Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 272(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2015-02-09, 04:14)hoobie7 Wrote: The GitHub version shows as 3.0.16 on my Kodi install.
Because of this I had to change auto update to notify in the left pane of Add-ons.

That's weird, the addon.xml on github has 3.0.12 (updated 4/4/2014; "version bump").
Also weird, starting from 3.0.7, the changelog speaks of 3.0.7/4.0.7... ConfusedHuh

Thanks for the clarification how to install it into Kodi.. Didn't know it would be that easy ;-)
(2015-02-09, 06:08)martinsvision Wrote: Still no go all i get is a flash then back to xbmc

Can you post an error log?
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-02-09, 21:11)CinemaVision Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 06:08)martinsvision Wrote: Still no go all i get is a flash then back to xbmc

Heres my log file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=421079

right now im running xbmc i thought if i went to an old vesion instead of helix it might work but its the same thing it flashes for one sec then back to menu even tryed one feature at a time to mke sure it wasnt something simple and i cant narrow it down.. Thanks for your help
I must confess I have not read all 272 pages.

I have tried Cinema Experience on my Pi2 running Helix 14.1 and cannot get a DD or DTS trailer to play before a movie (which is all I require).

Is anybody using Cinema Experience with a Pi2

Re Jaz
I got CE working thanks to whoever posted the link to the github a couple pages back. But I can't for the life of me get the ratings videos or audio type videos working. Any pointers?
(2015-02-09, 21:54)martinsvision Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 21:11)CinemaVision Wrote:

Heres my log file : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=421079

right now im running xbmc i thought if i went to an old vesion instead of helix it might work but its the same thing it flashes for one sec then back to menu even tryed one feature at a time to mke sure it wasnt something simple and i cant narrow it down.. Thanks for your help

So are you still running XBMC 13 with the GitHub version of CE?
If so your CE probably shows as 4.0.12?
It may be a pain but I would suggest going back to Kodi 14.1 and install the version of CE(3.0.12) from GitHub.

Also it looks like you log file shows it erroring out at line 774.
The movie ID shows -1, that's odd, not real sure what that means.
I would say get everything updated to current and try again.
Great script. I love it.

Could I please request an extra video option/category:

Please put on your 3D glasses

Example intro / outro

Thanks.
hey guys,
any of the old CE cracks here can help me please ?
i try to setup my CE folders, but i cant realy figured out, what special AUDIO folders i need now ( up to date folders ! )
i mean, dolby,dolby-hd etc are clear... but what about thx,atmos,dolby plus etc...
maybe one with some good working setup can post here his folder structure of his audio folders ?

would be realy cool Smile and thx in advance
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Hi i use This folder structure and works fine for me
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2015-02-14, 15:27)wints Wrote: Hi i use This folder structure and works fine for me

thx buddy... thats what i am using too, but all this infos are quite some "days" old Wink
dont we need some new folders with actual audio formats ? or would that mean, that these new audio formats must be updated in the main addon too ?
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Atmos and any other audio formats aren't currently supported in CE. Only Dolby Digital, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTSHD-MA.

Right now, to recognize Atmos you'd have to use the file naming convention like I've established for audio format flags as their is nothing in the file or header to indicate the audio track is actually atmos. It would have to work the way the 3D section of the script currently does, based on your file and path name.

Seems it's about time someone takes over or forks CE to keep it going. Giftie has been away awhile and doesn't appear to be making it back. Certainly hope everything is good for him inj RL even if it prevents him from partaking here any longer.
Thx 4 info

I have some new info regarding the freezing issue that that some people including myself experience see log http://pastebin.com/h6ZeLxN4
It seems that the cinema experience script won't lock up if start Kodi and play a video file first.

Start Kodi play movie using Cinema Experience = FAIL

Start Kodi play a video then proceed to play a movie using Cinema Experience and you are good to go.

I don't know why this happens, but it seems to work by playing a video first, please note you don't have to play an entire video just play and stop is sufficient enough.
Phew....well that's page 220 to here caught up at last...3 large post its with tips I didn't know but no answer to my query..so here goes..

CE works fine for my 2D movies. Having just got DVDFab I've now added in a 3D version of Gravity to test and sadly cant get everything to work.

Currently when I select a 3D movie, I have feature presentation, ratings and audio set up just to test - 2D folders and 3D folders.

The script starts and it does recognise that I playing a 3D movie and it shows all of these in SBS mode, however all it shows are videos from my 2D folders and then the film in 3D sbs......?? It misses all my 3D intros, rating and audio videos....

I've set everything up but perhaps I have the wrong folders or naming conventions so can I confirm...

Film is Gravity.bluray.3d.sbs.mkv - Kodi recognises and plays in SBS correctly in normal and CE modes Smile

Ratings - I have in 3D from Cinemavision site- I've changed to AVI extension from MP4 and placed in their own folder called Ratings 3D, then sub folder for UK just as I have for 2D films. Then in that folder I have eg PG.AVI. Is this right? I've tried PG.3d.sbs.AVI too but that didn't get picked up either. I have the 3D section of the script pointing to this folder.

Confused whether the script needs to recognise that the extras such as Ratings are in 3D from including 3D.sbs like I do for my movies or whether it just sets up in sbs viewing mode (my set method) knowing I have a 3D movie in play as seems to be the case?

Also how does the script know to choose the 3D files in stead of the 2D ones?

I wondered whether I need to have all 2D disabled for the 3D only parts to work? But then slides are not in 3D and I wouldn't want to lose them just cause I am watching a 3D movie.....

Audio and Intro videos have the same issue as above and so same question

Cheers Andy
(2015-02-16, 13:33)Maza Wrote: I have some new info regarding the freezing issue that that some people including myself experience see log http://pastebin.com/h6ZeLxN4
It seems that the cinema experience script won't lock up if start Kodi and play a video file first.

Start Kodi play movie using Cinema Experience = FAIL

Start Kodi play a video then proceed to play a movie using Cinema Experience and you are good to go.

I don't know why this happens, but it seems to work by playing a video first, please note you don't have to play an entire video just play and stop is sufficient enough.

Wow this works, I love CE but lately it is very hit and miss if it will work when I start Kodi up and usually it just freezes Kodi up. I just tried this a few times using this method and it worked everytime without fail. Not sure why it works but it does.
  • 272(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24