• 31(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
Thanks janbar

What is the difference between kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix and xbmc-pvr-mythtv? Is the latter for gotham?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-02, 01:07)nickr Wrote: Thanks janbar

What is the difference between kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix and xbmc-pvr-mythtv? Is the latter for gotham?
The package "xbmc-pvr-mythtv" install addon for XBMC/gotham. "kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix" install addon for Kodi/Helix. You can install all of them.

EDIT: As "XBMC" changed its name to Kodi, you can install them in same host without conflict, as you can install Kodi near XBMC too.
(2014-12-02, 00:48)janbar Wrote: Now you will find it for kodi in the ppa.Angel

Thanks. I will try again with Kodi sometime today (Downunder time)
(2014-12-02, 01:40)guiguy Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 00:48)janbar Wrote: Now you will find it for kodi in the ppa.Angel

Thanks. I will try again with Kodi sometime today (Downunder time)

... that worked great! Very smooth so far.
Still having problems with pvr.mythtv stopping randomly during playback of live TV, pvr-mythtv-cmyth works without any issues...

MythTV Logs: http://pastebin.com/u9Wh4Rkq

Kodi debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=360331

MythTV 27+ current fixes and Kodi Helix RC1 are on the same PC, Two Ceton Infinitv 4 PCIe cards.

Thank you,

Mike
(2014-12-02, 01:18)janbar Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 01:07)nickr Wrote: Thanks janbar

The package "xbmc-pvr-mythtv" install addon for XBMC/gotham. "kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix" install addon for Kodi/Helix. You can install all of them.

EDIT: As "XBMC" changed its name to Kodi, you can install them in same host without conflict, as you can install Kodi near XBMC too.

Thank you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Changing from pvr-mythtv-cmyth to pvr.mythtv now some channels in the list are duplicates but do not work to change the channel, or have any info associated with them (ie: program info channel icon) other than the channel #...

I had this issue before, now I realize why. I had to totally re-do the myth back end channel setup to get this fixed.... It's been fine until today when I switched PVRs.

Any Idea why this is happening?

Thank you,

Mike
I Just get crashes with the pvr.mythtv on kodi rc1. It crashes after an epg update or i go to watch live tv the window goes black but i can hear menus being selected. If you try to back out it crashes back to desktop. Wondering if i should just uninstall kodi all together and do a fresh install. I updated from Gotham. Which log file do i need upload for analysis.

Ubuntu 13.10 - kodi rc1 - myth 0.27 fix 3 - default confluence skin.

So far I built pvr from source.
I also removed all PVR then reinstalled from apt-get.
I have deleted nearly all plugins.
It connects to mythtv. It shows "getting channel data" "next recordings" etc
Soon as i hit the TV tab.
Screen goes black as if the skin is not working.
If i hit back Kodi just crashes.

Apart froma kodi purge. I am not sure how to proceed. If i disable TV everything works as normal.
(2014-12-02, 06:12)thekow Wrote: I Just get crashes with the pvr.mythtv on kodi rc1. <snip> Which log file do i need upload for analysis.

same issue here; i'm getting about 30min. between crashes, i.e. live tv stopping.
You guys have disabled the cmyth add-on right? Provide your kodi debug log (wiki)s and also your mythtv back end logs from the time of the crash.
(2014-12-02, 07:53)teeedubb Wrote: You guys have disabled the cmyth add-on right? Provide your kodi debug log (wiki)s and also your mythtv back end logs from the time of the crash.

In my case I had purged xbmc + the cmyth addin. Then I installed Kodi + kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix
That said, at the moment it has been running OK for a couple of hours. I have also replaced a mythfrontend in the house with Kodi + kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix. It has now been playing HD live tv for a couple of hours as well. I'll post the debug log if I get a crash on either box.
@guiguy

I just updating my kodi to last rc1, and trying addon without enabling internal demuxing (i had always enable it). The player is fully buggy, i had black screen playing liveTV after few second. Killing -9 kodi and restarted, then i tried switch channel and 1 time on 3 it stop playing and go back to channel screen. Finally i re-enable the internal demuxing of the addon, and now no issue !

So i think after gotham, the demuxer/player used by kodi pvr is not really usable. I encourage all of you to enable "Internal demuxing" of the addon.
(2014-12-02, 13:20)janbar Wrote: So i think after gotham, the demuxer/player used by kodi pvr is not really usable. I encourage all of you to enable "Internal demuxing" of the addon.

Am I correct that this is the <setting id="demuxing" value="false" /> in settings.xml, which I have now set to <setting id="demuxing" value="true" />?

I note that live tv has been playing fine irrespective of the setting. However digital radio broadcast here by the free to air DBTV channels crashes after a few seconds with the setting on "false".On "true" digital radio channels play ok.

Hardware is AMD A6 & A8 APU based.
(2014-12-02, 00:34)janbar Wrote: @all

As you have seen, Kodi/helix is released now and team guys don't want accept any more fix or improvement for Helix ! This is really a pity for us. So trying to find a solution, i added the new package "kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix" to my ppa. It will build every days as needed for all Ubuntu distros. Remember the address of my ppa:

ppa:jlbarriere68/ppa

https://launchpad.net/~jlbarriere68/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Also i build addon for OSX and Windows there:

https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...4750925043

Next step, to cover rest of majority of users, i will try to build it also for OpenELEC arm, i386 and amd64. I will let know.

Any news on an openelec build (stable 4.2.1 for my preference.)
(2014-12-02, 07:53)teeedubb Wrote: You guys have disabled the cmyth add-on right? Provide your kodi debug log (wiki)s and also your mythtv back end logs from the time of the crash.

100% yes. I will upload a log once i clear out all the old ones.

EDIT: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=361309
The menus work sometimes in the TV menu. When the screen goes black and you go back.. it comes back. Then if you select any child menu from the main menu its blank.
If i disable LIVE TV then kodi works like normal.
Not sure why in the logs it calls confluence/720p. My res is 1080p.
I got up to the view recordings stage it just says MYTHTV client failed. My mythtvbackend log seems empty.

(2014-12-02, 00:34)janbar Wrote: @all

As you have seen, Kodi/helix is released now and team guys don't want accept any more fix or improvement for Helix ! This is really a pity for us. So trying to find a solution, i added the new package "kodi-pvr-mythtv-helix" to my ppa. It will build every days as needed for all Ubuntu distros. Remember the address of my ppa:

Hey added the PPA but i cant get it to install. My ubuntu version wasn't listed in the ppa. 13.10 (saucy). after running apt-get update. I try the apt-get install but it doesn't show up in the list.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1