• 2(current)
Release reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)
TV channels screen shows channel names instead of program title, watched indicators should go. In recorded tv watched indicators should be added.
Continued from: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204035

A request to Silver-Streak or anyone else able to test this, I've put together a quick implementation of the RecordPrefs.xml window. Apparently this file is needed for certain extra PVR functionality provided by the WMC PVR add-on and the NextPVR add-on.

It would be great if someone could test this out this for me. Just drop this file into the skin.refocus/720p folder and go the series recording window mentioned in the link above. Please ignore the various "test" labels, they are just there for me to do some basic testing with it.

Now, as I understood the NextPVR add-on uses the same file but with different labels, controls and such. This test release is only for the WMC PVR for now.
I'm not sure how I would have to go about providing support for both add-ons as they use the same xml filename, but use different controls in that file. I can let reFocus check what add-ons are installed to determine which labels are applicable, but I can't determine what add-ons are actually active. So then if both add-ons are installed, I guess it will display all the labels. So, I'll have to see how to approach that problem.

For now, if you guys could do some testing that would help a lot.
(2015-01-09, 13:17)lednurb Wrote: TV channels screen shows channel names instead of program title, watched indicators should go. In recorded tv watched indicators should be added.

They're not unwatched indicators, they display three possible states in the PVR: none, timer enabled or recording. I'll have a look at unwatched indicators in recordings.
(2015-01-09, 13:30)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 13:17)lednurb Wrote: TV channels screen shows channel names instead of program title, watched indicators should go. In recorded tv watched indicators should be added.

They're not unwatched indicators, they display three possible states in the PVR: none, timer enabled or recording. I'll have a look at unwatched indicators in recordings.
Ah ok, but it shows no recording indicator like in planned recordings screen, hence the confusion!
(2015-01-09, 13:52)lednurb Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 13:30)Jeroen Wrote:

Ah ok, but it shows no recording indicator like in planned recordings screen, hence the confusion!

I see, that's not right of course. I've had a quick look, and made a change that will show the recording indicator in the channels view, but not the scheduled recordings. Strange as the same code is used in other place where it does work. I may have to check with Kodi devs about this.
Hi Jeroen,

Great to see your on top of things as usual. Skin is looking great of course.
I've updated to kodi and have installed your kodi build of refocus.
I know you don't use PVR so here's a couple of minor things i noticed straight away...

PVR channel list doesn't show current running program in the list on the channels, it's only showing "NEXT" see below.
There's no way of seeing what's actually on.

Recording indicators in guide view are overlapping the text. See below.

Recorings not showing certain information. See below

Here's what it should look like, (working in confluence)

Hope this helps..

Will update if i find anything else.

and sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Cheers.
Loggio.
(2015-01-09, 08:42)Jeroen Wrote: When I get to step 4 I just go back to the homescreen? Tried this on my workstation and on my HTPC running OE. I also tried going up in Watchlist using the ".." entry and going back from that. But everytime going back from the homescreen I am brought back to the episodes watchlist.
Generally things like window history are handled by Kodi unless a <previouswindow> is given by the skin. So I don't know what's going on there, but I can't reproduce it unfortunately.

Thanks for taking a look. I'll keep working through the issue and see if I can narrow down what's going on.
(2015-01-09, 14:52)loggio Wrote: PVR channel list doesn't show current running program in the list on the channels, it's only showing "NEXT" see below.
Agreed. I am going to have to drop something here though as space is limited. It would seem to me dropping the start and end time would be the best choice as there's at least some indication of remaining time by the progress bars. Precise time info would then still be available on the right upon focusing an entry. Being able to glance what is on and coming up on the channels seems most convenient to me? Opinions on this welcome.

Quote:Recording indicators in guide view are overlapping the text. See below.
Quote:Recorings not showing certain information. See below
These are caused by changes in the way Helix aligns text. Will be fixed.

Quote:Hope this helps..

Will update if i find anything else.
Cheers!
(2015-01-09, 08:42)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-08, 18:58)thewarm Wrote: Music Videos show no art. Just the "default_Portrait" image.
Any ideas please?
They show up for me? What scraper are you using? I never use scrapers for music videos and use local information only as most of my music videos aren't found. I guess my taste is not mainstream enough.

Upon trying out this new music videos scraper the art didn't show up for me either. Apparently there's a difference here between scraper provided art and "generated" thumbnails. Will investigate the issue.
(2015-01-09, 18:29)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-09, 14:52)loggio Wrote: PVR channel list doesn't show current running program in the list on the channels, it's only showing "NEXT" see below.

Agreed. I am going to have to drop something here though as space is limited. It would seem to me dropping the start and end time would be the best choice as there's at least some indication of remaining time by the progress bars. Precise time info would then still be available on the right upon focusing an entry. Being able to glance what is on and coming up on the channels seems most convenient to me? Opinions on this welcome.

Yes... Well it makes it pretty pointless if you cannot see what's on.
Perhaps just add an extra line to each list entry... You don't really have to show all those channels in the list at once. I say just add an extra line to each entry and make the channel logos a little bigger to fit and you're done.
Perhaps just make the 'current' program show up in bold?

Anyways just a suggestion.

Cheers,
Loggio.
(2015-01-09, 13:19)Jeroen Wrote: Continued from: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=204035

A request to Silver-Streak or anyone else able to test this, I've put together a quick implementation of the RecordPrefs.xml window. Apparently this file is needed for certain extra PVR functionality provided by the WMC PVR add-on and the NextPVR add-on.

It would be great if someone could test this out this for me. Just drop this file into the skin.refocus/720p folder and go the series recording window mentioned in the link above. Please ignore the various "test" labels, they are just there for me to do some basic testing with it.

Now, as I understood the NextPVR add-on uses the same file but with different labels, controls and such. This test release is only for the WMC PVR for now.
I'm not sure how I would have to go about providing support for both add-ons as they use the same xml filename, but use different controls in that file. I can let reFocus check what add-ons are installed to determine which labels are applicable, but I can't determine what add-ons are actually active. So then if both add-ons are installed, I guess it will display all the labels. So, I'll have to see how to approach that problem.

For now, if you guys could do some testing that would help a lot.

Thank you so much for doing this! I'm going to go through my whole test notes below, so some of this stuff may be repeats from what other people have experienced.

My setup is:
Windows 8 with Media Center
ServerWMC with PVR add-on
Kodi 14

Testing I've done:
Set 1:
  • Went to Guide
  • Selected an item and chose Add Timer
  • Selected Yes on record, then "Record the Series"
  • Set to New Only, all other set as default. Clicked ok.
Result: Scheduled Recording showed up correctly in list. Verified scheduled recording showed up correctly in WMC, so as far as Kodi and the skin are concern, success.
Oddities: The Timer icon

Set 2:
  • Highlighted channel from Channel list.
  • Selected record.
  • Immediately started recording.
Result: Recording is fine. Unsure if the option for series recording should pop up here or not, but I thought I'd mention that it didn't none the less.

Set 3:
  • Went to live channel.
  • Hit select
  • Selected record button
Result: Recording is fine. Unsure if the option for series recording should pop up here or not either.

Set 4:
  • Went to live channel.
  • Hit select
  • Selected Guide
  • Selected Channel
  • Selected Record
  • Selected Yes
  • Unable to proceed
Result: The dialog for selecting series recording appears, but underneath all of the other windows, such as the guide popup.

Other items I've noticed while testing are:
Deleting a series from the timer in reFocus only deletes that specific timer, not the series recording (confirmed by deleting in timer, then going to WMC, still listed in series recordings.) Confluence does have a popup that asks "Delete this episode timer only" and "Delete the entire series". Selecting the entire series option will remove it entirely from WMC.
When you add a recording or have a timer, it overlaps with the text (already noted elsewhere above).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks again for your work on this.
(2015-01-10, 04:20)Silver-Streak Wrote: Set 1:
  • Went to Guide
  • Selected an item and chose Add Timer
  • Selected Yes on record, then "Record the Series"
  • Set to New Only, all other set as default. Clicked ok.
Result: Scheduled Recording showed up correctly in list. Verified scheduled recording showed up correctly in WMC, so as far as Kodi and the skin are concern, success.
Oddities: The Timer icon

Can you explain what's odd about the timer icon? Are you talking about the alignment issue loggio mentioned too?

Quote:Set 2:
  • Highlighted channel from Channel list.
  • Selected record.
Result: Recording is fine. Unsure if the option for series recording should pop up here or not, but I thought I'd mention that it didn't none the less.
I have no idea either Tongue Could you double check in Confluence whether or not there's a difference in behaviour?

Quote:Set 3:
  • Went to live channel.
  • Hit select
  • Selected record button
Result: Recording is fine. Unsure if the option for series recording should pop up here or not either.
Same here, a double check in Confluence please. I assume the actual window activation is purely on the wmc add-on's side, but just to make sure.

Quote:Set 4:
  • Went to live channel.
  • Hit select
  • Selected Guide
  • Selected Channel
  • Selected Record
  • Selected Yes
  • Unable to proceed
Result: The dialog for selecting series recording appears, but underneath all of the other windows, such as the guide popup.
That's a really weird one. These sort of things can happen when windows are explicitly told to open on top or underneath other windows by setting a custom z-index order, but I am not using any of that here. I made a small change to the xml file giving the recording series window a higher z-index order. Could you check if that changes anything? Get it here. Just overwrite the previous file and restart xbmc if needed (or switch to a different skin and back again so the skin is reloaded).

Quote:Other items I've noticed while testing are:
Deleting a series from the timer in reFocus only deletes that specific timer, not the series recording (confirmed by deleting in timer, then going to WMC, still listed in series recordings.) Confluence does have a popup that asks "Delete this episode timer only" and "Delete the entire series". Selecting the entire series option will remove it entirely from WMC.
When you add a recording or have a timer, it overlaps with the text (already noted elsewhere above).
I guess that's what this xml should handle. Please drop that in the skin.refocus/720p as well and let me know please.

Quote:I hope this is helpful. Thanks again for your work on this.
This helps a lot, thanks! Smile
(2015-01-10, 14:09)Jeroen Wrote:
(2015-01-10, 04:20)Silver-Streak Wrote: Oddities: The Timer icon

Can you explain what's odd about the timer icon? Are you talking about the alignment issue loggio mentioned too?

Correct. Sorry, that's what I get for flipping back and forth in my notes before writing complete sentences.

Quote:
Quote:Result: Recording is fine. Unsure if the option for series recording should pop up here or not, but I thought I'd mention that it didn't none the less.
I have no idea either Tongue Could you double check in Confluence whether or not there's a difference in behaviour?

Checked in Confluence, looks current behavior in reFocus is normal.

Quote:
Quote:Set 3:
Same here, a double check in Confluence please. I assume the actual window activation is purely on the wmc add-on's side, but just to make sure.

Looks like this is normal behavior too.

Quote:
Quote:Set 4:
That's a really weird one. These sort of things can happen when windows are explicitly told to open on top or underneath other windows by setting a custom z-index order, but I am not using any of that here. I made a small change to the xml file giving the recording series window a higher z-index order. Could you check if that changes anything? Get it here. Just overwrite the previous file and restart xbmc if needed (or switch to a different skin and back again so the skin is reloaded).

Success, resolves problem, and series recording works correctly.

Quote:
Quote:Other items I've noticed while testing are:
I guess that's what this xml should handle. Please drop that in the skin.refocus/720p as well and let me know please.

This worked wonders. Successfully deletes the series and everything. I can't find anything else non-functional at this point. You do quick and awesome work.
(2015-01-11, 03:59)Silver-Streak Wrote: This worked wonders. Successfully deletes the series and everything. I can't find anything else non-functional at this point. You do quick and awesome work.

Excellent. I'll clean up the code and put it on Github and include it in the next release. Thanks a lot for your help!

So, that should take care of the series recording features of the WMC PVR add-on. If there are any NextPVR users out there using reFocus let me know and we can check if there's some way to support both add-ons.
Hi Jeroen,
first of all thanks for your wonderful skin, tried lot of skin but Refocus is best ever.

Now, could you pls give a look to subtitles windows which not showing pages (at least for me).

Also when listening music in fullscreen mode, lyrics displays on the right of screen, but only half part of lyrics can be seen.

Hope I explain myself clear.

Thanks again, have a nice day.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 2.x for Helix (deprecated)5