no need to upgrade. But now that I've added a TV to the bedroom, I'm setting up another Mac Mini in there and am going down the MySQL route, syncing databases and streaming media to the bedroom.

So after spending an entire day trying to work out why SMB was borked on Mac OS, I finally got round to getting it working via a very small testing library. I backed up my original XBMC library/userdata just in case.

Anyhoo, it is all working well. Like REALLY well. I can't believe how cool it is to have multiple XBMC setups all synced together. Happy camper.

Two issues though.

1. Is Artwork Downloader Addon not working? It doesn't automatically populate my TV show fan art or cover art. I can manually add then going through the menus, but scanning doesn't automatically add the art. It used to on Eden.

2. Is there a reason why I can't see Season artwork for my TV shows? Again, this worked fine in Eden, but I can't see anything anymore. The only time I can see it, is if I go into the Info screen section, BUT then it only shows the global art assigned to the show. If I change it, it then changes it globally for all seasons.

I've attached some images to (hopefully) explain my issues.

TV Show Library

TV Show Info Screen

TV Show List View Without Season Art

TV Show Season Info Screen

Any help & suggestions would be much appreciated.

And finally, big ups again Gade for keeping the BEST skin for XBMC around for future versions. Smile
i do know there were some major changes done for Artwork Downloader. Hopefully Gade can expand upon these.

if I remember correctly, the auto script was removed. so it has to be done manually.

i'm not sure about the images... sometimes the best way to test things is using Confluence as a base.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hi 12inch.

Glad to hear you moved to Frodo and is pleased Smile

The way Frodo handles images has changed a lot from earlier versions of XBMC. Some people needs to rescan images and some don't.

Do you use local images? The naming of images for Frodo has changed as well. If you use local images, you need to turn on the setting in Artwork Downloader and maybe scan the images again.

By the screenshots you posted, it seems you do not have Artwork Downloader installed. The button Get Artwork in the movie information dialog is only enabled if the script is installed.

The newest version of Rapier - 5.6.1 - installs the necassary scrips with the skin. You can also install Artwork Downloader manually and configure it to run in the background.

I agree with locomot1f that it's a good idea to check how the images are displayed in Confluence Smile
(2014-04-22, 18:49)locomot1f Wrote: i do know there were some major changes done for Artwork Downloader. Hopefully Gade can expand upon these.

if I remember correctly, the auto script was removed. so it has to be done manually.

i'm not sure about the images... sometimes the best way to test things is using Confluence as a base.

Yeah I do flick between Rapier & Confluence to double check things quite often. I'll look into it some more.

(2014-04-22, 19:11)Gade Wrote: The way Frodo handles images has changed a lot from earlier versions of XBMC. Some people needs to rescan images and some don't.

Well, this was a fresh library with only a few TV Shows & a handful of movies. I was testing the MySQL syncing thing to see if it worked. The library wasn't exported/imported so I would have assumed the library scan would have included a new image search.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to actually just scan images? I wasn't aware of this.

Quote:Do you use local images? The naming of images for Frodo has changed as well. If you use local images, you need to turn on the setting in Artwork Downloader and maybe scan the images again.

No I don't. I've never used local images. I've always let the library scan, find and assign images and if I wanted to change it, I would so so manually via the info menu which I assume is just allowing me to search and scan what's on thetvdb.com

Quote:By the screenshots you posted, it seems you do not have Artwork Downloader installed. The button Get Artwork in the movie information dialog is only enabled if the script is installed.

Yes, the screenshots taken that I posted were from my second XBMC setup I was testing on my office iMac. You're right in that it probably doesn't have Artwork Downloader installed.

Quote:The newest version of Rapier - 5.6.1 - installs the necassary scrips with the skin. You can also install Artwork Downloader manually and configure it to run in the background.

Ah OK. I installed Rapier v5.6.1 by simply copying it from the the add-on folder from my main XBMC Mac Mini setup to the iMac. I'll download the Artwork Downloader add-on and see if it fixes anything.

I do know for sure though that it is installed on the main XBMC Mac Mini setup as it always says 'zero artwork downloaded' when scanning. Perhaps I have an outdated version from when Eden was in use? I was under the impression that add-ons auto updated but perhaps this hasn't.

Quote:I agree with locomot1f that it's a good idea to check how the images are displayed in Confluence Smile

Yep will do some more testing in Confluence and see how I go.

Thanks for the help guys and if anyone has anymore suggestions, I'm all ears (and eyes). Wink
Hi 12inch.

Sorry for the late answer.

(2014-04-23, 01:10)12inch Wrote: Well, this was a fresh library with only a few TV Shows & a handful of movies. I was testing the MySQL syncing thing to see if it worked. The library wasn't exported/imported so I would have assumed the library scan would have included a new image search.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to actually just scan images? I wasn't aware of this.

Ah, I see. All images should be scanned by default, but sometimes they don't.

The easiest and best way to solve missing season artwork, is to use the tvshow information dialog, press the Refresh button, say no to refresh info for all episodes and find the correct tv show (usually the first one). You can also download season artwork using Artwork Downloader and add the artwork manually with the season context menu (Choose Art) and navigate to the images in the tv show path.

Another way is to enter the skin settings of Rapier under Add-ons and scan single or all images using Artwork Downloader.

I will improve the handling and support for season artwork in future updates of Rapier (it's on the list). Smile

There is no way to only let XBMC scan images - i didn't write that very clear... Like you said, you have to do a fresh library scan.

(2014-04-23, 01:10)12inch Wrote: No I don't. I've never used local images. I've always let the library scan, find and assign images and if I wanted to change it, I would so so manually via the info menu which I assume is just allowing me to search and scan what's on thetvdb.com

I do the same thing. And I also use Artwork Downloader a lot.

(2014-04-23, 01:10)12inch Wrote: I do know for sure though that it is installed on the main XBMC Mac Mini setup as it always says 'zero artwork downloaded' when scanning. Perhaps I have an outdated version from when Eden was in use? I was under the impression that add-ons auto updated but perhaps this hasn't.

Maybe you have to change some settings in Artwork Downloader to let it download the correct artwork, maybe run in the background if you wish etc. etc. Check the version - the current version is v12.0.25.
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for getting back to me with your suggestions.

Long story short, I did get it all up and running again and got the views to work properly with a bit of fiddling around and a lot of reinstalls. I think I've pretty much got it sorted aside from a few niggles.

TBH, I find Frodo pretty buggy compared to Eden. It crashes on exit half the time and the most annoying thing is the 30 sec skips or chapter jumps - there is a 3-4 sec lag before the video resumes correctly. 12.2 doesn't do this, but 12.3 does. But, 12.2 has audio issues and only plays audio from the left speaker through my receiver. Grrrr...

Anyhoo, this isn't the thread for those kind of issues. One thing relating to Rapier though is the shutdown issues I'm having. I can use the shutdown menu to exit the app, but reboot & shutdown and also relaunch don't work. Relaunch does nothing (from memory this was the same in Eden) and reboot/shutdown will exit the app, but not shutdown or reboot the Mac Mini. Those functions do work if I change the skin to Confluence, so I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

Thanks again guys and again, MASSIVE props for keeping this skin alive. I don't know how many people use it, but it's the cleanest and slickest skin out there.
Hi 12inch.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

I will look into the shutdown menu. Looking at it quickly, I found some issues and room for improvement.

When I finish the code, I can send you the xml to test out. And the fix will be in the next update.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 5.7.3 for XBMC 12.x Frodo [DEPRECATED]2