• 11(current)
Feature Requests
You could try the margro build to speed up channel change. But as for this problem, it won't be able to share a stream from wmc (at least not without a fairly large change in architecture which really doesn't seem worth it). Sorry about that.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
No problems the work done on wmc plugin is amazing it is working wonderfully on the pi and other xbmc clients. I can live without this I just thought I will throw it out there just in case I missed a setting or something.

I did try Margo's build but I thought that was only for Mediaportal I did try it few months ago and it was even faster than WMC however tv server 3 doesn't support Anysee CAM. The new tv 3.5 server does support it but that is still at testing stage.
You can use Margro's build with pvr.wmc addon, his build just speeds up XBMC processing of live streams, so our addon also gets a speed benefit. I dont think you would find channel switching as fast as WMC, but at least it is faster than without his changes
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Not sure if anybody noticed, but in the latest version we added support for restricting a named client to only see certain channels and/or recordings. This came up in this thread when someone wanted to lockdown their child's XBMC installation to not show "adult" channels. It could also be useful to present a subset of core/frequently watched channels to a lower powered device such as a raspberry pi to help with it's grid rendering time or several other scenarios which ive listed a few ideas at the end of this post.

To enable the feature you need to do it in the config file with notepad

Enable the Client Restriction processing:

Code:
<ClientRestrictionEnabled>true</ClientRestrictionEnabled>

Add your restrictions in the ClientRestrictions list.
One entry per client.
Case sensitivity does not matter for client name or channel group name.
Set the behaviour for Channels and Recordings separately.
Acceptable values are
- Unrestricted (no filtering occurs)
- RestrictToGroups (only show channels or recordings from the specified groups)
- RestrictAll (filter out all channels or recordings).
Specify the channel group/s (only applicable when Channel or Recording behaviour is set to "RestrictToGroups").

Example:

Code:
<ClientRestrictions>
  <ClientRestriction>
    <Client>DummyClient</Client>
    <RestrictChannels>RestrictToGroups</RestrictChannels>
    <RestrictRecordings>Unrestricted</RestrictRecordings>
    <Groups>DummyGroup1,DummyGroup2</Groups>
  </ClientRestriction>
</ClientRestrictions>

This will restrict "DummyClient" to only see channels in the channel list that are part of "DummyGroup1" or "DummyGroup2". No restrictions are in place for recordings, so the complete list of recordings are shown to this client.

Using these flexible settings you could do lots of things
- Allow a client to view some channels but see NO recordings
- Restrict a childs client to only show kids channels and the recordings from those kids channels
- Restrict an XBMC to only show recordings and not allow any liveTV viewing
- Restrict a low powered client to only view a handful of commonly used channels
- Restrict a low powered client to only show recordings from some channels

If anyone makes use of this feature, please provide feedback!
Hey scarecrow420, is there anyway we control the ExternalActions based on a time delay and watched status? I would like to give myself a week or less to watch a recording. If I haven't watched it within that time frame I want to kick off and external process to convert the file to something smaller like x.264 and rip out the commericials. Then add it to my TV Show library for future watching. plus this will allow the trakt.tv plugin to record what I have watched.

It'll be cool to see this in the next server update.
Just curious...What is preventing you from running MCE buddy every night to convert your files, rip out commercials and scan them into your TV show library? MCE buddy can be set up independently of XBMC/SWMC. It will detect new shows without an external action from SWMC telling it.

I don't even bother converting codecs, i just remux from a .WTV file to a .MKV file and rip out the commercials. You are saving 33% file size just by ripping out commercials.
Channel switching... 10 seconds is to long. Please add a feature to change channel change. Or if there's a away how do you accomplish this?
Most get significant improvement in channel change speed using the margro build of xbmc. If you haven't tried that, give it a shot:

https://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcel...build.html
I have a feature request that would make running this on the Amazon Fire TV a little better since loading the EPG is a little slow (although manageable by limiting it to 24 hours.) When looking at the Channel line up, is it possible to display what's currently playing on that channel? This applies to the default Live TV screen as well as when you're watching live TV: When I hit the center button on the Amazon remote, it brings up a menu that includes pause, stop, etc, but also "TV" and "EPG". It'd be very useful if the "TV" option showed what's playing on each channel; currently, it only shows the channels and the program playing on the channel you're watching. (The EPG option is pretty useless in my mind as it shows upcoming programs on that channel.) This would help mitigate the fact that pulling up the EPG and changing channels is so slow on the Fire TV.

Thanks! Even without this, I'm loving having XBMC, Live TV, Netflix, etc all from one interface.
I'm not sure I understand, maybe a screenshot would help. In general though, we don't control the interface by the pvr addon, we only control the data that is sent to xbmc, xbmc does the gui. Unless I misunderstand what you are requesting, consider bringing this up in the xbmc pvr development forum.
Yeah....nevermind. It was based on the skin. I changed to another, and it had all the features I wanted...still learning XBMC. Thanks!
(2014-04-17, 14:54)LSU Jonno Wrote: Just curious...What is preventing you from running MCE buddy every night to convert your files, rip out commercials and scan them into your TV show library? MCE buddy can be set up independently of XBMC/SWMC. It will detect new shows without an external action from SWMC telling it.

I don't even bother converting codecs, i just remux from a .WTV file to a .MKV file and rip out the commercials. You are saving 33% file size just by ripping out commercials.

I do plan on using MCEbuddy to rip out commericial from the recordings. The other things I could see myself using the feature I requested for is delete the recording if I haven't watched it in 2 weeks for things that can't be properly imported into the TV Show library. I am a Formula 1 fan and usually record the races since the majority aire in the middle of the night. If i haven't watched the race within a week I'm not going to watch it so it'll be nice to kick off a batch script to delete files I haven't watched within a week. to save space since a 2.5 hour race takes up 15GBs of space on my HDD.
I have a concerns on implemeting a delay timer for ExternalActions. Essentially it boils down to the issue of what happens if ServerWMC is restarted after the event occurs but before the delay has elapsed. In order to "honour" these delayed actions, ServerWMC would need to persist them somehow, which is of course possible, but so far there isnt anything else that we "persist" between executions of the program and Im not sure this feature would qualify as the thing which makes us implement such persistence. There's also complications to handle such as if the system clock/time is changed and so on... I dont really want to implement an entire time/scheduling sub system in ServerWMC just for something like this that probably 1 person will make use of! Smile

However in thinking about it a bit more, one way to do it could be to use Windows Task Scheduler. This way, ServerWMC only deals with things when the recording event fires, and doesnt need to persist anything. It can create a Windows Task Scheduler entry to run the given external program, with the required argmuments etc, and set the execution time for whenever it needs to be (eg a week from then, an hour from then, whatever you specified). At that point it's then handed off to the windows operating system to worry about persisting it, system time changes, making sure it runs in a weeks time etc.

Would having ServerWMC setup windows scheduled task, work OK for you TalGuy? The only thing is it would probably mean the program requires elevation (run as admin) in order to create scheduled tasks
Episode Count in folder view?

Meaning show how many episodes of a TV Show are in the folder. EX: Continuum (4 episodes) <-- As the folder name

Not sure if this is a possibility or is that up to a skin developer.
Yeah, we can do that. Normally this kind of stuff would be part of the gui, but in this case we provide the folder names so we can append the episode count to the name.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1