• 13(current)
Release Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)
Hi.
I dont know what is going on because i can not download and install this addon .
I am downloading the installer from here
http://ruuk.github.io/service.xbmc.tts/d...BMCTTS.exe
but after clicking on install button I have the followin error.
Download failed, the requested files con not be downloaded. Please check your internet connection and try again.
I was tried this setup on another computers and it also doesnt works.
Is it any way to download and install this manually from any zip file?
(2014-12-21, 23:50)mojsior Wrote: Hi.
I dont know what is going on because i can not download and install this addon .
I am downloading the installer from here
http://ruuk.github.io /service.xbmc.tts/downloads/SetupXBMCTTS.exe
but after clicking on install button I have the followin error.
Download failed, the requested files con not be downloaded. Please check your internet connection and try again.
I was tried this setup on another computers and it also doesnt works.
Is it any way to download and install this manually from any zip file?
Sorry, the installer probably needs to be updated. What you can do is download and install Kodi from the downloads section at kodi.tv and then download the addon zip from where you got the installer and extract it into the addons folder which is at users\<username>\AppData\roaming\.kodi\addons\
When you next start Kodi it should be working.
Sorry if I've gotten anything wrong in my description as i'm not home and posting from my phone.
hi.
Thanks for your reply I have downlpoaded xbnc manually not kodi, but on the page, where addon is located I see as a zip file only repo file and speech server, I dont know where is this addon as zip file, but I will check it up again.
(2014-12-22, 20:00)mojsior Wrote: hi.
Thanks for your reply I have downlpoaded xbnc manually not kodi, but on the page, where addon is located I see as a zip file only repo file and speech server, I dont know where is this addon as zip file, but I will check it up again.

There is a button that says "XBMC TTS addon"
In my browser it is the fourth one down of the buttons on the right side of the page.
Ok on this download site I see a link called xbnc addon, but after clicking it opens empty page.
When I was tried to save this file by clicking right button on this tap I was noticed that it is .py file, which is empty.
I see with nvda only 1 button called somethink as pay with paypall, but I will check yet anywhere
(2014-12-22, 20:28)mojsior Wrote: Ok on this download site I see a link called xbnc addon, but after clicking it opens empty page.
When I was tried to save this file by clicking right button on this tap I was noticed that it is .py file, which is empty.
I see with nvda only 1 button called somethink as pay with paypall, but I will check yet anywhere

You're right. Man I have everything screwed up on the page.

Here's the proper link: https://github.com/ruuk/repository/raw/m...0.0.86.zip

I will be fixing stuff on the downloads page presently.
Oh yieh it works, but it says that there is a new version. I dont know that it will be downloaded automatically?
(2014-12-22, 20:43)mojsior Wrote: Oh yieh it works, but it says that there is a new version. I dont know that it will be downloaded automatically?
I think it is actually reporting that a new version is installed because it is comparing the old version which is nothing to the new version. Normally this makes more sense if there was a version installed previously. Perhaps I should fix that so it does not do that on initial install Smile

I recommend you install my repository to have the addon always automatically update to the newest version.
Here is the link:
https://github.com/ruuk/repository/raw/m...-2.0.0.zip

Now that you have speech, you can install from the addon manager if you like. It is under System:Settings:Add-ons:Install from zip file, and then you browse to the zip, but if you find it easier to use the same method as you did for the addon, that works too.
Information 
FYI: I've fixed the installer on the downloads page as well as the repository and addon zip links.
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.87b.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Helix fixes for PVR
  • Now handles all PVR views (Helix)
  • Better item extra info of PVR items (Helix)
  • Now reads item label instead of title in video/music views
  • Now reads watched and resumable on videos
  • Fix for left slideout menus not reading
This should make the addon much more usable for PVR on Helix. It should also be noted that while the addon should work as before on Gotham, Helix is becoming the preferred version.
Also, Confluence is and will be more and more the most compatible skin. To really get the best results possible I have to work with the skin, and I only have time for one, and Confluence is the logical choice. That being said, if you are using another skin and there is an issue, feel free to mention it, as I may fix it. I would like it to work as well as possible in skin agnostic way, but there are some aspects where that is just not possible.

FYI: the 'b' in the version number doesn't mean much. I'm just putting it on all my private repository releases now. I also have an alpha repository, but that is basically just for internal testing. Those version will have an 'a'. Official repository versions will have no suffix. The benefit of this to the users is that you will be able to tell from the version number where it came from.
Also, I've moved my repository. It should update itself, but if you have issues, you can update it manually with the latest link.
(2014-12-09, 13:10)Traker1001 Wrote: Would also be cool if it would read "Time to time" when moving around in the EPG, For example, Channel KCMO, Divorce court, 5pm to 5:30pm.

Now that I've fixed helix, it will read the "Time to time" in the extra info. Do you want it to read normally when navigating whether extra info is enabled, or should I just move it to the front of the extra info?
Information 
Added a new version to my repository: 0.0.88b.

You can also get it or the repository from the Downloads Page.

Changes:
  • Fix for versions with letter suffixes causing errors Smile
Also, I know about the issue with broken keyboard input on Helix. I spent a while trying to find a fix and I'm not sure if I can fix it in the addon, it may need some Kodi modification, so it's probably going to be broken until 14.1 at least.
I've made a fix for Kodi that gets the keyboard input working again. I'll test some more and get it looked at as my C++ knowledge is tiny and my familiarity with the Kodi code-base leaves something to be desired. It's a step in the right direction though Smile
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Screen Reader (Text to speech)10