• 52(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2015-02-21, 07:26)flitter2009 Wrote: Hi,

In another thread (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201778) i've been advised (by fritsch) that the Myth plugin is causing the 'main loop' to stop for around a second when it receives an event from the backend. The message I was troubleshooting is "DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Dropping packet of 20 ms" that occurs when the backend generates a RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE event.

Is this by design, and is it different on 0.28? I'm getting slight audio/video stutter on playback of non-myth HD video files in Kodi.
To clarify, the plugin uses different threads to handle events, demuxing, and others operations ... Also in the playback thread initiated by kodi player there is no "main loop" in plugin which acts only as an interface between two "main loop": backend , kodi.
In plugin all internal operations are processed by dedicated threads: events , download images, demux.
The event RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE is handle by dedicated thread which transfers recording data calling the PVR kodi interface. So in the plugin there is no interaction between events and playback.
There's nothing in the plugin then that might cause a packet drop during playback then? I'll continue troubleshooting other ideas.
(2015-02-21, 11:02)flitter2009 Wrote: There's nothing in the plugin then that might cause a packet drop during playback then? I'll continue troubleshooting other ideas.

Also, it is normal you see a RECORDING_LIST_CHANGE event when starting liveTV playback, because backend has created the new live recording for the show. A packet drop could be done by backend too depending of stream error status. For player side, i don't know the strategy or algorithm handling the drops, but it could have many reasons and the first could be to keep synchro between video renderering and audio.
Thanks! This is playback of non-myth content i'm working the other reasons (i'm expecting it's a change in Helix on the way it handles 24hz content but I need more information before I can confirm). So long as it can't be the plugin i'm happy! (because the plugin is great!)
Is commercial skipping working for anybody with the PPA version? I know my shows have been flagged and commercials found, but the plugin is not skipping them like it did with Gotham. I've tried changing the setting from 'Always' to 'Dialog' but it made no difference. I see nothing in the debug log that makes any sense to me.
(2015-02-08, 22:46)ElmerFu Wrote: I have a quick question on the MythTV addon. I am currently running Kodi 14.1 with the newest Myth PVD addon on a Minix X8 player and after I watch a recorded TV episode and go to play another it will load and I get sound but no picture. The only way I can get it to work again is to lead Kodi and reload. I didn't have this issue before on XBMC 13.3. Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

I don't think you ever got a reply to this. I had the same issue with my Minix X8, Kodi 14.1 and MythTV .27. Moving to SPMC (14.1 base) fixed the issue for me. It also seemed to help with the issue of commercial skipping not working when set to Always.
@janbar

I see there is a new repo for pvr.mythtv which uses cmake.

Do you have a set of build instructions you can share for building standalone on Linux, Windows, Openelec etc ?

Mike
I'm running mythtv 0.27.4 and OpenELEC 5.0.5, which I believe has Kodi 14.2. I'm able to view Live TV just fine, so I know myth is communicating with Kodi, but none of my recordings are showing up when I select that. It just has the ".." at the top for the parent menu, upon selecting does nothing. Any ideas?
I've found that if I keep Kodi running while recordings are accrued by MythTV backend, then they'll show up under TV -> Recordings, but if I restart Kodi, they're lost (even though they continue to exist on the backend). Is there a command to refresh the recordings on startup?
Live TV is a separate recording group on mythtv so you need to look under the Live TV folder I think.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
After looking at the debug log, I found that it was choking on some input, so I opened a bug.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15829
I just had a lock-up/crash caused by changing channel.
I selected a new channel and the picture froze and the system stopped responding. After a few minutes I had to pull the power and restart.
After the restart I couldn't watch any channels as mythtv was still recording the live tv channel I tried to switch to so all tuners were busy.
Is this a known problem?
Any idea how to stop the live tv recording as it is still recording now?

Log file: http://pastebin.com/sW9GUc33
The crash happens at 20:12...

Running openelec 5.0.5 with pvr 1.11.3 mythtv 0.27

Thanks
First you are probably better updating to the latest version here https://www.canneasucre.org/owncloud/pub...enELEC-5.0
You will get a self signed certificate warning. You can safely ignore that. Latest is 1.12.7 at the time of writing.

I am not sure how to get rid of the ongoing live recording. Perhaps restart the myth-backend process. On ubuntu

Code:
sudo service mythtv-backend restart
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-02, 02:58)pashdown Wrote: I've found that if I keep Kodi running while recordings are accrued by MythTV backend, then they'll show up under TV -> Recordings, but if I restart Kodi, they're lost (even though they continue to exist on the backend). Is there a command to refresh the recordings on startup?

Your backend provides a badly encoced string in title or description etc... And addon cannot parse content when pulling recorded ist.

EDIT: to test it, just use your favorite browser querying your backend as [http://127.0.0.1:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedLis...ding=false]
and check your browser is able to show content. Let me know
(2015-03-04, 11:54)janbar Wrote:
(2015-03-02, 02:58)pashdown Wrote: I've found that if I keep Kodi running while recordings are accrued by MythTV backend, then they'll show up under TV -> Recordings, but if I restart Kodi, they're lost (even though they continue to exist on the backend). Is there a command to refresh the recordings on startup?

Your backend provides a badly encoced string in title or description etc... And addon cannot parse content when pulling recorded ist.

EDIT: to test it, just use your favorite browser querying your backend as [http://127.0.0.1:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedLis...ding=false]
and check your browser is able to show content. Let me know

In last addon release i have changed the json parser to allow pull corrupted strings, but json message structure has to be right.
If your browser cannot show content then you have to delete recordings or clean recorded rows from myth database.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1