• 2(current)
Android Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
(2015-01-23, 19:41)syncd Wrote: This might be solved in the last version.

Alas, no.

(2015-01-23, 19:41)syncd Wrote: Please hit the "Report" button in the crash dialog, so i can access the trace.

Done. Seems to be a string index out of bounds exception.

(2015-01-23, 19:41)syncd Wrote: Do you by any chance have any tv show without a title?

I had one show with a blank name, now corrected. Crash still happened until a full uninstall reinstall of Kore to clear any cache, so it looks like that handling of Blanks is the issue. TV now works as expected. Music still fails to sync, but is all tagged properly AFAICT (but there's always the chance something slipped through). EDIT: See Addendum below.

(2015-01-23, 18:57)ReducedToZero Wrote: Installed on an original Galaxy Tab 10

(2015-01-23, 19:41)syncd Wrote: That one might be hard to solve.

BTW, does it issue a sync in Movies?

It does sync in Movies, pull down to refresh works exactly as expected.

(2015-01-23, 19:41)syncd Wrote: Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for looking into it Smile

-----

Addendum: After another uninstall / reinstall of Kore, I tried a manual sync for Music on the Nexus 7. When I swiped down, the 'refresh' spinner started to appear and then immediately disappeared, with no visual indication that it was still trying to Sync (Just the default 'swipe down to refresh' wording displayed). However, waiting a few minutes, it has now Sync'd Music successfully and manual refresh / sync now works as expected (displaying the spinner for the duration of the sync). TV is now also behaving fully as expected.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Love the look of your remote. Really slick, definitely not as techy looking as yatse. Maybe I just didn't find it, but where is the "toggle to fullscreen" button in the remore section?
(2015-01-24, 13:44)ReducedToZero Wrote: Done. Seems to be a string index out of bounds exception.

I had one show with a blank name, now corrected. Crash still happened until a full uninstall reinstall of Kore to clear any cache, so it looks like that handling of Blanks is the issue. TV now works as expected. Music still fails to sync, but is all tagged properly AFAICT (but there's always the chance something slipped through). EDIT: See Addendum below.

Thanks. It should be solved in the next version.

(2015-01-24, 13:44)ReducedToZero Wrote: It does sync in Movies, pull down to refresh works exactly as expected.

Addendum: After another uninstall / reinstall of Kore, I tried a manual sync for Music on the Nexus 7. When I swiped down, the 'refresh' spinner started to appear and then immediately disappeared, with no visual indication that it was still trying to Sync (Just the default 'swipe down to refresh' wording displayed). However, waiting a few minutes, it has now Sync'd Music successfully and manual refresh / sync now works as expected (displaying the spinner for the duration of the sync). TV is now also behaving fully as expected.

Odd... If you have any more issues similar to these, please report them (but wait for the next version which should be up today/tomorrow).

(2015-01-24, 14:16)DarkHelmet Wrote: Love the look of your remote. Really slick, definitely not as techy looking as yatse. Maybe I just didn't find it, but where is the "toggle to fullscreen" button in the remore section?

Still haven't implemented that. Will take a look.
Awesome remote. Mind adding a sort option to the lists?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Installed it, bought you an espresso and crashed the App Big Grin
If you press the line between Addons and Settings, KORE crashes.

Anyway: like all the other remotes, on your App is also no information about the rating displayed.
Seems that none of the developers ever heard of children Wink

So this is my 1st wish: display rating like you do with length and year. Also a filter could be nice and was never senn at another remote.

More to come, if rating is implemented Wink

PS: thx a lot, great work!
(2015-01-24, 14:42)mkortstiege Wrote: Awesome remote. Mind adding a sort option to the lists?

I couldn't settle on a couple of options for sorting that i though would be universally helpful (mainly because i personally don't need them), so i decide to let it go as is, and wait for feedback.
What option do you think would be useful?

(2015-01-24, 16:19)Starscream Wrote: Installed it, bought you an espresso and crashed the App Big Grin
If you press the line between Addons and Settings, KORE crashes.

Thanks for the report (and the accurate eye). Will be fixed in the next version.

(2015-01-24, 16:19)Starscream Wrote: Anyway: like all the other remotes, on your App is also no information about the rating displayed.
Seems that none of the developers ever heard of children Wink

So this is my 1st wish: display rating like you do with length and year. Also a filter could be nice and was never senn at another remote.

Will consider this.

I guess i should be setting up a "official request" list. Does anyone know any sites/tools that allow users to include and vote on requests (i know there's uservoice, but never used it).
I just published a new version that should be available soon through Google Play.

It fixes some reported bugs, adds new actions to the remote (clean/update libraries, toggle fullscreen) and includes French translations (thanks Kowalsky).

If you find any issues, please report them.
Woopsie, by fullscreen I did not mean that kodi gets windowed. I meant playback in fullscreen, like when some media plays and you fiddle in the menus of kodi or look for the next music tracks and than hit that button so that the video returns to fullscreen or the music visualization is displayed. Sorry if I expressed that in a wrong way.

Gotta say, personally I wouldn't have hidden the fullscreen button that much. Listening to music I use that button quite frequently. Personally gotta say I think the remote section from the old official android remote and the official ios are still the best by far.

Also right now there seems to be no button for the context menu.

If it was my choice I'd drop the codec button from the remote section and put the context menu there. I guess I won't ever use that codec button.
(2015-01-24, 21:25)syncd Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 14:42)mkortstiege Wrote: Awesome remote. Mind adding a sort option to the lists?

I couldn't settle on a couple of options for sorting that i though would be universally helpful (mainly because i personally don't need them), so i decide to let it go as is, and wait for feedback.
What option do you think would be useful?

Sort by name, date added and runtime makes sense for me. Especially date added so new stuff could be sorted on top of the lists.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It would be super-great if you could publish your application on fdroid since not everyone is using the Google applications Smile
(2015-01-25, 23:55)DarkHelmet Wrote: Woopsie, by fullscreen I did not mean that kodi gets windowed. I meant playback in fullscreen, like when some media plays and you fiddle in the menus of kodi or look for the next music tracks and than hit that button so that the video returns to fullscreen or the music visualization is displayed. Sorry if I expressed that in a wrong way.

Gotta say, personally I wouldn't have hidden the fullscreen button that much. Listening to music I use that button quite frequently. Personally gotta say I think the remote section from the old official android remote and the official ios are still the best by far.

If it was my choice I'd drop the codec button from the remote section and put the context menu there. I guess I won't ever use that codec button.

The other fullscreen option isn't working in my box, and i think there's not much difference.

(2015-01-26, 10:05)mkortstiege Wrote: Sort by name, date added and runtime makes sense for me. Especially date added so new stuff could be sorted on top of the lists.

Date added does indeed make sense. Going into my to do list.

(2015-01-26, 12:29)ApotheoZ Wrote: It would be super-great if you could publish your application on fdroid since not everyone is using the Google applications Smile

It is, at least according to this: https://github.com/SyncedSynapse/Kore/issues/1
(2015-01-26, 15:02)syncd Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 23:55)DarkHelmet Wrote: Woopsie, by fullscreen I did not mean that kodi gets windowed. I meant playback in fullscreen, like when some media plays and you fiddle in the menus of kodi or look for the next music tracks and than hit that button so that the video returns to fullscreen or the music visualization is displayed. Sorry if I expressed that in a wrong way.

The other fullscreen option isn't working in my box, and i think there's not much difference.

I just realized there's even a specific word for what I mean and unknowingly I used the term "toggle fullscreen", which is also a command. In the list of actions from the keymap wiki I meant the action "Fullscreen" and not "toggle fullscreen".

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Actions
Hi syncd,

Now running the latest version, thanks. I'm still having trouble with sync under a variety of conditions but have narrowed it down a little. Hopefully that helps some.

On any screen / section which is unpopulated and shows a default 'refresh' message (the TV library before it's sync'd, a show which has no seasons sync'd yet, a season with no episodes sync'd) then it's hit and miss whether a swipe down to sync will register. I would say 'impossible' to swipe down and sync but I have managed it a couple of times. Once the default message no longer displays (so a show has seasons listed for example, even if it has failed to sync episodes) then swipe down to sync within that show works as expected.

In the latest release, if I try to manually sync the whole TV library to get it to recognise a new show / episodes, the spinner appears and never goes away nor actually syncs.

I've also noticed that if I watch an episode and then sync the corresponding show in Kore, although the watched status appears to be updated correctly that update isn't displayed on the show screen until you back out of the show and then re enter it. i.e. it doesn't show the tick mark until the next time you go into the show in Kore.

Last entirely unrelated bits, more like feature requests. When playing Music, the aspect ratio for the album cover on the now playing / remote control screen is not square but is instead a poster. Would be great if it was square.

When in the remote control screen, have you considered hijacking the Android device volume keys to control Kodi volume? This is done in a number of other Apps (Squeezer for the squeezebox players for example) and works really well.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
(2015-01-28, 15:36)ReducedToZero Wrote: Hi syncd,

Now running the latest version, thanks. I'm still having trouble with sync under a variety of conditions but have narrowed it down a little. Hopefully that helps some.

On any screen / section which is unpopulated and shows a default 'refresh' message (the TV library before it's sync'd, a show which has no seasons sync'd yet, a season with no episodes sync'd) then it's hit and miss whether a swipe down to sync will register. I would say 'impossible' to swipe down and sync but I have managed it a couple of times. Once the default message no longer displays (so a show has seasons listed for example, even if it has failed to sync episodes) then swipe down to sync within that show works as expected.

When a list is empty and you swipe down, the spinner seems to appear and immediately disappears, but the sync is in progress, and will update the list when it is finished. I understand that the spinner disappearing is very confusing, but afaict it's a bug on the standard "pull to refresh" control and i haven't gotten around to mess with it.

What i suspect is happening is that you pull, it starts syncing, and if you continue pulling it will issue more sync requests. Eventually the first one ends and refreshes the list. Try pulling down once, ignore the disappearing spinner and wait to check if it refreshes the list.

(2015-01-28, 15:36)ReducedToZero Wrote: In the latest release, if I try to manually sync the whole TV library to get it to recognise a new show / episodes, the spinner appears and never goes away nor actually syncs.

Do you have a very large library or is your media center somewhat limited in performance? I have set it up to sync incrementally, but it still can take some of time if the library is large.
Anyway, i'll keep this in mind, and think about ways to make it better.

(2015-01-28, 15:36)ReducedToZero Wrote: I've also noticed that if I watch an episode and then sync the corresponding show in Kore, although the watched status appears to be updated correctly that update isn't displayed on the show screen until you back out of the show and then re enter it. i.e. it doesn't show the tick mark until the next time you go into the show in Kore.

This can happen. Kore is not very "aggressive" in maintaining all the info synced (meaning that when you're browsing your library it is mainly using it's local info, instead of going to your media center), but i guess this can be bettered.

(2015-01-28, 15:36)ReducedToZero Wrote: Last entirely unrelated bits, more like feature requests. When playing Music, the aspect ratio for the album cover on the now playing / remote control screen is not square but is instead a poster. Would be great if it was square.

When in the remote control screen, have you considered hijacking the Android device volume keys to control Kodi volume? This is done in a number of other Apps (Squeezer for the squeezebox players for example) and works really well.

Using the volume keys requires more permissions (control hardware keys i think), which i'm not particularly fond of. Nevertheless, i'm not oposed and i'll consider it. You could open an issue on github, to keep track of it and see if more people would want that.
(2015-01-28, 20:42)syncd Wrote: What i suspect is happening is that you pull, it starts syncing, and if you continue pulling it will issue more sync requests. Eventually the first one ends and refreshes the list.

Entirely possible.

(2015-01-28, 20:42)syncd Wrote: Do you have a very large library or is your media center somewhat limited in performance?

Library is of medium size (so in the 1000s rather than hundreds), the media centre is a Mac Mini running a minimal Ubuntu, so plenty of grunt. Other stuff that calls JSON seems fine (Chorus used regularly, Music Pump used just to compare).

(2015-01-28, 20:42)syncd Wrote: Anyway, i'll keep this in mind, and think about ways to make it better.

Can't ask for more than that, thank you Smile

(2015-01-28, 15:36)ReducedToZero Wrote: Last entirely unrelated bits, more like feature requests. When playing Music, the aspect ratio for the album cover on the now playing / remote control screen is not square but is instead a poster. Would be great if it was square.

(2015-01-28, 20:42)syncd Wrote: Using the volume keys requires more permissions (control hardware keys i think), which i'm not particularly fond of. Nevertheless, i'm not oposed and i'll consider it. You could open an issue on github, to keep track of it and see if more people would want that.

Completely agree with your base stance on unnecessary permissions (and applaud it). Damn useful feature though Wink

Added as an issue on GitHub.

Just wanted to say, nicest app based remote I've used with Kodi. so thanks for sharing it Nod
'Zero

-----
-----
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android11