• 13(current)
Release Janitor
Hi Anthrian: sorry if that message came off as disrespectful -- I'm more irritated with the number of bugs caused by the Kodi upgrade, rather than issues with the plugins. I'm a little surprised that Helix/Kodi broke so many things -- combined with the recent craziness with trakt, my media system went from fully functional to barely usable. I do have a backup of the video library (restoring it right now) -- File Cleaner was working great under Gotham, but under Helix/Kodi the exceptions began to be ignored (all of my watched videos, even in the excluded directories, were deleted). As many in this thread have mentioned, your plugin is a key part of our media libraries, and we really appreciate the work you put into it.

I'm happy to provide a log, if you can tell me how. Are you talking about the log that gives you some understanding about the (missing) dependencies, or about why it deleted the excluded files?
Allright, thanks for clarifying. I'm glad you like the addon. As for the logs I'd like to see both of them. As far as I know there are not really any dependencies apart from the ones already provided by Kodi (addon engine, skin engine, etc.). If you could enable debug messages in the XFC settings and then post the contents of kodi.log from your userdata folder to pastebin or a similar service I could look into it.
(2015-01-31, 00:15)Anthirian Wrote: First things first: if you're not sure everything works as intended, back up your data and/or do a test run without permanent deletion (see the disclaimer in the first post)! Second, I never said this is safe or Kodi-ready for that matter, but I received reports it was working fine until now. As you may have seen I have pushed a few commits tonight, but it's not nearly finished so don't use the master branch but download one of the official releases instead! Furthermore I have no idea what to do about the issue unless I see some kind of log of what happened. I'll be working on the new version in the coming days, but it might be a while until it's all ready.

First thank you for your hard work. I look forward to when it is in the kodi (offical) add on list.

If you need some bug testing let me know
(2015-01-25, 23:50)zosky Wrote: @Anthirian, life takes priority, best of luck with your exams !!
---------------
im setting up a fresh install of rasBMC (kodi-helix on raspberryPi) ... forced it like suggested above

1 > grab the zip from git
2 > unzip to ~/.kodi/addons
3 > restart, configure & run it once
" Th-th-th-that's all, folks! "

I have OpenELEC and copied the contents of the zip to the folder <addon_data>. I van't start the script via the file manger, what am I doing wrong?
I have had some help with debugging and I think I've tackled the issues. Could anyone still having problems try removing the current version they have installed and try the newest version from the git repository?
So far, so good -- no deletions from the exclusions library, did delete a bunch of watched things that weren't in the exclusions. Quick request: would you mind modding the version number on the github release so I can confirm I'm actually running the new version? For a bit I saw multiple versions installed in Kodi (probably the pre-Kodi version still lingering), so I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling from the GIT zip, but I'm not 100% confident that I am, in fact, running the latest git version (it still says 4.0.1 in the plugin screen). Cheers!
Glad to hear it. I'm wondering if you actually have version 4.0.1 or that you just misread 4.1.0. The latest commit on Github has version 4.1.0 in the addon.xml file, which is what Kodi uses for versioning. Also, the new version I'm talking about is now named Kodi File Cleaner, so if you still have XBMC File Cleaner you're not up to date yet.
(2015-02-17, 23:42)Anthirian Wrote: I have had some help with debugging and I think I've tackled the issues. Could anyone still having problems try removing the current version they have installed and try the newest version from the git repository?

Working perfectly for me!!
Hi,

Is it possible to have a "Clean Now" option? For people who don't want to have it scheduled/timed to run but will when they are ready, go in every now and again and run the manual "Clean Now" option.
This app isn't showing in the Kodi repo for me,

I have tried installing from zip from the github repo, it says its activated it, but doesn't show up anywhere in the active add-ons menu...

Help!

Any ideas gratefully received!
(2015-02-26, 12:14)morgish Wrote: Hi,

Is it possible to have a "Clean Now" option? For people who don't want to have it scheduled/timed to run but will when they are ready, go in every now and again and run the manual "Clean Now" option.

If you don't have run as a service enabled that is exactly what it does when you go to programs and click xbmc/kodei file cleaner. It will 'Clean now' then.

That is how I always run it.
(2015-02-26, 13:52)laric Wrote:
(2015-02-26, 12:14)morgish Wrote: Hi,

If you don't have run as a service enabled that is exactly what it does when you go to programs and click xbmc/kodei file cleaner. It will 'Clean now' then.

That is how I always run it.

Thanks Laric,

Couldn't find a "Don't run as service" option or is that the "Enable File Cleaner" option?

Cheers
Greetings.

I want to use this addon in conjuction with my windows based nfs server (i use haneWIN Software for that).

Can i use this addon to permenately delete my nfs share video folder?? I cannot see anywhere this option..How would i do that?

(this is the line that i use in my win7 server:

# exports example

C:\Share\Videos -readonly -name:Videos
C:\Share\Music -readonly -name:Music
C:\Share\Images -readonly -name:Images)
You should be able to, yes. I have tried haneWIN as well actually and I was able to use the holding folder successfully. You may have to remove the read-only flag, as I think that might cause some issues.
Anthirian thanks. I thought that i had to remove -readonly. But i have a question: How will the addon know the "path" of my nfs video files?

There is not such an option in the addon configuration..
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4