Bug Bug Reports
Bug 
NOTICE - This thread is strictly for posting about bugs and/or missing elements that impact skin usage. IT IS *NOT* A FEATURE REQUEST OR SUPPORT THREAD. Post feature requests in the main thread. Off topic posts will be deleted.

An example of a missing element is being unable to select music addons for hub items. Another example is a missing dialog.
(edit by jurialmunkey)

Hey Jurial, I noticed some small glitches and missing things. I decided to create a new thread because the main thread became a huge monster and I'd like to use this one to collect everything I (and others) find.
  • peripherals dialog seems to be missing
  • seek progress is nowhere indicated. neither $INFO[Player.SeekTime(hh:mmConfuseds)] nor the <control type="progress" id="401"> seem to be used
  • [fixed] after switching from another skin to Eminence (and on some other situations I don't remember) I often found my self stranded in the home screen widget with no way to back out of it in order to see the home menu. So I had to press the "s" key in order to bring up the shutdown menu and reboot. Pressing the "home" button or "back" didn't work.
  • [fixed] home menu editor only allows to select from video addons - would be great if it would allow to pic any addon type (video, music, pic, program)
  • It's not possible to readd the "file browser" panel if you accidently deleted it. You would have to set it up manually which is a little PITA
  • would be nice to have a panel preset to access the main "favourites" window and not only a single favourite
  • even with GIT from 12.02.2015 I'm occasionally trapped in Music Visualisation window. Pressing back will only trigger the OSD and hide it again and when I stop playback I end up in the homescreen widget with hidden menu
  • it appears that a dialog is missing. When I try to browse for a share and it requires credentials to be accessed, the dialog to enter the credentials doesn't show up in Eminence

As for the progressbar on seeks - I tried the skin with the (soon to be merged and hopefully be default) PR6347 and without any visual feedback the new seek logic has very bad usability
Good idea. I'll pin this.

I know peripherals and karaoke windows are missing. I don't have anything to test these with, which makes it difficult to skin. I'm looking into it. Hopefully will be able to knock something together in the next week.

Is the seek stuff going into Helix or I***? I'm not sure where exactly I'll put Player.SeekTime, might have to have a condition to show only when seeking in place of the normal player duration time. What does 401 do? Does it show where you are seeking to?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
As for the seeking. The new feature will be in I***, but the seek progress preview/info is in Kodi since ages, so also applies to Helix. From what I heard from xhaggi (who is the author of mentioned PR) ID 401 is a progress bar that will indicate the seek progress (which unfortunately is a bit broken in Helix it seems). Xhaggi patched XPerience1080 to support the seek preview - maybe have a look at his patch here https://github.com/xhaggi/Xperience1080/...fe73cb9dc5

As for the periperals - is there any way I can help with that? Do you have a RaspberryPI (CEC would show up as peripheral there)?

Quote: I'm not sure where exactly I'll put Player.SeekTime, might have to have a condition to show only when seeking in place of the normal player duration time.
maybe put it in the top left corner? It IMO should not be too hidden because at least for PR6347 you should be able to clearly see the current step size (once we manage to show it immediately which is the plan).

edit: just added another glitch to the list above
I've noticed the home menu thing lately. I'm really not sure why it is happening and it seems to be something new that was not happening before.
Think I found a bug with customizing hubs

If I want to add a custom addon to a hub, I can only choose from the video addons category.
So also if I want to add a custom addon to my music hub, I still can only select video addons and not for example my tune-in radio addon, which is placed in the audio addon category.

Regards
Thanks krenton, noticed the same and added it to the list in first post
edit (jurialmunkey) - Please request features in main thread
(2015-02-07, 16:51)da-anda Wrote: [*]after switching from another skin to Eminence (and on some other situations I don't remember) I often found my self stranded in the home screen widget with no way to back out of it in order to see the home menu. So I had to press the "s" key in order to bring up the shutdown menu and reboot. Pressing the "home" button or "back" didn't work.
I'm seeing this as well with increasing regularity, Its driving me a wee bit mad and I've subconciously started using other skins. Reboot always here too. Rolleyes

amazing skin and works fast on my Helix on rasberry.

THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS WITH SUBTITLES. WHEN I PRESS THE 'SUBTITLE' BUTTON THE SKIN DOES NOT RESPONSE. I check this with other skin and works fine so it is nothing with my Helix settings.

Somebody to help........
axydas - in order to download subtitles click on the little arrow left to the subtitle OSD entry
edit (jurialmunkey) - Please request features in the main thread.
Got another odd one;

Translated labels on the home screen. They should be Dutch in my case but are still English. In the past I fixed this and I believe I shared the fix but can't find it back and don't have the time to look back into it atm.

In live tv, from the epg the "now/later/channel" layout; the lower right part doesn't go all the way down and sometimes it scrolls the text.

The upper left part where it says "Home" on the tile; this is "startpagina" in Dutch and simply doesn't fit. I know you can override this in the skin .xml and simply "home" or "start" (just for Dutch) would be good enough. There are a few more odd labels for Dutch which I reported and won't get fixed, I can provide you those if interested.

On the home screen the 2nd line, not missing or a bug but you asked for idea's; option to display the next upcoming recording for PVR? or new available video from a subscribed channel for the youtube plugin?

Option for dedicated Radio tile on the home screen? Got it rather there than under live tv somewhere.

Maybe not a bug but had it working before and now can't get it to work the way I had before with live tv: go to fullscreen right away instead of the intermediate screen. Maybe this changed from Gotham to Helix but I miss it since I upgraded this last weekend.
(2015-02-09, 13:39)krenton Wrote: If I want to add a custom addon to a hub, I can only choose from the video addons category.
So also if I want to add a custom addon to my music hub, I still can only select video addons and not for example my tune-in radio addon, which is placed in the audio addon category.
Thanks for the report. Fixed on github. Should be on the repo in the next day or two.

(2015-02-09, 19:26)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 16:51)da-anda Wrote: [*]after switching from another skin to Eminence (and on some other situations I don't remember) I often found my self stranded in the home screen widget with no way to back out of it in order to see the home menu. So I had to press the "s" key in order to bring up the shutdown menu and reboot. Pressing the "home" button or "back" didn't work.
I'm seeing this as well with increasing regularity, Its driving me a wee bit mad and I've subconciously started using other skins. Reboot always here too. Rolleyes
Finally managed to fix this! This was driving me insane - couldn't figure it out - had to sifting through previous commits to find what it was that caused this. Was something I did for the startup video that wasn't even necessary anyway. Fix on git.

(2015-02-12, 01:55)Woppie Wrote: (1) Translated labels on the home screen. They should be Dutch in my case but are still English. In the past I fixed this and I believe I shared the fix but can't find it back and don't have the time to look back into it atm.

(2) In live tv, from the epg the "now/later/channel" layout; the lower right part doesn't go all the way down and sometimes it scrolls the text.

(3) The upper left part where it says "Home" on the tile; this is "startpagina" in Dutch and simply doesn't fit. I know you can override this in the skin .xml and simply "home" or "start" (just for Dutch) would be good enough. There are a few more odd labels for Dutch which I reported and won't get fixed, I can provide you those if interested.

(4) On the home screen the 2nd line, not missing or a bug but you asked for idea's; option to display the next upcoming recording for PVR? or new available video from a subscribed channel for the youtube plugin?

(5) Option for dedicated Radio tile on the home screen? Got it rather there than under live tv somewhere.

(6) Maybe not a bug but had it working before and now can't get it to work the way I had before with live tv: go to fullscreen right away instead of the intermediate screen. Maybe this changed from Gotham to Helix but I miss it since I upgraded this last weekend.
1. Whatever language is selected when the skin initialises will be what the home screen is set as. Not much I can do about this I'm afraid. To change the language you either need to edit each title individually or you can reinitialise the skin (losing any changes you have made). Skin Settings > Advanced > Reinit.

2. The space is reserved for some additional info that I haven't added.

3. Not much I can do here either I'm afraid. Using a built-in string from kodi.

4. Should already do this.

5. You will have to add it manually.

6. Settings > PVR > Playback > Start playback minimised (disable it)
(3) I'll see what I can do about, I've done it before and I'd rather have it there than the kodi team not fixing it and losing it with every update.

(1) Can be fixed as I've done it before, will look into it once I got time.

(6) Refuses since Helix, referred to Gotham and it works; so maybe a kodi bug.
(6) Never had an issue with this once like Jurial said... Settings > PVR > Playback > Start playback minimised (disable it)

This is the same across 4 different Kodi / Eminence skins on various devices.

Welcome to the I'm unique club Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports0