Release Plugin Slideshow Screensaver
Another error with the Helix Beta 1 happens when you try to set the plugin path

Code:
11:53:42 T:72888   ERROR: RunScript called for invalid add-on id 'screensaver.plugin.slideshow'. Not a script.

It's caused by PR 5563. It should work again in Beta 2 now that PR 5663 has been merged. It's deprecated though so you might want to fix it now if possible.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-11-13, 13:46)Leopold Wrote: By the way, do you know how to make an image plugin itself display a caption, or just the item's label?
Unfortunately I don't think that is possible for a plugin. I believe images are displayed directly by XBMC/Kodi and I don't think there is any way to tell it to show a caption, though I could be wrong Smile
The screensaver does this by creating a skin with an image filling the whole window and putting a label over the image.
(2014-11-13, 15:44)Leopold Wrote: Another error with the Helix Beta 1 happens when you try to set the plugin path

Code:
11:53:42 T:72888   ERROR: RunScript called for invalid add-on id 'screensaver.plugin.slideshow'. Not a script.

It's caused by PR 5563. It should work again in Beta 2 now that PR 5663 has been merged. It's deprecated though so you might want to fix it now if possible.
Thanks for pointing that out. I actually saw this message when I was messing with another addon and didn't know what the heck was going on.
(2014-11-13, 20:18)ruuk Wrote:
(2014-11-13, 13:46)Leopold Wrote: By the way, do you know how to make an image plugin itself display a caption, or just the item's label?
Unfortunately I don't think that is possible for a plugin. I believe images are displayed directly by XBMC/Kodi and I don't think there is any way to tell it to show a caption, though I could be wrong Smile
The screensaver does this by creating a skin with an image filling the whole window and putting a label over the image.
OK thanks. I thought that was the case.
This addon seems to be another one broken by PR #5201. Try it in Helix Beta 3 with Break Pictures and you should get "no module named requests".

Hopefully there's a way to work around this but it could be a tricky one.
Information 
Version 0.0.14

Changes:
  • Fix for modules not being added to import path on Helix causing import errors

On my REPO.
(2014-11-17, 14:59)Leopold Wrote: This addon seems to be another one broken by PR #5201. Try it in Helix Beta 3 with Break Pictures and you should get "no module named requests".

The new version should fix this. This one was a little tricky, but I managed to pull it off Smile
(2014-11-19, 02:04)ruuk Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 14:59)Leopold Wrote: This addon seems to be another one broken by PR #5201. Try it in Helix Beta 3 with Break Pictures and you should get "no module named requests".

The new version should fix this. This one was a little tricky, but I managed to pull it off Smile
Working perfectly in Beta 3. Thanks for that. Much appreciated.
I am trying to use this with your picasa plugin and it doesn't seem to be displaying images recursively. It will display if I pick a specific album but not if I set the path to "albums" in general.
Also, trying to select the source path in Helix from a new installation doesn't pop up a selection window. The only way I can get it to work is to copy settings over from Gotham.
Any advice?
Thanks
Information 
Version 0.0.15

Changes:
  • Fix for source path not being selectable on Helix

On my REPO.
(2014-12-12, 05:26)cgmille2 Wrote: I am trying to use this with your picasa plugin and it doesn't seem to be displaying images recursively. It will display if I pick a specific album but not if I set the path to "albums" in general.

That's because it currently doesn't do that. It just displays the images in the selected folder. Adding recursive display is something I may add in the future.

(2014-12-12, 05:26)cgmille2 Wrote: Also, trying to select the source path in Helix from a new installation doesn't pop up a selection window. The only way I can get it to work is to copy settings over from Gotham.

The new version should fix this.
This screensaver was working great for me up until about 1 week ago (on a gbox midnight mx2) in combination with the flickr plugin. Symptoms: now instead of pictures I just get the "loading images" text indefinitely, and when I check the screensaver settings, I can't access them (greyed out). The flickr plugin still works well on the same system. Updated to the latest version above, but it did not help.
Information 
Version 0.0.16

Changes:
  • Fix for settings being grayed out
  • Fix for broken 'Source Path' selection in settings

On my REPO.
(2014-12-16, 08:16)Jasper2000 Wrote: This screensaver was working great for me up until about 1 week ago (on a gbox midnight mx2) in combination with the flickr plugin. Symptoms: now instead of pictures I just get the "loading images" text indefinitely, and when I check the screensaver settings, I can't access them (greyed out). The flickr plugin still works well on the same system. Updated to the latest version above, but it did not help.

I fixed the settings issue, but I can't duplicate the flickr issue. Try the new version and if you still have an issue I will need an error log.
Working again...thanks very much!
Could you increase the maximum value for the the time to show each image? I'd like to set something like 20 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin Slideshow Screensaver0