• 35(current)
Release MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags
Latest release is from today Big Grin
No log no help.
Main page: https://github.com/Xycl
Repository: Xycl Repository Leia
Repository: Xycl Repository Matrix
(2014-12-10, 15:02)Xycl Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: ... I think it would be awesome if there was another category called "Unknown date"?
Possible with latest release.

(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: Also, do you think it would be possible to browse photos by year, then month and then day?
Already possible

(2014-12-08, 22:35)wjarka Wrote: And to see thumbnails instead of a list of photos? Smile It may depend on the skin, but I am basically throwing ideas.
You can change the view type. Possible types depend on used skin.

Thank you! Smile

Not sure if I should tell you or skin authors about it (not sure how Add-Ons really work), but it would be awesome if I could decide that the default view type for Pictures is "blank". Now, I need to change it for each folder. Not complaining, just throwing ideas Smile.

(2014-12-10, 17:24)Xycl Wrote: Latest release is from today Big Grin

Ahhh, that explains a lot. Can't see the update in XBMC yet, but I will check it whenever it shows.

I also have some other ideas on how this plugin could be even better (don't get me wrong, it's already awesome :>):
- Adding folders / dates to Collections (now you can only choose individual photos)
- Browsing collections as any other folder (now it seems to automatically launch a slideshow)

Maybe those two are by design and were basically designed to do something else. My scenario would be like I am back from vacation and would like to have a Collection like "Mexico Cruise" and add there all dates from June 1st to June 14th. I could probably do it with Filter Wizard, though? (however, the above may be an alternative way to do it?)

Thanks again for the information and looking forward to seeing the upgrade in my XBMC.
Got the upgrade. Installed it first through Superrepo. Added your repo and it's there. Works great! ;-)
(2014-12-10, 20:42)wjarka Wrote: Not sure if I should tell you or skin authors about it (not sure how Add-Ons really work), but it would be awesome if I could decide that the default view type for Pictures is "blank". Now, I need to change it for each folder. Not complaining, just throwing ideas Smile.

Makes sense. I'll add a setting to automatically set the view type to thumbnails (in the next few weeks, not tomorrow!).

(2014-12-10, 20:42)wjarka Wrote: I also have some other ideas on how this plugin could be even better (don't get me wrong, it's already awesome :>):
- Adding folders / dates to Collections (now you can only choose individual photos)
- Browsing collections as any other folder (now it seems to automatically launch a slideshow)

- Please try the context menu. Quiet often there is already a menu "Add to collection". Only adding folders to a collection is missing.
- You can browse your collection with the context menu.
No log no help.
(2014-12-11, 11:03)Xycl Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:42)wjarka Wrote: Not sure if I should tell you or skin authors about it (not sure how Add-Ons really work), but it would be awesome if I could decide that the default view type for Pictures is "blank". Now, I need to change it for each folder. Not complaining, just throwing ideas Smile.

Makes sense. I'll add a setting to automatically set the view type to thumbnails (in the next few weeks, not tomorrow!).

Sounds great! Good to know it's on its way, thanks man! Smile

(2014-12-11, 11:03)Xycl Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 20:42)wjarka Wrote: I also have some other ideas on how this plugin could be even better (don't get me wrong, it's already awesome :>):

- Please try the context menu. Quiet often there is already a menu "Add to collection". Only adding folders to a collection is missing.
- You can browse your collection with the context menu.

Ahh, thanks for information. I didn't notice that. Only tried folders and files, so I assumed it's only available for files Wink.

Will check browsing collections tomorrow, thanks for a hint.
Hi,

First, thanks for creating such an awesome add-on.

When I "Browse by Date" The date shown for .MOV video files is the "Date Modified". I think it would be much better for the date to be "Date Taken". Is there anyway to change this?
Hello together,

I installed the MyPicsDB and activated mysql,
but the access is error.

Error Type: <class 'resources.lib.local.mysql.connector.errors.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: 1045: Access denied for user 'XBMC-pic@Home.ne'@'Vanessa-I5800.fritz.box' (using password: YES)

My big question ist: Where get the extension: Vanessa-I5800.fritz.box ?

Yes I have a fritzbox and a device vanessa-i5800, but its not the same device.
(2015-01-03, 11:54)jonwolds Wrote: Hi,

First, thanks for creating such an awesome add-on.

When I "Browse by Date" The date shown for .MOV video files is the "Date Modified". I think it would be much better for the date to be "Date Taken". Is there anyway to change this?
The videos haven't a "date taken" tag.

(2015-01-03, 21:12)Heiko123 Wrote: Hello together,

I installed the MyPicsDB and activated mysql,
but the access is error.

Error Type: <class 'resources.lib.local.mysql.connector.errors.OperationalError'>
Error Contents: 1045: Access denied for user 'XBMC-pic@Home.ne'@'Vanessa-I5800.fritz.box' (using password: YES)

My big question ist: Where get the extension: Vanessa-I5800.fritz.box ?

Yes I have a fritzbox and a device vanessa-i5800, but its not the same device.

Vanessa-I5800.fritz.box is the fully qualified PC name.
Fritz.box is the local domain and Vanessa-I5800 the PC from which user XXBMC-pic@Home.ne tries to access MySql.
I don't know if the @ is allowed within the user name.
No log no help.
hey xycl,
I began modifying mypicsdb a few months ago to work out some bugs that seemed unique to my setup. I've made quite a few changes since then and wanted to show what i've done with your awesome plugin. Note that I'm using a customized version of the Aeon Nox 4.0 skin and running the final helix release.

Home Screen
The home screen displays up to 50 random and recent items that scroll on a set interval every 2-3 seconds. I removed the limit from the skin and added support for up to 50 pictures and added a setting for the plug in for the user to specify how many (0-50) images to display.

Main Menu
Changed the order around of the main menu options and added item counts for uploads, shots taken, videos, and collections. This allows me to see how many images will be returned before clicking the link as some of the larger queries can take some time to generate.

Settings
Added a couple new options to the settings.
1) Display notification for collection updates - My modified scanpath.py script updates collections that are generated from saved filter wizard setting (Note I also modified collections associate a saved filter wizard ID if that's where the collection originated from) so that when new pictures are added that meet the filter wizard criteria, they are automatically added to the collection. If this option is enabled a notification will display on screen for each collection to alert the user if any new objects were added to the collection once the scan is completed.
2) Show NSFW Content in Recent/Random Searches - I added a column to the RootPaths to specify NSFW paths so that they can be excluded from the random/recent pictures and not displayed on the home page. Guests dont need to see that stuff. Currently NSFW paths have to flagged manually in mysql. I'm working on a new UI for rootpaths to allow that to be edited through the plugin.
3)Recent/Random pictures on home - Option to allow user to specify how many pictures are displayed on the home page (0-50)

Filter Wizard
Rearranged the filterwizard quite a bit to support paths in queries (note this was before you added the functionality). Added an option to change the date range search from shot taken to date added.

Context Menu
Added option to display object information and ability to tag all files in the returned list

cont...

Tag All Files
Returns a list of tags from the user to choose from then updates all objects to include the selected tag.

Object Info
New page added to show/edit tag info for the selected object (picture/video)

Updated the map page. When geolocation information is detected during the initial import it will automatically download maps for each zoom level. Pointers added to change the map view and zoom in at different areas (note these maps are downloaded as needed and not automatically)

I've made quite a few other changes too numerous to mention but the biggest change was how the database refresh worked. I added a new column to the Folders table to track when each folder was last modified. The script then compares that column to the folder modification date to determine if the pictures in the folder need to be scanned. I have about 16000 objects in the database which took about 45 minutes on my fastest computer (over an hour on the slowest) and reduced that to about 5-7 minutes on average.

Let me know if you have any questions and thanks again for this awesome addon.
Hi Zeddd,

quite awesome.
Do you think I can merge some of your enhancements with my MyPicsDB?

Xycl.
No log no help.
(2015-01-11, 11:10)Xycl Wrote: Hi Zeddd,

quite awesome.
Do you think I can merge some of your enhancements with my MyPicsDB?

Xycl.

My code is probably far from optimized (i'm still learning python) and will probably require quite a bit of work to merge since i branched off of 12.0.0 but you're welcome to try. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.
New Release 13.2.0:

The picture scanner had a bug. Several EXIF tags weren't imported.
The new release marks all pictures as modified to support a full recan of all pictures.
Which means: Go to "Paths of picture folders" and select "Search for new & changed pictures" after updating MyPicsDB.

New Release 13.2.1:
with 13.2.0 I introduced a fanart bug which is corrected with 13.2.1
No log no help.
Hello
I am using My Pics version 13.2.1 under Helix and when I want to run slideshow it run well if I select "use pan and zoon effects" but it do not run if I do not select this option
Is this a mistake on my side ?
Is there a way to disable the scanning status message (bottom right on screen) while watching movies?
It pops up and is visible for few sec's displaying a message about how many new items there were added.
The strange thing is that it pops up even if there are no new pictures added or no changes made. As far as I can see there is no way to enable/disable the automatic scanning.

- Kodi 14 (on Android 4.4.2)
- MySQL (on Raspberry PI)
- approx 4000 photos on NAS (CIFS/SMB share)
(2015-02-01, 12:13)pierre8991 Wrote: Hello
I am using My Pics version 13.2.1 under Helix and when I want to run slideshow it run well if I select "use pan and zoon effects" but it do not run if I do not select this option
Is this a mistake on my side ?

How do you start the slideshow?
I tested the slideshow without pan & zoom on my development laptop with the current MyPicsDB version and it works.
No log no help.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MyPicsDB: Pictures DB with EXIF, IPTC & XMP tags1