Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 267(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
I'm using the latest Kodi RC3 with no problems
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Okay do you use the Windows Nightly build or just the rc3?
Surround : Samsung 5.1, Screen : 125 Inch Electric Elite Screens, Projector: Optoma HD131Xe 3D
Wints after reinstall I got it to work with the newest Nightly build Smile and thanks for the help/tip to get it work Smile
Surround : Samsung 5.1, Screen : 125 Inch Electric Elite Screens, Projector: Optoma HD131Xe 3D
Just wanted to stop by to say I have been running this script for a while now and it's been working flawlessly.
I'm running the home automation with InControl with no middle man software with no issue.
My biggest problem was I'm stupid and was trying to run it in Aeon Nox which isn't supported.

Giftie, thanks very much for your efforts!
(2014-12-16, 00:37)TheNemic Wrote: Wints after reinstall I got it to work with the newest Nightly build Smile and thanks for the help/tip to get it work Smile

No problem mate glad you got it sorted, and sorry i didn't reply to your last post i wasn't feeling very well and went to bed lol
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Have tried following along with recent developments but RL has decided to stick it in and break it off lately.

How's CE working with Kodi now? Any big hiccups with the recent RC releases?

Has anything else changed with CE lately?

Anyone heard from Giftie? I sent him a PM bu haven't seen or heard from him. Hope things are ok with everything.

Last, has ANYONE read my request for help setting up CE with a Vera Z-Wave controller? I'm still lost and have a number of issues to work out, hopefully when I'm off for 2 weeks I can get this all sorted out.
HELP NEEDED:
I am running XBMC 13.2 CE 4.0.10.
My XBMC always crashes when I select cinema play in my movie info menu...i am using neon skin..same thing happens with aeon mq5.

I enabled debugging and the xmbc.log does not show me anything erroring out in XBMC. I am using it on OS X btw, latest Yosemite update..hope the gurus here can help..TIA
Problem solved sorry..i got a newer version from GIT, 4.0.13. I thought mine was the latest version as it is was the version in XBMC.org official repository
(2014-12-17, 04:04)Batiatus Wrote: Have tried following along with recent developments but RL has decided to stick it in and break it off lately.

How's CE working with Kodi now? Any big hiccups with the recent RC releases?

Has anything else changed with CE lately?

Anyone heard from Giftie? I sent him a PM bu haven't seen or heard from him. Hope things are ok with everything.

Last, has ANYONE read my request for help setting up CE with a Vera Z-Wave controller? I'm still lost and have a number of issues to work out, hopefully when I'm off for 2 weeks I can get this all sorted out.

Hi To try and answer your questions

1. No big problems the only one i get and i was getting it before Kodi Helix is after launching CE all is fine but when in the movie if I pause it for ny longer then a few minutes it crashes Kodi out.

2.No new changes and haven't been for awhile

3.And no Giftie hasn't been around for a while still think he's dealing with real life.

4. Can't help you with this has I've no idea what a Vera Z-Wave controller is

@Batiatus

After a quick Google search it looks like the Vera's take commands via HTTP. LINK.
This is what I use with my InControl Z-Wave setup and it's actually not too difficult.
Look here for Gifties intro to the home automation process.
Find your home_automation.py file.
It should be located here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\ha_scripts
Then just find the trigger in the script that you want to dim the lights at, I use "Movie Trailer".
Here's my code:
Code:
# Trailer
        elif trigger == "Movie Trailer" and ha_settings[ "ha_trailer_start" ]:
            # place code below this line
            urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.0.100:1178/zwave/activateSceneGet?sceneName=Movie%20Start')
            pass

Yours will probably look something like this.
Just change the IP address and port to your Vera, and figure out you scene number.
Code:
# Trailer
            urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.1.100:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=1')
            pass

Give it a try.
Lemme know how it goes.
(2014-12-17, 17:45)hoobie7 Wrote: @Batiatus

After a quick Google search it looks like the Vera's take commands via HTTP. LINK.
This is what I use with my InControl Z-Wave setup and it's actually not too difficult.
It should be located here: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.cinema.experience\ha_scripts
Then just find the trigger in the script that you want to dim the lights at, I use "Movie Trailer".
Here's my code:
Code:
# Trailer
            urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.0.100:1178/zwave/activateSceneGet?sceneName=Movie%20Start')
            pass

Just change the IP address and port to your Vera, and figure out you scene number.
Code:
# Trailer
            urllib2.urlopen('http://192.168.1.100:3480/data_request?id=lu_action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=1')
            pass

Give it a try.
Lemme know how it goes.

Thanks for this info. I may be able to try this tonight or on the weekend. The biggest issue I've had trying to integrate the Vera has been a lot of old information that doesn't seem relevant. I've asked a number of times publicly and through PM of people who've posted about setting their own systems up. However to this point I've not had any luck getting a response.

My next big challenge is to figure out why the projector won't auto-switch to 3D HSBS and to get Stereoscopic player working with full frame packed 3D support (not CE issues but part of the overall experience).
(2014-12-17, 20:55)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-12-17, 17:45)hoobie7 Wrote: @Batiatus

Here's my code:
Code:
# Trailer
            pass

Code:
# Trailer
            pass

Give it a try.
Lemme know how it goes.

Thanks for this info. I may be able to try this tonight or on the weekend. The biggest issue I've had trying to integrate the Vera has been a lot of old information that doesn't seem relevant. I've asked a number of times publicly and through PM of people who've posted about setting their own systems up. However to this point I've not had any luck getting a response.

My next big challenge is to figure out why the projector won't auto-switch to 3D HSBS and to get Stereoscopic player working with full frame packed 3D support (not CE issues but part of the overall experience).
The projector won't switch to 3d automatically for hsbs because hsbs files are no different than regular 1080p files in terms of resolution. The projector simply cannot tell the difference (I hear some high end equipment do image analysis to determine hsbs or hou but they are rare and very expensive) the only way xbmc can tell if it's 3d is either by filename or certain tags. The projector does not get any of those, it just gets a 1080p video signal. You have to manually turn 3d on and select sbs or ou.

Frame packed 3d is different in terms of resolution. The vertical resolution is a little more than twice as much compared to 1080p and that's how the projector can tell that it's 3d frame packed and switch output automatically.
(2014-12-17, 22:43)aptalca Wrote: The projector won't switch to 3d automatically for hsbs because hsbs files are no different than regular 1080p files in terms of resolution. The projector simply cannot tell the difference (I hear some high end equipment do image analysis to determine hsbs or hou but they are rare and very expensive) the only way xbmc can tell if it's 3d is either by filename or certain tags. The projector does not get any of those, it just gets a 1080p video signal. You have to manually turn 3d on and select sbs or ou.

Frame packed 3d is different in terms of resolution. The vertical resolution is a little more than twice as much compared to 1080p and that's how the projector can tell that it's 3d frame packed and switch output automatically.

My dad's Panasonic plasma changes to 3D automatically for HSBS after a short time "analyzing" the image. The projector I'm using is a Panasonic PTAE8000. Both are/were Panny's top of the line units at the same time. If one switches, the other should as well. this works when playing SBS files through any media player in full screen regardless of their naming tags or through broadcast TV when all that's actually getting to the TV is a 1080p signal.

Framepacked 3D (MVC) isn't twice the vertical resolution. It's 1920x1080 times 2 frames. It also contains data that will trigger the display to 3D mode automatically.

I have to play with the computer's settings and ensure the HDMI cable isn't an issue to get things to work, as well as sort out the issues with Stereoscopic player and the various AMD drivers and codecs to get it working. I've had it all set up on my Dad's TV and the only complaint is the time it takes the TV to initialize the 3D switch during CE when the first 3D intro video comes on.
@Batiatus

If you wanted to get real fancy you could use that RS-232 port on your projector.
Then you could have XBMC set 3D mode according to the 3D type of the movie.
(2014-12-18, 01:31)hoobie7 Wrote: @Batiatus

If you wanted to get real fancy you could use that RS-232 port on your projector.
Then you could have XBMC set 3D mode according to the 3D type of the movie.

Why would I get real fancy and introduce another cable into my system when using HDMI from my PC through my receiver to my projector should work just fine?

XBMC recognizes the HSBS video and goes into the appropriate mode. The projector just doesn't see it and switch automatically as of now.

And XBMc, Kodi or whatever doesn't even playback MVC MKV files so that's completely irrelevant. I still have to use an external player and still have to get it set up correctly with the video drivers.

As stated, the Panasonic plasma switches to 3D mode automatically. Through limited testing the projector doesn't yet. And XBMc still displays that annoying stereoscopic mode notification for some unknown and unwanted reason.
  • 267(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24