• 6(current)
OS X Yosemite
Hi,

I upgraded to Gotham this week and, as many of you, i experience some problems.

My setup is a Mac Mini mid 2010 on OS X Yosemite.

My problems are :
#1 - pause / buffering during playback - No log yet but i will update
#2 - Crash while playback, back to OS X - The link provided doesn't work anymore
#3 - crackling noises when launching XBMC from the Apple Remote, using Candelair, in the menu and sometimes while playback in pause.

On this third problem, i made a clean install of Yosemite with both Frodo and Gotham, no problem on Frodo. My Mac Mini is connected to my TV and my HiFi system. No problem when selecting HDMI (TV), only with my HiFi system (Atoll Audio USB 2.0) - The log.

Thanks
Hi Nemrod,

I have the very HW configuration (Mac Mini 2010 + Yosemite + HDMI) and had some problems with older versions and could not find the "special gotham version" anymore.

I've tried Kodi latest beta, which for me is - surprisingly - almost perfect (except for some very small bugs with keyboard etc) - at least playback is 100% smooth and not crashes, and all my library and skin settings (aeon nox) were migrated with no visible changes. Incredible.

Beware: since Kodi migrates all settings in <Library/Application Support/kodi > and is another app from XBMC I would suggest to copy your Application support XMBC folder and XBMC app somewhere for backup in case it should not work for you. Even if it's a different app if you try to re-launch XBMC after running Kodi you get the reset default layout and presets.

Even app launch via Apple Remote is updated to launch Kodi instead of the old XBMC app (just enter preferences once to confirm the option in Kodi).
Hi Icswz,

Good idea, thanks, but honestly for the moment i'm more concerned by the crackling i have since the upgrade to Gotham.

But i'll try Helix B5 Smile

Nemrod
Why are you still concerned about an old version incompatible with Yosemite if the new one is better?
Just completed 8+ hrs of viewing with Helix without any problem!.
Gotham is the actual release, and i was not aware of it incompatibility with Yosemite Huh

it is not because you did not experience any trouble that i won't Wink
(2014-11-30, 12:04)Nemrod Wrote: On this third problem, i made a clean install of Yosemite with both Frodo and Gotham, no problem on Frodo. My Mac Mini is connected to my TV and my HiFi system. No problem when selecting HDMI (TV), only with my HiFi system (Atoll Audio USB 2.0) - The log.

Anything i can do/add to get help ?

Thanks
Nemrod
yes trying helix rc2 - gotham won't get fixes - post a new log with helix please. Also helix is around the corner - bad timing - i don't think i will have time for looking into that much issues till release.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-04, 21:27)Memphiz Wrote: yes trying helix rc2 - gotham won't get fixes - post a new log with helix please. Also helix is around the corner - bad timing - i don't think i will have time for looking into that much issues till release.

Glad to read you, i have the same problem with Helix, i'll post a log this WE.
Equipment - 2009 Mac Pro, OS X 10.10.1, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

I am having problems with 14.0 Helix. Any search boxes for any function have no letters on the keyboard and will not let you enter any search criteria from it or from the computer keyboard. I also cannot get my Live TV to work. I have enabled it, turned on my PVR and configured it. When I click on any Live TV function all I get is a plain black screen that I have to ESC out of.

I had Gotham installed the search function worked, but the Live TV still would not show any channels when configured but the screen was normal.

Anybody with the same problem?
(2014-12-04, 22:00)Nemrod Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 21:27)Memphiz Wrote: yes trying helix rc2 - gotham won't get fixes - post a new log with helix please. Also helix is around the corner - bad timing - i don't think i will have time for looking into that much issues till release.

Glad to read you, i have the same problem with Helix, i'll post a log this WE.

Hi,

The Log.

So I have the following problems :
- Sound during startup and navigation;
- Playback, slowed at the beginning but also not smooth.

Thanks
Nemrod
(2014-12-05, 15:29)RJH7 Wrote: Equipment - 2009 Mac Pro, OS X 10.10.1, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

I am having problems with 14.0 Helix. Any search boxes for any function have no letters on the keyboard and will not let you enter any search criteria from it or from the computer keyboard. I also cannot get my Live TV to work. I have enabled it, turned on my PVR and configured it. When I click on any Live TV function all I get is a plain black screen that I have to ESC out of.

I had Gotham installed the search function worked, but the Live TV still would not show any channels when configured but the screen was normal.

Anybody with the same problem?

Be sure you are doing your testing with the default Confluence skin. The lack of keyboard input is a common problem when trying to use a skin that is not Helix compatible. If the problem persists you really must post a link to a debug log (wiki).
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks you! I switched the skin back to default and the search problem was fixed. Tried the Live TV and I cannot get the option to appear on the menu bar with default screen with the default skin and the PVR does not function.
(2014-12-05, 15:50)Nemrod Wrote: Hi,

The Log.

So I have the following problems :
- Sound during startup and navigation;
- Playback, slowed at the beginning but also not smooth.

Thanks
Nemrod

1. Can you try to set your audio settings to fixed 48000 inside Kodi (system->system->audio)
2. Please try to enable ffmpegvda and see if this fixes your non-smooth playback: (please search the wiki for advancedsettings.xml and then for useffmpegvda on that side - i can't provide the link as the wiki is blocked here ...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Code:
<advancedsettings>
   <video>
      <useffmpegvda>true</useffmpegvda>
   </video>
</advancedsettings>
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
thx
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yosemite2