Release Mediastream Redux 3.0.0
Wink 
I have (with permission) made some modifications to the Mediastream Redux skin:

- Upgrade compatibility for XBMC Gotham
- A few tiny GUI tweaks
- Added support for TvTunes addon

Download version 3.0.0 here.
Hi there

@SirLoinOfBeef, Thx so much...was wondering if there`s a Horizontal home menu mod (modified home.xml) that i can use...got used to confluence...so hard to remap my mind to vertical..and i love the simplicity of redux so much...read on a thread by a member who goes by the name "broads" here who did just that...but the links are old and obviously dead, can anyone help out.

Thx.
Atv2 - 4.4.4 - untethered - Helix 14.2
Hi,

Mediastream Redux is my favourite kin so I'm glad it has been update for gotham, unfortunately when I try to install it from the zip file, I get the message that 'Add-on does not have the correct structure' Any ideas what's going wrong for me?

Thanks,

Mike
(2014-07-29, 09:26)Mike Swain Wrote: Hi,
unfortunately when I try to install it from the zip file, I get the message that 'Add-on does not have the correct structure' Any ideas what's going wrong for me?

I had the same problem until I deleted _MACOSX folder in ZIP file. You should only have skin.mediastream_redux folder (and subfolders within) in your zip file.

And huge thanks to SirLoinOfBeef for the skin update. Absolutely my favorite XBMC skin ever.
Trying to find Mediastream Redux 3.0.0 for Gotham that i can download. Link posted requires joing and paying for a newshosting that i dont use. Is it possible to find this download for free? Much appreciated, really like this skin, been using it for years.
(2014-11-20, 23:36)jaypaz Wrote: Trying to find Mediastream Redux 3.0.0 for Gotham that i can download. Link posted requires joing and paying for a newshosting that i dont use. Is it possible to find this download for free? Much appreciated, really like this skin, been using it for years.

Just scroll down and click on red button "Slow Download". No need to sign up or pay...
Thanks for the help....Not the brightest bulb for computer smarts, but dangerous enough with my limited knowledge.
Hi,

I have just installed Kodi 14.0 RC3 (on a MacMini with OSX 10.8.5) and added Mediastream Redux (3.0.0), but it has at least one bug - the configuration/settings menu is empty
any idea why, is there a fix?

Thanx in advance for any reply

Regards

PS: Other OSX versions (Mavericks, Yosemite) have the same issue
Hi - I love mediastream-redux as well. And - thanks for all the hard work. I have been working with XBMC for 6 years - so I know about the commitment you have made. I would just like to make one comment though - I think there may be a couple of problems with 3.0.0 as posted.

The issue mentioned above regarding the .zip file directory structure - a simple solution is to unzip the file manually and copy the skin.mediastream-redux directory to the /usr/share/kodi/ddons directory - and restart KODI. This will yeild a functioning skin that you can switch to in the settings area.

There does appear to be a larger problem - one for which I do not have a pact solution and which will likely require input/assistance from the author. Once in the skin, the secondary menus are blank. Also - after you setup a source, you cannot pick a scraper. the drop downs are blank. (the secondary menus are from a right mouse click over a source (for instance) that would allow you to edit the source - or get to party mode - those menus)

Can you help us SirLoinofBeef?
thanks!
jer
Hi there,

For me, Mediastream Redux also is the best skin ever. I cannot even imagine running XBMC/Kodi without it. Confluence is OK, but all the other skins simply are too much of a fuss for me. I simply love Mediastream Redux' simplicity and style.

I equally noticed the bug in the context menus and I would be extremely happy if ths was fixed.

So please, SirLoinofBeef, let us have your help!
The file is no longer available. Anyone can post again ?
Hi,

I’ve missed so much Mediastream Redux that I’ve updated it for Kodi 15.1. Here’s the skin, there might be some rough edges but the context menu is there, as well as the keyboard and the scrapers dialogs.
Let me know if there’s anything essential missing.

It works on Kodi 15.1. On v14, the keyboard and the scrapers dialogs have no background but they're still usable.

Mediastream Redux 3.0.1
Thank you very much, Intruder1400 - This works!

However, I noticed that the picture of the cinema rows at "Videos" replaced. I loved this old background pic - is there any chance that we might get that back?
Hi intruder,

I installed Kodi 15.1 from scratch on my mac mini mid 2011 and now I get the "dependencies not met" error when installing your mediastreamredux 3.0.1 version.

Any help on this?

Thanks in advance!
Ok, never mind, I am stupid Smile
Not "Install from zip" but extract and copy into the Application Support/Kodi Folder in the Library.
*doH*

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediastream Redux 3.0.01