• 66(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Hi,would it be possible for you get extended info script for movie sets info work? cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Is there any indication when Back Row will be compatible with Kodi or is there a trick to make it work?
I'll be getting round to it soon - hopefully before new year
(2014-11-26, 17:14)Sharpe Wrote: I'll be getting round to it soon - hopefully before new year
Great! Cool
Ok I've made a start converting Back Row for Kodi - there's a download link on the main download location.

Obviously there's lots still to do but the basics are working ok(ish) (including the new keyboard changes). Things like home screen recommended and random movies, TV and Music widgets seem to have changed how they work so that's on the to do list but recently added is working ok.

I'll try and keep working on it as much as I can, aiming to have something fit to release near the end of the month.
Great skin! I'm trying to add shortcuts to the home screen, but when I click "set favorite" nothing happens, even though I have many items in my favorites. Am I doing something wrong?
Do you mean the "set favorite" button in skin settings?

If that's the case then it should open up the favourites menu - you probably need to check that you have the favourites script installed from here.
(2014-12-15, 17:47)Sharpe Wrote: Do you mean the "set favorite" button in skin settings?

If that's the case then it should open up the favourites menu - you probably need to check that you have the favourites script installed from here.

Yes, it's the button in the skin settings. Is this script specifically for Back Row? My favourites were working with the default skin.

I tried installing the script using the "Install from ZIP" button in the System-> Add-Ons but nothing seems to have happened. Still nothing happens when pushing "Set Favorite".
(2014-12-15, 18:08)ultimateguy Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 17:47)Sharpe Wrote: Do you mean the "set favorite" button in skin settings?

Yes, it's the button in the skin settings. Is this script specifically for Back Row? My favourites were working with the default skin.

I tried installing the script using the "Install from ZIP" button in the System-> Add-Ons but nothing seems to have happened. Still nothing happens when pushing "Set Favorite".

No it's just the standard script from the Helix repo are you using Gotham? If it's Gotham then this is the right link.

Try installing the relevant script for you set up then maybe reloading XBMC / KODI and see if it works then,
(2014-12-15, 20:24)Sharpe Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 18:08)ultimateguy Wrote:

No it's just the standard script from the Helix repo are you using Gotham? If it's Gotham then this is the right link.

Try installing the relevant script for you set up then maybe reloading XBMC / KODI and see if it works then,

I am indeed using Gotham. I tried to install the proper script but nothing happened. I went to System -> Add-ons and chose "Install from zip file", selected the script and nothing happened. Restarted XBMC and still nothing. The "Set Favorite" button just doesn't respond. I feel like an idiot! haha
(2014-12-16, 01:32)ultimateguy Wrote: .....I am indeed using Gotham. I tried to install the proper script but nothing happened. I went to System -> Add-ons and chose "Install from zip file", selected the script and nothing happened. Restarted XBMC and still nothing. The "Set Favorite" button just doesn't respond. I feel like an idiot! haha

LOL yep that's how I often seem to feel these days as well!

Very frustrating I imagine - it does seem to work ok here so I still think it's related to the script in some way - you could try manually unzipping the script to the addons folder and see if that forces the issue.
Is Back Row compatible with Kodi (Helix)? Do I have to install it manually as I can't see it in the list of Skins available in the menus?

EDIT: Sorry! Didn't read far enough up the thread for the answer to my question Smile
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
Greetings: recently on, or around 12/24/2014 back row quit working on gotham 13.2 I am running the windows version.
I get the message skin incompatible. I have forced refreshed the xbmc.org repository to no avail.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really really liked this skin and have put alot of time into configuring it the way I like things.
Thank you, and merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone.
-Stampee
(2014-12-27, 00:27)stampee Wrote: Greetings: recently on, or around 12/24/2014 back row quit working on gotham 13.2 I am running the windows version.
I get the message skin incompatible. I have forced refreshed the xbmc.org repository to no avail.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I really really liked this skin and have put alot of time into configuring it the way I like things.
Thank you, and merry christmas and happy holidays to everyone.
-Stampee

Hi mate - I'm never sure what can cause these things but usually you can just manually install the skin by copying over the skin folder to the app_data folder.
Sharpe: Thank you. I downloaded the skin, and placed it in the addon directory. Xbmc still says the skin is incompatible.
I also forgot to state that around 90% of all skins now say they are incompatible. I have no idea what happened to my system.
I tried reloading gotham and did a cold boot to no avail.
-Stampee
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6