• 93(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Have anyone a working version for cubox openelec 5.0?
(2015-01-17, 06:04)bossanova808 Wrote: @ysilvela

FULL DEUG LOG or no help

No more log. I thought with this logs is enought
(2015-01-17, 22:07)ysilvela Wrote:

FULL DEUG LOG or no help

Don't you understand? Either provide a full debug log or no help will be given. Post to pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@ysilvela
you were wrong. You've cut off all the bits I need. I don't mean to be a dick about it but it's really annoying how often people ask for help without providing any useful info. First rull of xbmc problems is always FULL DEBUG LOG to pastebin...so if you don't help, start there please!

@overdrive69
To support new platforms, I need some info - basically I need someone to get a set up working from the command line (ssh in to your cubox), and then tell me what squezeslave/squeezelite binary you used (go get them from the squeezeslave/lite sites - ideally you'd get both working). I can then add that to Xsqueeze, but I also need some way of xsqueeze knowing what platform it is on, so I need the output of 'uname -a' as well.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I installed XSqueeze on my PI ( OpenElec, Gotham) and I use IPeng to control Xsqueeze. The Raspberry PI' s hdmi output is connected with the hdmi input of my denon avr receiver.

I would like my denon receiver to be powered on/off via hdmi cec everytime when I turn on/off squeezelite via Ipeng. I would also like to control its volume via hdmi cec.

The pulse eight eight adapter of the PI seems to be working.

I'm wondering if it possible to make xsqueeze call libcec and to send some hdmi cec commands to the receiver.

Sorry, I am a linux newbie. Eyery advice would be very much appreciated!
I do not know much about CEC.

Is there any python support for talking to CEC - either in general or via xbmc? If so it would not be hard to add something really.

Obviously, if you can shell script the CEC stuff, it would be easy to add a call to the script in XSqueeze.

The harder stuff would be the volume, as that normally is intercepted and goes to squeezeland instead of XBMC. But that too could be changed easily enough.

Looks like you could hack this in to XSqueeze:
https://github.com/trainman419/python-cec

If you do it in such a way as to not interfere with normal XSqueeze I'd be happy to accept a pull request for it...but I don't use CEC so I am not going to be able to help beyond pointing you to the right places etc.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Does this thread help? https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/is...tail?id=53
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not so much - just more people wanting cec support in squeezelite really

The python lib I linked above calls libcec and prvides a simple cec api by the looks of it, so if @Snyder want to get into a little python it would not be hard to add
(2015-01-19, 01:01)bossanova808 Wrote: Looks like you could hack this in to XSqueeze:
https://github.com/trainman419/python-cec

I will have a look at phyton-cec as soon as I will have the time. It looks very interesting. Many thanks.

I have just found out that it is already possible to control some XSquezze functions with the remote control of my TV. When I am adjusting the volume with my TV remote control, my TV will pass on the commands via hdmi cec to XSqueeze on my PI. I am also able to skip tracks, to start/stop playback and to turn off the PI with the tv remote control. Controlling XSquezze/LMS with the tv remote control seems to be working well.

It is just that I would like to control XSqueeze the other way round which means that the PI should send commands for turning on/off my TV or my receiver. So I could use Ipeng as a single remote control for my whole audio system.

Just in case that somebody is interested in some hdmi cec commands. My raspberry PI turns on /off my devices by executing the following commands (TV:0; Receiver:5)

Code:
echo 'on 0' | cec-client -s

Code:
echo 'standby 0' | cec-client -s
It seems that OpenELEC 5.0.0 is missing a lot of libraries that squeezelite is expecting to be there. I am not able to play any MP3s. I see these errors in my server log:

Code:
... Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for mp3 playback for ...

and when I run squeezelite from command line with -d decode=debug I get the following:
Code:
[14:09:03.762933] decode_init:129 init decode, include codecs:  exclude codecs:
[14:09:03.763540] register_dsd:624 using dsd to decode dsf,dff
[14:09:03.763721] load_faad:592 dlerror: libfaad.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14:09:03.764156] load_vorbis:300 loaded libvorbisfile.so.3
[14:09:03.764239] register_vorbis:329 using vorbis to decode ogg
[14:09:03.764327] load_flac:240 dlerror: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14:09:03.764391] register_pcm:382 using pcm to decode aif,pcm
[14:09:03.764473] load_mad:364 dlerror: libmad.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[14:09:03.764558] load_mpg:221 dlerror: libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So far I was not able to find how to resolve this problem.

Anybody has any suggestions?
hmm, that's odd. Maybe ask at the OE forum. In theory I can put the libs in the bin dir of the addon, but I haven't needed to previously. But possibly some change in kodi means these are not required in the distribution anymore? Ask them and let me know what they say, I can add them if need be.

Basically, try the latest downloads from here, manually:
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite-do...ce/browse/

...see if you get the same errors. If so, ask OE what has changed. Assuming we need to add the libs, ask them where to get the best ones for OE Smile
I will post there and ask. Meanwhile I downloaded all the missing library packages from http://packages.ubuntu.com/ unpacked and then copied to /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/lib. I had to extract the tars out of deb packages before uploading them to openelec, because openelec does not seem to have way to extract deb packages.
ok cool - let me know. I didn't notice any issues with OE 5 myself but might have been playing flacs or something else, last test...certainly I got audio Smile
(2015-01-17, 22:31)nickr Wrote:
(2015-01-17, 22:07)ysilvela Wrote:

FULL DEUG LOG or no help

Don't you understand? Either provide a full debug log or no help will be given. Post to pastebin.

Yes of course. Sorry for my english. I only try to explain that this is the only relevant logs, but I understand.
Thanks for the help.

The log: http://pastebin.com/y5pvzyx1

(2015-01-18, 00:48)bossanova808 Wrote: @ysilvela
you were wrong. You've cut off all the bits I need. I don't mean to be a dick about it but it's really annoying how often people ask for help without providing any useful info. First rull of xbmc problems is always FULL DEBUG LOG to pastebin...so if you don't help, start there please!

Yes. I wrong. Sorry. The log: http://pastebin.com/y5pvzyx1
Thanks for all bossanova.
No problems.

Ok, this is the player startup:

15:37:51 T:8096 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze - 1.1.6 ### Attempting to start player: ['C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\resources\\bin\\windows\\squeezelite.exe', '-m', '00:00:00:00:00:01', '-s', '127.0.0.1']

It's trying to connect to LMS on localhost (default port). Is LMS indeed running on the localhost?

I would manually go to this folder
C:\\Users\\yago.silvela\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\addons\\script.xsqueeze\\resources\\bin\\windows\\

and in a 'cmd' window run:

squeezelite.exe -m 00:00:00:00:00:01 -s 127.0.0.1

and see what the output is. This should quickly give you a clue as to what it going wrong. Full command line docs are here so it's easy to explore the options:
https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3