• 18(current)
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin
(2014-11-16, 09:19)dash Wrote: I solved my buffering issues by changing DNS addresses and using Namebench to find out the best ones. Something to do with Akamai servers possibly?
https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

Most games I watch now almost never buffer. If anything its once or twice at most Smile

Thank you so much for this. So far it looks like my buffering issue had to do with the DNS I was using. Fingers crossed no more buffering issues.
(2014-11-19, 03:12)stuspick Wrote:
(2014-11-16, 09:19)dash Wrote: I solved my buffering issues by changing DNS addresses and using Namebench to find out the best ones. Something to do with Akamai servers possibly?
https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

Most games I watch now almost never buffer. If anything its once or twice at most Smile

Thank you so much for this. So far it looks like my buffering issue had to do with the DNS I was using. Fingers crossed no more buffering issues.

Crap spoke to soon. Still buffers. Maybe less frequently.
I watched the Habs-Pens game last night and for me - changing my DNS to googleDNS has definitely improved the buffering to the point that it only buffers a couple of times in a game - which I can deal with.

A little research has told me that changing the DNS can improve the routing to nlds150.cdnak.neulion.com which is the Akamai domain name for video-on-demand games.

Info was located here -> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r2967301...er-routing.

So if you are having buffering issues - you may want to tracert to that address and see what the route looks like.

I would try googleDNS and openDNS.
I used Namebench and then changed my DNS setting on my FIOS router to OpenDNS (as they were 7.3% "faster") but still experienced buffering issues while watching games. I then tried Google's DNS settings but still had the same result - so at least for me (I'm on Verizon Fios with 50mbs download speed) changing DNS have not seemed to resolve the issue.

It is still very strange that the other user on this forum that had both an Apple TV and XBMC reported that they never had issues while watching games on the Apple because that would seem to rule out a problem with the NHL servers (I even tried changing the UserType from Playstation to Apple within the plug-in with no improvement). Unless someone can figure out how to solve this issue I think I will just have to come to terms that while I can watch my beloved Flyers in crystal clear HD via XMBC, I will just have to deal with any buffering.
(2014-11-20, 16:08)Flyersfan Wrote: I used Namebench and then changed my DNS setting on my FIOS router to OpenDNS (as they were 7.3% "faster") but still experienced buffering issues while watching games. I then tried Google's DNS settings but still had the same result - so at least for me (I'm on Verizon Fios with 50mbs download speed) changing DNS have not seemed to resolve the issue.

It is still very strange that the other user on this forum that had both an Apple TV and XBMC reported that they never had issues while watching games on the Apple because that would seem to rule out a problem with the NHL servers (I even tried changing the UserType from Playstation to Apple within the plug-in with no improvement). Unless someone can figure out how to solve this issue I think I will just have to come to terms that while I can watch my beloved Flyers in crystal clear HD via XMBC, I will just have to deal with any buffering.

Try something for me... this has helped me on 2 occasions, so I want to make sure it's not a fluke. Once the game starts, pause it. Come back in 10-15 minutes and start playing it.... it should still continue from where it was paused. Let's see if that helps the buffering. (10-15 minutes may be overkill, but that's what I did).

Downsides of this - 1 - If App/XBMC crashes for any reason you will miss 10-15 minutes of the game.
2 - Makes game hopping during intermissions difficult.

If this works, then it's an issue with the streams when they are 'Live'... I cannot recall a time where an archived game has given me any issues (I really haven't watched many, honestly).

BTW - As a Rangers fan.. it's making me a little sick to my stomach to help a Flyers fan Tongue
(2014-11-20, 18:22)sdsnyr94 Wrote: BTW - As a Rangers fan.. it's making me a little sick to my stomach to help a Flyers fan Tongue

Hahahaha Quote of the day !! Big Grin

I think I may of solved my buffering problem. I connected my Uverse modem with no ethernet cable connected and I had only 2 buffers for the whole game. Been trying it for a few days now and seems good still. I traced the problem down to an ethernet connected to another router in my house. Keeping my fingers crossed. My current devices are xbmc on my pc, google tv box and roku stick.
Unfortunately pausing the game did not help with my buffering issues. I do appreciate you taking pity and trying to help this Flyers fan even though it may not be that easy Wink I'm almost ready to buy an Apple TV just to see how it performs.
(2014-11-24, 22:34)Flyersfan Wrote: Unfortunately pausing the game did not help with my buffering issues. I do appreciate you taking pity and trying to help this Flyers fan even though it may not be that easy Wink I'm almost ready to buy an Apple TV just to see how it performs.

Go to walmart or target and buy an apple tv and see how that goes. No hassle returns. With the Apple tv, it has adaptive streaming so you will have less buffering because it will lower the quality when it has to instead of buffering. As a matter of fact, I don't think it ever buffered when I tried it, only went down in the quality of the stream. Good Luck !!
So Ive been trying to get this running for a while and I am getting the Script error, I downloaded the file from the link you posted and SSH to xbmc, still no dice. When I download from the official XBMC repository it gives me 0.8.0 also when I download from you page under MASTER it gives me 0.8.0. Only when I downloaded from ERACKNAPHOBIA did I get 0.8.1. but it made no difference I still get the script error and the app wont boot. Also every now and again i get a credential error when in fact my credentials are correct. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Does anyone else have issues when trying to view archived games? No matter if I try watching the condensed game, the 5 min highlights, or the full game - I get the "working" message but then nothing happens. If is working properly for others I will try to get a fail-log posted so the smart people that support the add-on can take a look and see what may be wrong (and a big THANKS for the continued support of this excellent add-on!!).
Condensed games are working fine for me here. I watched one yesterday morning.

One thing I would suggest is making sure that you have a clean install of the plugin since there has been a couple of versions with the same name. Right click the add addon - uninstall - make sure it's completely gone - then clean install it.
I did try a clean install but still have the same issue. Will try to get a log posted for review.
I have added an option to select the CDN Server. This should help those with buffering issues select an alternate server. I have submitted it to ellisd and just awaiting for him to accept the update.
Hi All,

Having some trouble with this addon. It worked all season so far and stopped a few days ago. Version is currently at 0.8.0 and I can't seem to update. Log is at:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=364139

Would really appreciate any help. Never posted a log before, so if something else is needed, please tell me.
(2014-12-06, 06:34)cookiemonster70 Wrote: I have added an option to select the CDN Server. This should help those with buffering issues select an alternate server. I have submitted it to ellisd and just awaiting for him to accept the update.

Any chance you could also share this with Timewasted on his plugin : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...gamecenter

His has the ability to start a game from the beginning, which is a huge plus for me...
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NHL Gamecenter Plugin7