• 67(current)
Back Row General Discussion
Sharpe: I now have the skin working. I dont know why, but I found the skin in the disabled list. I enabled it and all is well. Its like something in xbmc disabled all the skins on me. I dont know why going to the add skin link says skins are incompatible when they are simply disabled.
Thank you again, I am now a happy camper.
-Stampee
Good man - well done. Glad you got it working Smile
Hello, I really like the way this skin looks and feels over the stock Gotham one!

I have two questions I'm having trouble finding answers to: 1. How do I display my movies by genre? I can't find 'genre' in either 'view' or 'sort by' while in the sub menu under movies. Am I missing something? 2. The only way I found to get into the views sub menu under movies is via arrow keys. I don't always have a keyboard handy, is there a way to do this via a mouse? Thank you in advance!
(2015-01-04, 18:42)sen7inel Wrote: Hello, I really like the way this skin looks and feels over the stock Gotham one!

I have two questions I'm having trouble finding answers to: 1. How do I display my movies by genre? I can't find 'genre' in either 'view' or 'sort by' while in the sub menu under movies. Am I missing something? 2. The only way I found to get into the views sub menu under movies is via arrow keys. I don't always have a keyboard handy, is there a way to do this via a mouse? Thank you in advance!

Howdy

1) You should be able to select genre from the movie sub menu (like on the screenshot below)

2) Sorry no way with a mouse - the skin was never really designed for mouse use it's more remote control / keyboard orientated. I might try and sort something out for touch and mouse support but it's not currently a priority for me,

Cheers
It worked, thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!
Hi,

Is it just me or is there a bug with the latest KODI and Backrow skins where the Lyrics are only partly visible?
(2015-01-11, 20:30)aalmans Wrote: Hi,

Is it just me or is there a bug with the latest KODI and Backrow skins where the Lyrics are only partly visible?

Yeah it's a bug due to the change in label centering that I missed.

I've included the fix in my latest version submitted to the kodi repo.

Thanks for the spot.

Cheers
Great that works!

Awesome skin is this. I have been using it with MediaPortal and now with KODI. Will stick to it!

Two suggestions can you add simple controls for Settings screen as well?
Also, the lyrics would not overlap song data if you center the lyrics window on the screen...

Just my two cents...
(2015-01-12, 15:12)aalmans Wrote: Great that works!

Awesome skin is this. I have been using it with MediaPortal and now with KODI. Will stick to it!

Two suggestions can you add simple controls for Settings screen as well?
Also, the lyrics would not overlap song data if you center the lyrics window on the screen...

Just my two cents...

Thanks - glad you're digging it Smile

When you say simple controls do you mean like the alternative home screen controls?
(2015-01-12, 23:07)Sharpe Wrote: Thanks - glad you're digging it Smile

When you say simple controls do you mean like the alternative home screen controls?

Yes, that's what i mean. I would like the simple controls in the Settings screen but the regular ones in the normal home screen
I really appreciate the skin and their cinema theme, great work!

The skin has a lot of (sometimes overwhelming) setting options but Iam wondering if it is possible to add addon icons as a submenu of home-screen-menus (i.a. movies or music or so)?
Furthermore I would like to add playlist settings (not the playlist homescreen) as submenu buttons (to add Country separation for movies).
Iam also looking for a opinion to automatically open the submenu taskbar when edding the home-menu-button and not to use the "down-button" to handle this.

I hope someone can help me? I really would like to use this skin!

thx a lot
and cheers

Mario (from germany)
(2015-01-17, 14:34)Honko Wrote: I really appreciate the skin and their cinema theme, great work!

The skin has a lot of (sometimes overwhelming) setting options but Iam wondering if it is possible to add addon icons as a submenu of home-screen-menus (i.a. movies or music or so)?
Furthermore I would like to add playlist settings (not the playlist homescreen) as submenu buttons (to add Country separation for movies).
Iam also looking for a opinion to automatically open the submenu taskbar when edding the home-menu-button and not to use the "down-button" to handle this.

thx a lot
and cheers

Mario (from germany)

Hi Mario

Most of what you're asking can "sort of" be achieved by going into skin options \ sub menu shortcuts and, after marking the addons you want to use as favourites, then adding them as custom sub menu items. Although you won't get icons to display in the submenus - the skin just hasn't been built like that.

To do things like split movies by country or language you could make "smart playlists" for each country you want to split the movies into then do the same thing as before - ie make each particular smart playlist a favourite item then add them as a short cuts in the skin options.

To make the sub menu always visible ie so you don't have to "move down" to display it you would need to edit the home.xml perhaps remove lines 2055 and 2056.
(2015-01-17, 18:18)Sharpe Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 14:34)Honko Wrote: I really appreciate the skin and their cinema theme, great work!

thx a lot
and cheers

Mario (from germany)

Hi Mario

Most of what you're asking can "sort of" be achieved by going into skin options \ sub menu shortcuts and, after marking the addons you want to use as favourites, then adding them as custom sub menu items. Although you won't get icons to display in the submenus - the skin just hasn't been built like that.

To do things like split movies by country or language you could make "smart playlists" for each country you want to split the movies into then do the same thing as before - ie make each particular smart playlist a favourite item then add them as a short cuts in the skin options.

To make the sub menu always visible ie so you don't have to "move down" to display it you would need to edit the home.xml perhaps remove lines 2055 and 2056.

Thanx a lot for help!
Ah, I see, you are manageing everything with the favourites settings!

Well, maybe you think about a second submenu line for adding related Addons as a shortcut, maybe with the icon and to separate them from navigation submenus, which are on the first line... maybe...

I have some more questions, maybe anyone can help?

1) Is it possible to support the VideoExtras Addon, as it would be a main feature for me to navigate to bonusfootage which I stored in an "Extras" folder in each Movie folder...
2) Is there any way to add custom submenus for custom mainmenus (shortcuts)
3) What can I do with the script settings?

thx a lot!
(2015-01-17, 19:00)Honko Wrote: .. so would it be possible to support the VideoExtras Addon, as it would be a main feature for me to navigate to bonusfootage which I stored in an "Extras" folder in each Movie folder...

Sorry mate it's not something I'll be adding support for - it's not something I'd use myself which is what motivates me to add things these days.
(2015-01-17, 19:37)Sharpe Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 19:00)Honko Wrote: .. so would it be possible to support the VideoExtras Addon, as it would be a main feature for me to navigate to bonusfootage which I stored in an "Extras" folder in each Movie folder...

Sorry mate it's not something I'll be adding support for - it's not something I'd use myself which is what motivates me to add things these days.

OK, then I try it for my own. If it works, maybe you are interested in the code for anyone else who find this addon usefull (you should try it if you are interested in handling bonusmaterial for your movies Wink)

btw: I edited my last post with some more questions as I didnt recorgnized that you answered her for it, so please take a further look... thx a lot!
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Row General Discussion6