Recently added list & Smart Playlist
Hi, i need a little help.
Does anyone know the location of the code for Recently Added List mechanism in Cirrus ?
I'm trying to get recently added list to follow smart playlist

i.e split recently added list based on smart playlist..

recently added asian movies
recently added west movies
recently added anime movies

But i couldn't find it..

On frodo this is supposed to be supported already,
At least it does in Aeon Nox,
recently added list follows the smart playlist setup on that skin.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150934&page=2
If I understand you right you have custom playlists on home menu for i.e. asian movies.
To activate the widget for playlists you need to enable the following setting:
Skin -> Settings -> Home Window -> Enable Recently added + Enable Latest Movie Playlists
If you want the widget you also need to enable one of the Enable Latest Movie Playlist[1-3] Widget setting.
(2013-04-23, 13:02)paradix Wrote: If I understand you right you have custom playlists on home menu for i.e. asian movies.
Skin -> Settings -> Home Window -> Enable Recently added + Enable Latest Movie Playlists
If you want the widget you also need to enable one of the Enable Latest Movie Playlist[1-3] Widget setting.

Yep,
i see,
i'd assume this feature only exists in cirrus V3?
I'm using modded cirrus v2 (combined with rapier & transparency)
But the recently added list is still based on cirrus
So it might be a little different for my case..

Is there any code change list somewhere from v2 to v3 paradix?
especially the part for this matter?
A lot of properties changed from eden to frodo, so v2 won't work with frodo.
(2013-04-23, 13:54)butchabay Wrote: A lot of properties changed from eden to frodo, so v2 won't work with frodo.

Hmm i see...
For my case, i just copied the entire modded cirrus folder to Frodo 12.1
And it's still working properly so far....

Maybe it's because the changed properties don't affect what i need on this modded skin?
It's just for browsing movies, playing, displaying recently added.. that's all i think..
(Settings and Videos will be removed)
what are the properties that changed butchabay?
Hmmm ok i'm testing it with Cirrus V3,
but i can't get the recently added playlist to work...

Here i have custom playlist "Anime"

I updated the library, it shows up in the Movies' recently added list.

But it doesn't show up on the Anime playlist :

Any idea why?
Script installed? Tried to restart xbmc?
(2013-04-23, 20:12)butchabay Wrote: Script installed? Tried to restart xbmc?

Ah, it requires a restart..
It works now thanks Smile
Which script do you mean?
Is it possible to implement the script to V2?
I'd rather not mod it all over again if possible Confused

And... where's the settings for enabling recommended items?
I can't find it

Edit : Nevermind, so recommended items and recently added items cancel each other ?

Although it's not the recommended items that i had in mind, i thought it's a widget for recommending high-rated movies...
The skin supports two different types of widget:
- recently added
- in progress
(2013-04-23, 13:02)paradix Wrote: If I understand you right you have custom playlists on home menu for i.e. asian movies.

How do I associate a smartlist with the widget? Does it have to be a certain name?
Thanks
You need to add a custom element under Skin Settings -> Custom Home -> Custom Playlist 1-6. Where 1-3 is for Latest Movie Playlist 1-3 and 4-6 for Enable Latest TV Shows Playlist 1-3
And after that you just enable the Skin Settings -> Home window -> Enable Latest TV Shows Playlist or Enable Latest Movie Playlist and the corresponding Widget Setting.
(2014-07-22, 13:07)paradix Wrote: You need to add a custom element under Skin Settings -> Custom Home -> Custom Playlist 1-6. Where 1-3 is for Latest Movie Playlist 1-3 and 4-6 for Enable Latest TV Shows Playlist 1-3
And after that you just enable the Skin Settings -> Home window -> Enable Latest TV Shows Playlist or Enable Latest Movie Playlist and the corresponding Widget Setting.

@paradix, I did that... but all it did was place links to custom playlists onto home menu. In other words, there was no difference between doing this "Skin Settings -> Home window -> Enable Latest TV Shows Playlist or Enable Latest Movie Playlist and the corresponding Widget Setting" and not doing that
Hmm I start to doubt I understand what you want to achieve. Doing what I wrote earlier you should have a widget with all recent, latest movies or tv shows returned by the associated playlist.
(2014-07-25, 20:01)paradix Wrote: Hmm I start to doubt I understand what you want to achieve. Doing what I wrote earlier you should have a widget with all recent, latest movies or tv shows returned by the associated playlist.

@paradix, I want to see, on my TV Shows screens, list of shows that had recently added episodes (preferably only those shows that I am currently watching), grouped by TV Show, showing either the TV Show or the Season thumbnail (not the episode thumbnail.

I want this to be visible once I scroll to "TV Shows" screen, not after extra arrows to the right.

I've managed to do it where it shows latest episodes, but the episode thumbs can contain spoilers.
Are you using the vertical or horizontal home screen view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently added list & Smart Playlist0