• 50(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-11-17, 15:58)vmax Wrote: Oh, ok so then there is not a separate log file for the VideoExtras then. I looked through the system logs with verbose turned on but all I saw was the loading of the plugin not any of the plugin failure in the log. I guess I will have to keep searching the forum, I must have missed something.

Thanks

Did you also turn on Debug Log in the VideoExtras settings? You would need t enable both.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
So, I've posted this in the Aeon MQ forum, and the skin development forum, trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong, but getting nowhere on either front, sadly. I'm hoping third time may be the charm...

I'm looking to add some flags for VideoExtras support to my ViewsRightList.xml for Aeon MQ5 I've been successful in adding an overlay for movies in general, both the focused and unfocused listings, but set listings are a little borked.

For example:
  • I have 2 Guns, with extras. Focused shows an extra overlay, unfocused shows an extra overlay
  • 2 Fast 2 Furious has no extras. Focused & unfocused show no overlay.
  • The Back to the Future Collection, which has three movies in the set, and no extras - has an extra overlay on focused & unfocused, but no overlay on the individual movies in the set.
  • If I put an extra on the first movie in the collection, the status does not change. Collection will still show overlays, but the individual movies will not.

This is what my library looks like(note, the collection does not have any extras in it):

Up to this point, I'm confident enough that i've modified the xml in the correct locations for non-set movies. But I'm unsure of where in the script I should look at modifying sets. Even further to that point, are set listings even handled by the xml, or is it an additional addon that handles the set listings?

My setup has extras stored within a subdirectory in the individual movie folders, not in an alternate location. It seems like the Container.Content(Movies) variable in the overlay script may be messing with how the set functionality works, but with that in mind, I have no clue exactly how that variable works, so I may be talking completely out of my rear end.

Is anyone able to shed some light on this, as I think I've exhausted the last of my possible routes at this point.

Thanks!
All, I have been using this addon successfully for a while with Gotham. After upgrading to Helix, I started getting a script error immediately on opening Kodi.

I'm running Kodi RC3, but the problem has been present since the early beta versions.

log file is here: http://pastebin.com/7AGCTg5M

This is the relevant portion of the log-file:
13:15:44 T:4640600064 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named simplejson
ImportError: No module named simplejson
-->End of Python script error report<--

I've gone through the the python code, and if I comment out the following lines, the script error goes away:
#if sys.version_info < (2, 7):
# import simplejson
#else:
# import json as simplejson

That removes the script error thrown at Kodi open and allows the Extras Screen to display from within the video info screen. Launching the VideoExtras addon by itself doesn't work, however.

I'm on a Mac Mini running Kodi RC3.

OK, this is simple:
replace if sys.version_info < (2, 7)

with if sys.version_info < (2.7)

I tried that, and the issue resolves.
I'd like to make a feature request. I'd like to be able to search VideoExtras in a similar fashion to how the GlobalSearch Script works. For example, I'd like to be able to find all of the Gag Reels or Deleted Scenes within my video extras. Is that possible to do?
(2014-12-11, 23:47)jmuck78 Wrote: I'd like to make a feature request. I'd like to be able to search VideoExtras in a similar fashion to how the GlobalSearch Script works. For example, I'd like to be able to find all of the Gag Reels or Deleted Scenes within my video extras. Is that possible to do?

I don't really know anything about GlobalSearch - maybe ask Ronie if he is willing to add an additional selection for VideoExtras?

Rob
(2014-12-11, 23:22)jmuck78 Wrote: OK, this is simple:

For this bit of code I have followed the recommendation at this location:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173887

I am reluctant to change it unless Martijn is planning to change his recommendation for this.

If you wanted to chase this up with Martijn, then please feel free - I'll follow his lead on this one (After all he is far more knowledgable in this area than me!).

Thanks

Rob
(2014-12-12, 17:57)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-12-11, 23:22)jmuck78 Wrote: OK, this is simple:

For this bit of code I have followed the recommendation at this location:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173887

I am reluctant to change it unless Martijn is planning to change his recommendation for this.

If you wanted to chase this up with Martijn, then please feel free - I'll follow his lead on this one (After all he is far more knowledgable in this area than me!).

Thanks

Rob

I don't disagree with the logic, but I think there is obviously a syntax error in there somewhere - as the current implementation generates an error message. You might ask Martijn if he meant for his recommended code to be followed to the letter (which I would note VideoExtras didn't do either), or if the logic is correct while the syntax may need to be corrected. I simply corrected the syntax.
I noticed today that ampersands don't work in <title></title> in the video extras nfo files. Are there any other english characters I need to watch out for?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Thanks wgstarks. Neither diacritics. Just checked. I remember we ended up pretty worked-out trying to solved this and Rob got it on his revision r304 https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/issu...?id=40#c34

This surely got broken again.

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-12-15, 03:57)wgstarks Wrote: I noticed today that ampersands don't work in <title></title> in the video extras nfo files. Are there any other english characters I need to watch out for?

Hi wgstarks,

Don't forget that NFO files are pretty much XML files so some special characters like & will need to be escaped (so &amp; in this case). Otherwise it will result in an invalid XML file.

I just did a quick check, and editting the title via the context menu in video extras will do the conversion in this case.

Hope this helps!

Rob
@wgstarks @rob_webset, just checked from within VideoExtras, as Rob pointed, and that still works perfect for me too. Means you can put practically any character you want and will work. Just bring the contextual menu by pressing 'c' whilst hovering on the title. What doesn't work (at least not yet like NFOs work by default to rename videos or music albums in Kodi) is editing the NFO directly with special characters in the extra's title, which I presumed is what you were trying to do wgstarks? You can do it but the special characters (international characters) will be skipped by VideoExtras. Also if you have a NFO for which you edited special characters in <title> and VideoExtras shows instead the original filename, that means you saved the NFO with an invalid UTF-8 format. Watch for that...
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-12-15, 13:15)capfuturo Wrote: @wgstarks @rob_webset, just checked from within VideoExtras, as Rob pointed, and that still works perfect for me too. Means you can put practically any character you want and will work. Just bring the contextual menu by pressing 'c' whilst hovering on the title. What doesn't work (at least not yet like NFOs work by default to rename videos or music albums in Kodi) is editing the NFO directly with special characters in the extra's title, which I presumed is what you were trying to do wgstarks? You can do it but the special characters (international characters) will be skipped by VideoExtras. Also if you have a NFO for which you edited special characters in <title> and VideoExtras shows instead the original filename, that means you saved the NFO with an invalid UTF-8 format. Watch for that...

You can hand edit, but you need to ensure the file you are saving is valid against the XML spec.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/

Don't you just love specs - so readable! Angry

Rob
Hi there, I'm really looking forward to trying this out, but I'm a LITTLE confused by the directions on the Wiki and I want to make sure i have it right before I add my extras.

So by DEFAULT, I can have an Extras folder in each and every movie I'd like to put extras in and then put desired extras for that movie in it's corresponding folder

Example:

Movies/Die Hard/Extras/Die Hard Gag Reel.mkv
/Avengers/Extras/Avengers Deleted Scenes.mkv
/Frozen /Extras/Let it Go music Video.mkv

Is that right?

And if I had episode specific extras for a TV show I don't need a folder they just need to have the video with the same file name. Example:

TV Shows/Star Trek TNG/Season 3/S03E05.mkv
/S03E05-extras-.mkv

And when making NFO files, the <Title> and <sorttitle> don't need to reference the show/movie it's paired to, it's just for the title of the Extra (Gag Reel, Deleted Scenes, etc)?

Thanks
(2014-12-17, 05:55)Choppasmith Wrote: Hi there, I'm really looking forward to trying this out, but I'm a LITTLE confused by the directions on the Wiki and I want to make sure i have it right before I add my extras.

So by DEFAULT, I can have an Extras folder in each and every movie I'd like to put extras in and then put desired extras for that movie in it's corresponding folder

Example:

Movies/Die Hard/Extras/Die Hard Gag Reel.mkv
/Avengers/Extras/Avengers Deleted Scenes.mkv
/Frozen /Extras/Let it Go music Video.mkv

Is that right?

And if I had episode specific extras for a TV show I don't need a folder they just need to have the video with the same file name. Example:

TV Shows/Star Trek TNG/Season 3/S03E05.mkv
/S03E05-extras-.mkv

And when making NFO files, the <Title> and <sorttitle> don't need to reference the show/movie it's paired to, it's just for the title of the Extra (Gag Reel, Deleted Scenes, etc)?

Thanks

That should all work, but you should probably do a little test with your desired configuration to be sure, before you add all your extras and find out there's a problem (not positive about extras for a specific TV episode). Just an FYI, you can also include <plot></plot> in your NFO files if you wish. Allows a brief description of the extra. You must make sure that the skin you're using supports VideoExtras though. Many do, but not all.
Hi Rob et al.:

First off, thanks Rob and any others for a great addon. My question is related to Choppasmith's in that I too am specifying extras for specific TV episodes (Doctor Who comes to mind). I have everything working, including overlays in Confluence, running Gotham 13.2 against MySQL shared DB, but cannot get overlays on specific TV episode extras to display, nor even for those extras to show up when "browsing" extras. Season-level extras in their own directories work correctly as do movie extras both in separate directories and individually-tagged files. These "episode" extras do get scanned, and the "Extras" button does appear in the Info subpage, just no overlays in the season episode lists or entries in the addon extras browser. (The setting to force display of the extras button is not set).

Is this expected behavior? Apologies if this has been asked and answered, but I've been through all 50 forum pages while setting this up, and I don't think it has as I am experiencing it. I was about to investigate the code, but figure I should ask the question to save myself a possible headache if there is nothing that could be done. Cheers to anyone who responds.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2