• 296(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Well, after applying RC3 rom collection browser is not launching games at all so stay away from Kodi Big Grin
Use gotham or this addon will NOT work!
I am running into a issue where the program only imports a few of the roms I have and does not show the rest. Any way to fix this issue? I have tried to re scrape with no success, The roms that I have managed to get to imported all work as I can play them no problem. Confused

Edit: Never mind I figured it out, changed the folder depth from 99 to much higher and it worked.
(2014-12-10, 19:05)zbuzanic Wrote: Well, after applying RC3 rom collection browser is not launching games at all so stay away from Kodi Big Grin
Use gotham or this addon will NOT work!

Yes it works !
Just delete your mame.ini
edit your rom collection
in emulator params write yours options, mine are : -cheat -skip_gameinfo -noka "%ROM%"
Just a quick post to thank the malte and any other contributors to this addon. Fantastic work!
Is it possible to have nested lists/collections?
Has anyone found a RCB skin that works well with touchscreen devices?
It launches fine for me on RC3, just getting an error on scraping(multiple machines) "Error could not create artwork".

Sad
(2014-09-22, 13:52)malte Wrote:
Enverex Wrote:When importing, I get the error message "Could not create artwork file" every 30 or so games. The actual error in the log is...

This is an error from the site it's trying to pull the image rather than a local error so it really shouldn't result in a blocking dialog error message in XBMC (especially when that stops it from processing any other games after that point until you manually intervene).

Anyone know a way around this? As the import is going to take ages as it's importing thousands of games, but I have to keep checking the machine every 5 minutes to make sure that this error message hasn't popped up again otherwise it doesn't continue!
I have to check this. It should be possible to differ between local and remote errors and use another error handling.

I am sorry but atm there is no workaround for this behaviour. You could edit the source code yourself to get rid of this message. Just delete line 1211 from the file "resources/lib/dbupdate.py". The line should look like this:
Code:
xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(util.localize(32012), util.localize(32011))

(2014-10-06, 03:56)DrJuano Wrote: I have a problem.

When I add games to RCB, I got this message:
"ERROR: could not create artwork file." Check xbmc.log for details.

When I open the artwork folder, I had the files jpg created but the size is 0 kbytes.

I ran cat xbmc.log | tail and I have this:

Code:
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Begin getFilesByWildcard. pathName = /home/juanar/ROMs/SNES/Artwork/boxfront/Sunset Riders (U) [!].*
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: dirname: /home/juanar/ROMs/SNES/Artwork/boxfront
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: filemask: Sunset Riders (U) [[]![]].*
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: xbmcvfs dirs: []
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: xbmcvfs files: ['Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting (E) (V1.0) [!].jpg', 'Star Fox (U) (V1.2) [!].jpg', 'Mortal Kombat II (U) (V1.1).jpg', 'Mortal Kombat 3 (E) [!].jpg', 'Mortal Kombat (U) [!].jpg', 'Mortal Kombat (E) [!].jpg', 'Mega Man X (U) (V1.1) [!].jpg', 'Killer Instinct (U) (V1.1) [!].jpg', 'Final Fight Guy (U).jpg', 'Final Fight 3 (U).jpg', 'Final Fight 2 (U).jpg', 'Final Fight (E).jpg', 'Double Dragon V - The Shadow Falls (E).jpg', "Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (E) (V1.1) [!].jpg", 'Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!].jpg']
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: Download file to: /home/juanar/ROMs/SNES/Artwork/boxfront/Sunset Riders (U) [!].jpg
22:54:39 T:140081655510784  NOTICE: RCB_INFO: File does not exist. Starting download.
22:54:39 T:140082032904096   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogOK.xml) ------
22:54:39 T:140082032904096   DEBUG: Window DialogOK.xml was already loaded
22:54:39 T:140082032904096   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 1.10m

(2014-12-18, 21:39)Xaranx Wrote: It launches fine for me on RC3, just getting an error on scraping(multiple machines) "Error could not create artwork".

Sad

(2014-12-18, 21:39)Xaranx Wrote: It launches fine for me on RC3, just getting an error on scraping(multiple machines) "Error could not create artwork".

Sad

I´m also getting this error when importing Nintendo 64 and SNES rom images. A 0 bytes image gets created, and the process stops with a message.

I tried scrapping everything with Emumovies DSU, but it doesn´t get images for all my roms.
Need some help Please I am trying to get MAME4droid (0.37b5) working but just cannot seem to launch it from within RCB any way to add this to the Auto config ?

This if for my Andriod and cannot work out the path

Can anyone out there please let me know how I can launch this from within RCB

Thanks
I just installed Kodi v14 final (just got released) and notice that Rom Collection Browser will not open up as a Program add-on on the main homepage (by adding it as a link in skin appearance). I'm using the default skin. It will open if I go into the Programs section and launch from there. Other programs don't have this issue.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/aAXdwZH6

In the debug log, I opened Kodi, turned on debug logging, went to home screen, attempted to launch RCB, waited ~15-30 seconds, then went into the Programs menu and launched successfully there.
Now that KODI is out, this program won't work until Malte updates it.
(2014-12-22, 17:02)pgjensen Wrote: I just installed Kodi v14 final (just got released) and notice that Rom Collection Browser will not open up as a Program add-on on the main homepage (by adding it as a link in skin appearance). I'm using the default skin. It will open if I go into the Programs section and launch from there. Other programs don't have this issue.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/aAXdwZH6

In the debug log, I opened Kodi, turned on debug logging, went to home screen, attempted to launch RCB, waited ~15-30 seconds, then went into the Programs menu and launched successfully there.

I'm having this same issue, should I post a Debug Log as well? Using Aeon Nox skin on Kodi 14.
I'm having problem setting up correct PARAMS in RCB.
I'm using hyperlaunch as middle man for the rest of my emulators
Everything works if I'm using “Advance Launcher” I just can't figure it out what i'm doing wrong in RCB.
Here's my working schema in Advance Launcher:

1. open advance launcher
2. select emulators > sony playstation
3. pick > colin mcrae rally 2.0
4. hyperlauncher starts (uncompressing .7z zip and mounting virtual drive)
5. 20 seconds later ePSXe starts
6. Fun

params that works for hyperlaunch in advance launcher is: “Sony PlayStation” “%ROMNAME%”

log file: http://pastebin.com/19pjyFAu

Reading from log RCB it want to handle 7z by itself is that's the issue here?

[update]

It starts now after checking "do not extract zip file"
but if I press exit xbmc crashes with "Unable to create application. Exiting" error

[update2]
works better now after update to kodi 14
Having the same issue as well using Aeon Nox... Wont open either as a program or a favorite.... Other than that it works great...
just a note:

I've found that the openbox launching workaround launcher scripts i had previosuly used and shared here for XBMCbuntu to fix focus issues will no longer work.

as of helix, they have dropped SDL and are now using X11 directly.

i've confirmed this in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213257

as a result the old scripts to fix focus issues will no longer work in the same manner.

here's the new fix i came up with for Helix XBMCbuntu.

you need to edit a script to run a window manager before Kodi launches. if this is done, everything works seamlessly again.

edit /usr/bin/kodi-standalone and add this line,

Code:
openbox &

right after the

Code:
#  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

line, so the full script reads:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#      Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Team XBMC
#      http://xbmc.org
#
#  This Program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
#  it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
#  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
#  any later version.
#
#  This Program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
#  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
#  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
#  GNU General Public License for more details.
#
#  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
#  along with XBMC; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to
#  the Free Software Foundation, 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
#  http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

openbox &

APP=Kodi
prefix="/usr"
exec_prefix="${prefix}"
bindir="${exec_prefix}/bin"
bin_name=kodi
APP="${bindir}/${bin_name} --standalone $@"

PULSE_START="$(which start-pulseaudio-x11)"
if [ -n "$PULSE_START" ]; then
  $PULSE_START
else
  PULSE_SESSION="$(which pulse-session)"
  if [ -n "$PULSE_SESSION" ]; then
    XBMC="$PULSE_SESSION $XBMC"
  fi
fi

LOOP=1
CRASHCOUNT=0
LASTSUCCESSFULSTART=$(date +%s)

while [ $(( $LOOP )) = "1" ]
do
  $APP
  RET=$?
  NOW=$(date +%s)
  if [ $(( ($RET >= 64 && $RET <=66) || $RET == 0 )) = "1" ]; then # clean exit
    LOOP=0
  else # crash
    DIFF=$((NOW-LASTSUCCESSFULSTART))
    if [ $(($DIFF > 60 )) = "1" ]; then # Not on startup, ignore
      LASTSUCESSFULSTART=$NOW
      CRASHCOUNT=0
    else # at startup, look sharp
      CRASHCOUNT=$((CRASHCOUNT+1))
      if [ $(($CRASHCOUNT >= 3)) = "1" ]; then # Too many, bail out
        LOOP=0
        echo "${APP} has exited uncleanly 3 times in the last ${DIFF} seconds."
        echo "Something is probably wrong"
      fi
    fi
  fi
done

this will fix focus issues. to fix sound issues, i had to unpin the apt pinning that blacklists pulseaudio and install pulseaudio.
  • 296(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20