• 2(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
Great job @xhbl !

2 questions:

1) How should I setup "Audio output device" and "Passthrough output device" in each "Audio output" page? Does the passthrough really work?

In my case, I wanted to configure HDMI (stereo to TV) and SPDIF (passthrough to receiver) and set both devices pointing to HDMI in one page and both devices pointing to SPDIF on the other. It worked but I'm still confused how these settings are working together

2) Originally when the audio output is in passthrough mode and I try to change the volume I get a message saying that the volume needed to be set on the passthrough device. This was one way to confirm that the passthrough was really happening. But now, at least with my configuration, I always can change the volume (because one of my outputs is stereo). So… how the volume control works with this patch?

Thanks!
(2014-04-26, 10:53)marco.weinkauf Wrote: Hi,

sounds very promising to finally implement the desired solution for my htpc.

I have a question for this patch.

Is it possible to have on audio1 TrueHD or DTS-MA HDMI passthrough and on audio2 analog stereo at the same time?

Regards,
Marco

Yes, that's what this patch meant to do. Basically you can do any combinations like dual passthrough, dual stereo, or 1 passthrough + 1 stereo.
(2014-04-28, 15:45)henricos Wrote: Great job @xhbl !

2 questions:

1) How should I setup "Audio output device" and "Passthrough output device" in each "Audio output" page? Does the passthrough really work?
In my case, I wanted to configure HDMI (stereo to TV) and SPDIF (passthrough to receiver) and set both devices pointing to HDMI in one page and both devices pointing to SPDIF on the other. It worked but I'm still confused how these settings are working together

2) Originally when the audio output is in passthrough mode and I try to change the volume I get a message saying that the volume needed to be set on the passthrough device. This was one way to confirm that the passthrough was really happening. But now, at least with my configuration, I always can change the volume (because one of my outputs is stereo). So… how the volume control works with this patch?

Thanks!

A:
----
1) "Passthrough output device" is for AC3,DTS/DolbyHD,DTSHD when you choose "Audio output" as SPDIF/HDMI, it will be disabled when you choose "Analog". In your case, for the HDMI (stereo to TV), you can choose "Audio output" as "Analog", thus "Passthrough output device" will be disabled. AC3,DTS/DolbyHD,DTSHD will be decoded as stereo PCM data by XBMC and then output to your TV, otherwise, there is a possibility of doing passthrough to your TV and if your TV does not support decoding of AC3,DTS/DolbyHD,DTSHD, you will get no sound output. What makes you confused is the "Audio output", you choose "Analog" does not mean you can not choose your TV HDMI device as "Audio output device". for the SPDIF output to AV receiver, you are right, both "Audio output device" and "Passthrough output device" can point to the same SPDIF output device. Within a single Audio Output setting page, "Audio output device" and "Passthrough output device" can not work at the same time, which one would work depends on the audio format and "Audio output" you choose. if you point them to the same device, that means this device can not only handle passthrough audio data but also XBMC decoded PCM data.

2)volume control will work as long as there is at least one stereo/analog(more precisely, decoding handled by XBMC) exists. if both are set to passthrough mode, it will show a message that it's not working.
(2014-04-29, 20:34)xhbl Wrote: What makes you confused is the "Audio output", you choose "Analog" does not mean you can not choose your TV HDMI device as "Audio output device".

You are right! This one was tricky!

Thanks again for this great patch.
Hi,

I wanted to compile my own openelec with dual audio patch for FUSION or ION with my ubuntu 12.04, so I've followed the instructions at http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...rom_source.

But after entering
Code:
PROJECT=Fusion ARCH=x86_64 make release
I get the folllowing error message:

Code:
tar: build.OpenELEC-Fusion.x86_64-3.2.4: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
make: *** [release] Fehler 2

I am pretty sure, that I missed something ... but I do not know what this could be.
Patch of XBMC 13.0 'Gotham' is on the way hopefully.
Can one more sound card be added? Like triple audio output.

Thanks.
(2014-05-04, 18:58)reddevil Wrote: Patch of XBMC 13.0 'Gotham' is on the way hopefully.

Thanks.

Most anything can be done if you can code it...

xhbl,

Is there any type of ongoing discussion for this patch and possible changes needed to make it Gotham compatible? My thought is if you create a "Dual Audio Development" thread for this patch and lay out a general idea as to what needs modified, it may inspire a few people to join the one man (2 man?) team to prepare this essential patch for the newly released Gotham stable.
(2014-05-05, 15:51)mrdally204 Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 18:58)reddevil Wrote: Patch of XBMC 13.0 'Gotham' is on the way hopefully.

Thanks.

Most anything can be done if you can code it...

xhbl, please consider adding support for 3rd sound card and update it for xbmc 13 'Gotham'.

Thanks again for this wonderful patch.
great to see this project alive. Still on Eden because of the patch.

Can´t wait to see support for Gotham.

Thanks a lot for the great work!

regards

TUllm
(2014-05-03, 16:38)marco.weinkauf Wrote: I am pretty sure, that I missed something ... but I do not know what this could be.
Check the folder to see if t has the write/exe permission.
(2014-05-06, 15:08)tullm Wrote: great to see this project alive. Still on Eden because of the patch.

Can´t wait to see support for Gotham.

Thanks a lot for the great work!

regards

TUllm

Will work on it until the stable release comes out...

(2014-05-05, 15:51)mrdally204 Wrote: xhbl,

Is there any type of ongoing discussion for this patch and possible changes needed to make it Gotham compatible? My thought is if you create a "Dual Audio Development" thread for this patch and lay out a general idea as to what needs modified, it may inspire a few people to join the one man (2 man?) team to prepare this essential patch for the newly released Gotham stable.

We can discuss just in this threadBig Grin
Actually, Gotham stable was released, the patch for it is on the way now...
Please follow the dev branch for Gotham: https://github.com/xhbl/xbmc_dualaudio/tree/Gotham-DA
Anyone who wants to contribute or support, please PM or email me.
(2014-05-05, 17:48)reddevil Wrote: xhbl, please consider adding support for 3rd sound card and update it for xbmc 13 'Gotham'.

XBMC does not design to have the interface to add addtional audio output, so the code of this patch has to be tightly coupled with the original code, it spreads among about 50 core source files, adding more than 2 audio output will make the code bloated and redundant, also synchronization among mutiple audios will be a hard part.
(2014-05-09, 20:43)xhbl Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 17:48)reddevil Wrote: xhbl, please consider adding support for 3rd sound card and update it for xbmc 13 'Gotham'.

XBMC does not design to have the interface to add addtional audio output, so the code of this patch has to be tightly coupled with the original code, it spreads among about 50 core source files, adding more than 2 audio output will make the code bloated and redundant, also synchronization among mutiple audios will be a hard part.

Ok. Noted.
Xhbl, you are the best!!!!!
Hi is dual audio for gotham working i went to the github page from the gotham link at the start of the thread downloading the dualaudio-gotham zip file extracted to my xbmc file location but the two audio output does not show up even if i switch on advanced mode ?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9