• 4(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Will do that, thanks.
Smile 
(2014-08-13, 22:54)foreverguest Wrote: I'm releasing version 1.1 with the improvements so far:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.1.zip

- initial All Access search support, only tracks for now
- show artist name when browsing albums
- add 'Add to favourite' to most context menus
- performance improvements when populating folders
Thanks for picking up the favourites, just what I was wishing for :-)
When I add "artists" to my favourites, it is added to favourites.xml, but it doesn't show up in the Favourite menu in XBMC. Before I start fiddling with my own setup I would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing this?
Created an account just to say fantastic work on this plugin so far! It was just what i was after. Ill put it through its paces and report any bugs i find.
Does not work for me...

Library is empty, when I try to update, I get a script error:

Code:
21:34:34 T:1816   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('genre',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 77, in <module>
                                                navigation.api.loadLibrary()
                                              File "D:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicApi.py", line 70, in loadLibrary
                                                self.storage.storeApiSongs(api_songs, 'all_songs')
                                              File "D:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicStorage.py", line 162, in storeApiSongs
                                                self.storeInAllSongs(api_songs)
                                              File "D:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicStorage.py", line 202, in storeInAllSongs
                                                ":url, :total_discs, :duration, :album_art_url, :display_name, NULL)", songs())
                                              File "D:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicStorage.py", line 187, in songs
                                                'genre':         api_song["genre"] if api_song["genre"] else '-Unknown-',
                                            KeyError: ('genre',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

My playlists are shown, but they are all empty. When I try to update a playlist, I get the same script error.

Instant playlists (= radio) and All Access search do work.

Please advise.

Cheers,
cicero22
cicero22, please try version below:

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.1.1.zip
Works like a charm now, thanks! Wink
Just like to say that after organising all my music in Google Play and then wondering how I can transfer that data to my XBMC library I came upon your add-on.

Just want to say it works flawlessly on my Win7/XBMC 13.2 setup - thank you for creating it.
First off I just want to say AWESOME plugin. I am seeing an issue with the thumbsup playlist. I have over a thousand in my google music thumbs up playlist but only 517 are returning in the Highly Rated Playlist in the plugin. Is there any limitation you know of on how many songs in a playlist?

Also I saw in the code there is an update playlist function. How can you execute this function in the plugin? I have tried hitting menu but there aren't any options.
Yes, there is a limitation in code, that could be removed, to load only 500 thumbsup songs.

To update the playlists, you must access the 'Playlists' folder context menu and select the option 'Update playlists'
(2014-09-10, 06:21)foreverguest Wrote: Yes, there is a limitation in code, that could be removed, to load only 500 thumbsup songs.

To update the playlists, you must access the 'Playlists' folder context menu and select the option 'Update playlists'

Thanks for the info. Can this limitation be removed and a new version posted? I am new to XMBC add ons, how do you change the code and package it into a .zip? I browsed through the .zip folder and there is some additional folders that are not on the develop branch on github. Just wondering so I can contribute.

Thanks Again!
Would you like to have all songs returned or just increase the limit?

Have you looked at xbmc wiki?
You must have a folder with the name of the addon inside the zip and into the folder the addon files.

The folder 'gmusicapi' is missing from github. It can be obtained from project Unofficial-Google-Music-API
(2014-09-10, 21:42)foreverguest Wrote: Would you like to have all songs returned or just increase the limit?

You must have a folder with the name of the addon inside the zip and into the folder the addon files.

The folder 'gmusicapi' is missing from github. It can be obtained from project Unofficial-Google-Music-API

I would like to have all the songs returned. can you add the gmusicapi as a git module so that it is pulled in when you clone the project? Would make it easier for someone wanting to contribute.
Can i entirely disable caching?

The most time i use AWXi or i use the iphone app to control my xbmc.

When i use google music plugin on the xbmc direclty, the plugin refresehes the playlists, but when i use AWXi or the iphone app, the plugin does not refresh the playlists.

In other plugins like the youtube plugin it works like expected. Is there a trick to solve this problem?
Even if the plugin takes more time to refresh/load/whatever, i don't care.

Kr
FreakErn
(2014-09-10, 21:48)trainerbill Wrote:
(2014-09-10, 21:42)foreverguest Wrote: Would you like to have all songs returned or just increase the limit?

I would like to have all the songs returned. can you add the gmusicapi as a git module so that it is pulled in when you clone the project? Would make it easier for someone wanting to contribute.

So I was playing around with this a bit and I don't think it is due to your LIMIT 500 SQL query. At least for the thumbs up. I think you need to implement the following function:

https://github.com/simon-weber/Unofficia...eclient.py

def get_thumbs_up_songs(self):
"""Returns a list of dictionaries that each represent a track.

Only applies to All Access tracks being rated up thumb.

See :func:`get_track_info` for the format of a track dictionary.
"""

return self._get_all_items(mobileclient.ListThumbsUpTracks,
incremental=False, include_deleted=False,
updated_after=None)

Unfortunately I don't know the inner workings of the plugin or I would try and implement it.
Please try version below:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.2alpha1

@trainerbill, you're right about the 500 limit, it was another limitation, in rating selection, changed in this version, please test.

Also in this version:
- return albums and artists in 'All Access' search (not tested)
- able to choose stream quality in settings

@FreakErn, you can't disable cache, the full library would have to be downloaded each time you open the addon, it's only the playlists that don't refresh? what about the library? do you see any errors in log?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17