[Obsolete] PseudoTV Lite
This looks awesome. I had been half considering going into the regular version and trying to strip out some of the stuff because the performance on my Ouya boxes was satrting to become an issue but I will trust you to do it a hell of a lot more than myself.
Hey question, I only use my library and ustvnow to watch tv. So would ptv lite be better to use then pstv live since I dont use alot of different plugins and sources?
(2015-02-28, 11:06)Lunatixz Wrote: If you're running on a high end HTPC, I really suggest PseudoTV Live not lite.

Perhaps we can figure out why your setup performs poorly?

Whatever you need.
(2015-02-28, 19:30)Bbold Wrote: Hey question, I only use my library and ustvnow to watch tv. So would ptv lite be better to use then pstv live since I dont use alot of different plugins and sources?
Not if you want to have tv listings, Lite = Less features.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
How do we download it? It sounds absolutely great for me and my Rpi! Smile

--Edit--

Just kidding, I found. It works great! Now, I am curious about Overlay artwork...currently, there's just a grey box there where artwork once was on PTVL. Should there be something there, or is it going to be blank? If it is going to be blank, could the skin be modified to remove the emptiness? It looks a bit...odd.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Also, Luna, I'm trying to use USTVNow channels and am getting an error (Last few lines of the log)

http://xbmclogs.com/pa4ytvhfb

You say the following in your initial post:

Special branch of PseudoTV Live that supports only Local Media, LiveTV from Kodi's PVR backend, and InternetTV

Is USTVNow InternetTV?

In addition, you'll also see in my log that there is an error when trying to open up the Channel Editor.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
(2015-03-01, 07:05)ryanmcclure Wrote: Also, Luna, I'm trying to use USTVNow channels and am getting an error (Last few lines of the log)

http://xbmclogs.com/pa4ytvhfb

You say the following in your initial post:

Special branch of PseudoTV Live that supports only Local Media, LiveTV from Kodi's PVR backend, and InternetTV

Is USTVNow InternetTV?

In addition, you'll also see in my log that there is an error when trying to open up the Channel Editor.

I think you need to brush up on some PTVL basics....

LiveTV = any feed that needs listing data from a XMLTV file or PVR backend
InternetTV = any single 24/7 stream

So again, the only LiveTV this plugin will be using is from the PVR backend!

This is the last question I will address on the matter...
Hi Lunatixz,

I'm a long time user of PseudoTV and really enjoy browsing my local media using it.

I have a feature request and a question if you don't mind....

Request: is there a possibility of adding an option to stop PseudoTV from adding it's listings to kodi's 'in progress' widgets? When I'm watching a tv show/movie using PseudoTV, I like to continue via PseudoTV and not see them added to kodi's own 'in progress' widget?

Question: will PseudoTV be eventually added to kodi's official repo?

Superb add-on by the way, keep up the good work Smile
Great work Lunatix, works perfect on the 1st gen Rasberry, just what ive been waiting for Smile
There is a minor bug but im sure you are aware of it, when loading next channel it says that its loading the current playing channel.

Thanks again for your great work.

Roy
(2015-03-02, 18:06)jcaa6479 Wrote: Great work Lunatix, works perfect on the 1st gen Rasberry, just what ive been waiting for Smile
There is a minor bug but im sure you are aware of it, when loading next channel it says that its loading the current playing channel.

Thanks again for your great work.

Roy

I'll correct the problem, I believe the final build of PTVLite will be pushed this weekend.
I think this is an excellent idea and a great way to get the best of both worlds.

I think to clarify for those who do not have the technical know how Luna does, I believe you can think of this as running any of the streaming tv MINUS a program guide. Seems like the streaming is not a problem with lower end, but the EPG is? I think this is what is causing the confusion as I would have assumed the "streaming" would be more processor intensive than the EPG data. So this is really cool as the EPG data is missing from the bulk of the streaming tv channels in PTVL anyway (because of the sources). So it seems like this would be a great option for people.

BTW: I run PTVL (full) on one of those new CuBoxs (similar to a Pi version 2) and it runs perfectly (maybe slightly sluggish from time to time but no big deal). And I have all the options enabled on it. Smile
(2015-03-04, 18:33)tommymsw Wrote: I think this is an excellent idea and a great way to get the best of both worlds.

I think to clarify for those who do not have the technical know how Luna does, I believe you can think of this as running any of the streaming tv MINUS a program guide. Seems like the streaming is not a problem with lower end, but the EPG is? I think this is what is causing the confusion as I would have assumed the "streaming" would be more processor intensive than the EPG data. So this is really cool as the EPG data is missing from the bulk of the streaming tv channels in PTVL anyway (because of the sources). So it seems like this would be a great option for people.

BTW: I run PTVL (full) on one of those new CuBoxs (similar to a Pi version 2) and it runs perfectly (maybe slightly sluggish from time to time but no big deal). And I have all the options enabled on it. Smile

For additional clarity low-end devices tend to have weak CPUs and relatively stronger GPUs (ex: Raspberry Pi is more than capable of pushing full 1080p video, but has a weak CPU). This is why GPU dependent tasks like playing video work well, while CPU intensive tasks chug along (ex: Pis have excellent streaming capability but are often limited in which skins can be run because menus are more CPU intensive..
Hmmm.... I kind of want to tinker with this even though I don't need it. But I have my PTVL set the way I like it... and that took a while. lol I am sure my curiosity will get the best of me though... it usually does!
First I'd like to thank you for making this great piece of software. The wife and I use it now more than traditional TV. I run PseudoTV Live on my Ouya and Fire TV. I find it interesting that the slow downs are not consistent nor 100% of the time. The slow downs for me happen in the guide (max 50 episodes, refresh each launch, background updates on, around 70 channels, no plugin/streaming channels). The strange part is sometimes when I launch the guide will be very snappy paging through the available channels. Then the next time I launch it will be so slow that it looks like the box is locked up. Sometimes changing the PTVL skin fixes it, sometimes rescanning the channels, clearing cache etc. I never can find what the underlying issue is nor the perfect way to fix it, but it does not happen every time. Most times it is a very enjoyable experience. I am excited to see the Lite version, but I'm not positive the slow downs are caused by an underpowered machine vs a race condition bug that keep reoccurring.

Sorry if this is out of place, but I wanted to share my experience with it.
(2015-03-05, 16:37)mrdally204 Wrote: First I'd like to thank you for making this great piece of software. The wife and I use it now more than traditional TV. I run PseudoTV Live on my Ouya and Fire TV. I find it interesting that the slow downs are not consistent nor 100% of the time. The slow downs for me happen in the guide (max 50 episodes, refresh each launch, background updates on, around 70 channels, no plugin/streaming channels). The strange part is sometimes when I launch the guide will be very snappy paging through the available channels. Then the next time I launch it will be so slow that it looks like the box is locked up. Sometimes changing the PTVL skin fixes it, sometimes rescanning the channels, clearing cache etc. I never can find what the underlying issue is nor the perfect way to fix it, but it does not happen every time. Most times it is a very enjoyable experience. I am excited to see the Lite version, but I'm not positive the slow downs are caused by an underpowered machine vs a race condition bug that keep reoccurring.

Sorry if this is out of place, but I wanted to share my experience with it.

I think part of it may be related to the artwork cache. I used to have intermittent EPG slow down and lag as well. I switched from using EPG logos to EPG text and the lag disappeared almost entirely. While I miss the logos the performance benefits are worth it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Obsolete] PseudoTV Lite4