• 247(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
(2014-12-03, 17:16)solamnic Wrote: any news on changelog for bios 032?
Release notes are listed on the right of the BIOS update page.
(2014-12-03, 18:10)Rezin Wrote:
(2014-12-03, 17:16)solamnic Wrote: any news on changelog for bios 032?
Release notes are listed on the right of the BIOS update page.

Cheers mate... silly me ... Tongue
Is it possible to discrete on and off codes through a harmony remote? I have power toggle, but would much prefer separate on an off to stop any issues.

(Running latest openelec stable build)
Dont know for linux but in windows I have binded other sequence to power-off / standby than default. With this I have separated on and off.
Then on harmony smart controller i have just selected that power on is different than power off and assigned the appropriate sequence to each one.
(2014-12-03, 20:42)Nellgrove Wrote: Is it possible to discrete on and off codes through a harmony remote? I have power toggle, but would much prefer separate on an off to stop any issues.

(Running latest openelec stable build)

For me the discrete "Turn Off" command from the harmony mappings works but to power it back on only PowerToggle works, PowerOn discrete command doesn't work to turn it on. Im figuring its down to what IR codes the Intel IR sensor is triggered by
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Anyone get a black screened XBMC when waking up the nuc from sleep? I have to kill process to fix it.
(2014-12-18, 02:58)myst4ry Wrote: Anyone get a black screened XBMC when waking up the nuc from sleep? I have to kill process to fix it.

Only when I put it to sleep while a video is playing
Did anyone upgraded to the new kodi release?
Does it work well with the Haswell?
Can i leave the video Settings from gotham?
i5 NUC's fan runs quite fast and loud even when idling in xbmc main menu, is there anyway to fix this? (I have power settings as max performance)
(2014-12-21, 02:23)myst4ry Wrote: i5 NUC's fan runs quite fast and loud even when idling in xbmc main menu, is there anyway to fix this? (I have power settings as max performance)
please provide more information. Because it is not normal behavior.
(2014-12-21, 11:35)mhoogenbosch Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 02:23)myst4ry Wrote: i5 NUC's fan runs quite fast and loud even when idling in xbmc main menu, is there anyway to fix this? (I have power settings as max performance)
please provide more information. Because it is not normal behavior.

Sorry I'm mistaken, the noise comes from one of my 'WD My book' external HDD which seems to always be active, sounds like a fan that's always active.

Curious question, where do you guys stock all your media data? I keep it on a 4TB, and 3TB external wd my books connected to the NUC by USB 3.0. I can transfer files to them at a rate of about 11mb/s from my main computer through network sharing. I went with this setup because I always thought a drive connected directly through USB 3.0 would be more reliable than network streaming. I'm quite a noob in terms of RAID/NAS setups, so I'm curious to hear how you guys manage your data.
I have bought synology 4 bay NAS.
Mine is stored on an unraid server I built using 6TB WD Red's.
NAS in the closet
(2014-12-21, 01:13)clickingfast Wrote: Did anyone upgraded to the new kodi release?
Does it work well with the Haswell?
Can i leave the video Settings from gotham?

I did. With the last openelec version.
It works perfectly on my nuc i5.
Airplay with ios8 works too.
  • 247(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7