[RELEASE] Wimp.com Video-plugin
Hi,

joecooper84 requested here a video plugin to browse the great video website http://www.wimp.com with xbmc.
Insayne did one. Unfortunately wimp.com did (a few weeks ago?) some changes on the website to hide the stream url's and the addon got's broken. Because of Insayne seems to have other things to do at the moment I wanted to fix the addon - but instead fixing I decided to do a complete rewrite to get it easier adding new features. At the moment it is feature-identical besides that the new version includes archive-browsing, there is a "random video" function and now you can search videos by title.

Before pushing it as a (maybe temporarily?) replacement to the addon repo I would be very happy if some of you could test it and confirm, that it is working properly.
If you have ideas for new features or other comments, feel free to contact me.

The Addon is now available in the official xbmc.org addon Repository!

Sourcecode is on github.

Thanks to joecooper84 for the request, Insayne for the first versions, wimp.com for the great collection if videos and of course thanks to the authors of these videos Smile

Update:
I have a new version ready.
This version uses the new wimp.com API so it will be much faster and there are THUMBNAILS now :-)

I would be happy if some if you could test it give me some feedback if everything works.
You can download version 2.0.0 here.

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Addon is now present in the official xbmc.org addon Repository for Dharma and Eden.

Changelog:
  • Code-rewrite by sphere
  • Changed: Now using XBMC-InfoLabel for date
  • Added: Random Video
  • Added: Search for Videos by title
  • Added: German Translation

have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Hi

Thanks for the great wimp.com plugin

I hit some issue using this plugin whereby it would not start giving me an addon.py error on startup. After enabling debugging and reading around on the internet it seems like the problem was that I was missing a plugin called BeautifulSoup. I believe the wimp.com plugin needs to declare BeautifulSoup as a dependency such that it will be installed along the wimp.com plugin.

As a workaround I installed the HGTV plugin which installed BeautifulSoup and then the wimp.com plugin worked beautifuly!

Here is the debug log indicating that BeautifulSoup was not found.

Thanks

01:52:59 T:123555840 DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.wimp/addon.py
01:52:59 T:123555840 DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.wimp:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.pil/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.simple.downloader/lib:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.module.parsedom/lib:/private/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python26.zip:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-darwin:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-tk:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-old:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload:/var/stash/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/site-packages:
01:52:59 T:123555840 DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.wimp
01:52:59 T:123555840 DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.wimp" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
01:53:00 T:123555840 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
01:53:00 T:123555840 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
01:53:00 T:123555840 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named BeautifulSoup
01:53:00 T:123555840 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.wimp/addon.py", line 2, in <module>
import resources.lib.scraper as scraper
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.wimp/resources/lib/scraper.py", line 5, in <module>
from BeautifulSoup import BeautifulSoup
ImportError: No module named BeautifulSoup
01:53:00 T:123555840 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
doros Wrote:I believe the wimp.com plugin needs to declare BeautifulSoup as a dependency such that it will be installed along the wimp.com plugin.

Hi,

yes you are totally right - i switched the depedencies. simplejson is not needed but beautifulsoup - my bad.

Thanks for your head up! I'll fix it and push it to the repo.

And btw. even that I rewrote the plugin - the main plugin was done by Insayne. I didn't knew this site before the plugin (which gets broken and therefore I rewrote it).

regards,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thumbs Up 
Thanks for the rewrite, much appreciated !
I've done some fixes in the old version but this one is much better !

Cheers,
Raptylos
I have a new version ready.
This version uses the new wimp.com API so it will be much faster and there are THUMBNAILS now :-)

I would be happy if some if you could test it give me some feedback if everything works.
You can download version 2.0.0 here.

have fun,
sphere
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks for this great improvement, very appreciated !
Version 2.0.0 is in the Repo now.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
In response to your reply in python scripts
Thanks for quick reply. Here is the ID link:

ID 29363

Addendum: Oddly (I think) the error messages disappear if I change skin
Posted the debug file as requested but no response. Am I being too impatient? Smile
Sorry, I thought it would be obvious now: It is a skin issue: The Skin tries to fetch "/extrafanart" directory inside the plugin provided virtual file system - which can't exist. Which Skin do you use? The Skin author should be pinged.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Would you believe Confluence?
Is this addon still maintained? I'm using it quite regularly and since a while back, the quality of the videos is really bad. It would seem that the URL is not picking the highest possible quality of the streams. Not sure if anyone can fix this? I'll supply whatever logs or such that you wish. I'm using Kodi 14.0, the issue is the same on both my windows box and ubuntu, so I'm guessing Wimp changed something? Would love a fix! Cheers.
(2015-02-01, 21:39)leper Wrote: Is this addon still maintained? I'm using it quite regularly and since a while back, the quality of the videos is really bad. It would seem that the URL is not picking the highest possible quality of the streams. Not sure if anyone can fix this? I'll supply whatever logs or such that you wish. I'm using Kodi 14.0, the issue is the same on both my windows box and ubuntu, so I'm guessing Wimp changed something? Would love a fix! Cheers.

This, I experince the same problem.
I'm going to bump this and hope sphere has the time and inclination to see if he's able to fix this? Would love it if so. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Wimp.com Video-plugin1