• 252(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-03-05, 16:49)elas123 Wrote: i have a problem. my box was setup for dualboot and things are starting to mess up with openelec, was trying to restore and start over with a standalone install,but i have no recovery screen like i used to. i tried the esc button the recovery button, ctrl-d. nothing works for me. the first screen i see is the seabios says booting from hard drive. it just keeps booting to OE. any other ideas?

if you already ran the standalone setup part of the script, then the recovery button and [CTRL-D/L] are not valid anymore. Just boot up with a OE USB stick and reinstall.
i didnt run the standalone script. so chromeos is gone and im on a standalone setup? i dont know how that happened cause i did have the recovery screen whenever i rebooted the device, now its gone. so i can just reinstall OE and thats it? wow thats wierd this happened
(2015-03-05, 21:51)elas123 Wrote: i didnt run the standalone script. so chromeos is gone and im on a standalone setup? i dont know how that happened cause i did have the recovery screen whenever i rebooted the device, now its gone. so i can just reinstall OE and thats it? wow thats wierd this happened

I have no idea what you did or didn't do. If you didn't run the standalone setup option from the script, then you should still be able to boot ChromeOS and run the script to do so. As noted in the wiki, if you set the boot flags to 1s + OpenELEC default, many times you won't even see the dev mode boot screen since your TV doesn't sync up quickly enough, in which case you need to hit CTRL-D before the screen comes on in order to boot ChromeOS.
Big Grin 
Hi Matt,

I did a dual boot chromeOS/ openelec using a asus chromebox for a friend and not sure what she might've done. I attached a pic so you can see and hopefully direct me in the right direction. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/32laco6gjv7mea...5.JPG?dl=0
(2015-03-05, 23:14)Arse4life Wrote: Hi Matt,

I did a dual boot chromeOS/ openelec using a asus chromebox for a friend and not sure what she might've done. I attached a pic so you can see and hopefully direct me in the right direction. I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

fix is in the wiki!
(2015-03-05, 23:26)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 23:14)Arse4life Wrote: Hi Matt,

fix is in the wiki!

I should've known better! Thank you!
Hi
I`m trying to start over the install of KodiBuntu, now my Box is running OpenElec. I can`t remember if it was dualboot or not. It`s a long
time ago I installed it.

I tried to reset it, as mentioned in the Wiki.
The only thing I know get is:
***Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ***
### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
#_

Shuld I run the "fsck" here to get on the way?

Do I have misunderstood the way to start the script again?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2015-03-06, 10:10)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi
I`m trying to start over the install of KodiBuntu, now my Box is running OpenElec. I can`t remember if it was dualboot or not. It`s a long
time ago I installed it.

well, that's kind important, since it dictates how you proceed. With the box powered off, depress the recovery button and power on. If it boots to the recovery function, then you still have the stock firmware / have a dual boot setup. If not, you have a standalone setup.

Quote:I tried to reset it, as mentioned in the Wiki.
The only thing I know get is:
***Error in check_disks: could not repair filesystem, dropping to debug shell, try to run 'fsck' manually: ***
### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ###
sh: can't access tty; job control turned off
#_

Shuld I run the "fsck" here to get on the way?

Do I have misunderstood the way to start the script again?

If you have a standalone setup, then the script is irrelevant - just boot off the Kodibuntu USB installer and install it. There's no point in running a filesystem check on your OE install if you're just going to blow it away afterwards.
Thanks for really quick answer.

If I push the recovery button, it ends up in the error message.
So then I have a standalone setup I understand.

But I can`t get the boot menu, it just jumps to error message.
Hmm

I can`t seem to find the answer in the Wiki nether, maybe I have done something wrong?
If you don't get the boot menu, you must try a different USB stick. The Chromebox seems to be very picky.
Now I have tried with two different and the one I installed with.
It`s a no go.

So I then tried to fix the boot for now, and it ended up with this:
For a dual-boot setup:
fsck /dev/sda6
fsck /dev/sda7

Out from this, I understand I have a dualboot setup after all...

Sorry for misguiding you.
What do I do next?
what program are you using to create the Kodibuntu install media? If you're not using UUI, that's what I recommend.
I`m using the recommended program in the wiki, Linux Live USB Creator and I have also tried Win32DiskImager.
Is it Universal USB Installer you mean?
(2015-03-06, 20:28)pettergulbra Wrote: I`m using the recommended program in the wiki, Linux Live USB Creator and I have also tried Win32DiskImager.
Is it Universal USB Installer you mean?

yes, try that and report back. you certainly can't just write the ISO to USB using diskimager.
Just switched my tv from a 720p to a 1080p one. When I turn on my Chromebox, the resolution goes from 1360 x 768 and then switch back to 1080p when fully booted any idea why it doesn't boot directly into 1080p?
  • 252(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37