• 313(current)
Release [depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only
1. Your log file is incomplete, you have cut bits
2. Your log file is posted here, it should be on a pastebin site
3. Your log doesn't appear to have debugging turned on
4. If you are still using this youtube addon, you are using an old unsupported version of kodi.

I suggest your remedy starts by addressing point 4.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
here are some edits you can make to the old frodo/gotham youtube plugin to make vevo videos work:

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc...l/90/files
https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc.../issues/95
(2015-03-19, 09:14)nickr Wrote: 1. Your log file is incomplete, you have cut bits
2. Your log file is posted here, it should be on a pastebin site
3. Your log doesn't appear to have debugging turned on
4. If you are still using this youtube addon, you are using an old unsupported version of kodi.

I suggest your remedy starts by addressing point 4.

Sorry for the inadequate post.

I understand that I could just get Helix and address my issue but it's not an option because I use a greatly customized version of Ace which is sadly broken in Helix.

(2015-03-20, 19:01)gitman Wrote: here are some edits you can make to the old frodo/gotham youtube plugin to make vevo videos work:

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc...l/90/files
https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc.../issues/95

That worked. Truly appreciate it! Big Grin
Today the 4.4.10 plugin stopped working for me. I can't access anything in it except settings, it just hangs at "Working" forever.

Is version 5 of the plugin only available on Kodi 14? I'm still running Gotham and I'm not able to update to Kodi because I'm running a super old version of XBMCBuntu, and updating to Kodibuntu or whatever means wiping the harddrive and is such a hassle I'd rather just switch to Plex and Chromecasting.
Yes the 5 version works on 13 IIRC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
But how to install it? The "update" button in App settings is greyed out. Uninstalling and reinstalling does not install a newer version either.
I think you need to add Bromix's repo.
And what's the add-apt-repository ppa adress? Smile Thanks.
No its a kodi addon repo.

Second post on this thread has info in Bromix's footer.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ix+youtube
From Youtube:

Quote:Certain older YouTube apps will no longer be supported after April 2015

Devices affected: Select devices manufactured in 2012 and earlier, including Sony TVs & Blu-ray Discs, Panasonic TVs & Blu-ray Discs, older iOS devices, and devices running older versions of Google TV.

As we upgrade the YouTube Data API to bring more features, we’ll begin shutting down the old version on April 20, 2015. This will result in the current YouTube app not working on certain device models from 2012 and older.

I'm assuming we are using the old version of the API. I wonder how this will affect us?
Anyone have any feedback? I'm still on Gotham for various reasons & running 4.4.10 which as of today 26th Apr 2015 is still working.
News (2015-5-5): https://plus.google.com/+YouTubeDev/posts/NZEQ8ku7Pdc

Quote:As part of the YouTube Data API v2 turndown, video feeds will only return the "support video" from 12:30 - 12.45 PST today.
Some Greasemonkey Firefox add-ons such as View Youtube videos by same user stopped working as of yesterday. Seeing that on my computer back home, I said to myself "Oh noes! This is it. No more Youtube 4.4.10, snif..." and hurried to update to bromix's add-on on one of my HTPCs. After replacing Frodo's xbmc.python by a more recent version, it seems to work like a charm, which is rather unexpected, as it was not made with Frodo in mind. Also, other add-ons seem to work flawlessly (including Dailymotion, Moebooru, Google pictures...), even after the manual xbmc.python replacement. The Youtube add-on even updated itself to the latest version, which is 5.1.1 beta 1 as of this writing.

But even more unexpected is that I wanted to test the old youtube.channels add-on to see how it behaves and to my surprise, it still fetches all the videos, with the device support one appearing on top of the results. Back to work, I opened Kodi (which is Helix on Ubuntu 14.04) with Youtube 4.4.10 still on it and... IT STILL WORKS (??!). Just like youtube.channels at home, it still fetches everything with the device support video on top, and even the search function still works! This leaves me rather confused... However this may only be temporary and short. Let's see how things will turn out in the future.

----------------
original post:
Here's Youtube's blog official entry about this, telling more details about how we'll be affected:

http://youtube-eng.blogspot.fr/2015/04/b...pi-v2.html

Quote:In early May, Data API v2 video calls will start returning only the warning video introduced on April 20. Users will not be able to view other videos on apps that use the v2 API video calls. See youtube.com/devicesupport for affected devices.

By late May, v2 API calls except for comments and captions will receive 410 Gone HTTP responses. You can test your application’s reaction to this response by pointing the application at eol.gdata.youtube.com instead of gdata.youtube.com. While you should migrate your app as soon as possible, these features will work in the Data API v2 until the end of July 2015 to avoid any outages.

To be clear, everyone using version 4.4.10 will only get the warning video and nothing else, starting from early May.

Edit: Meanwhile, I did a few tests attempting to make Bromix's Youtube addon work with Frodo, and succeeded. Youtube 5.x.x can install under Frodo, but you must install Bromix's addon repository first and then, replace Frodo's xbmc.python folder (located in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons" in Windows) by the one from Kodi. Otherwise you'll get a "Dependencies not met" error (Youtube 5.x.x requires xbmc.python version 2.12.0 minimum). Watch out! Backup your "xbmc.python" folder first as this may break other addons. While testing, all features including logging in, search, fanart display etc. appeared to work pretty well. The only thing that lacks is caption or subtitle support.
(2015-04-27, 15:17)Dioxaz Wrote: Youtube 5.x.x can install under Frodo, but you must install Bromix's addon repository first and then, replace Frodo's xbmc.python folder (located in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons" in Windows) by the one from Kodi. Otherwise you'll get a "Dependencies not met" error (Youtube 5.x.x requires xbmc.python version 2.12.0 minimum). Watch out! Backup your "xbmc.python" folder first as this may break other addons.
Uh oh. Is it possible to get a step by step Linux newb guide for this? Blush

How do I get the Kodi xbmc.python folder if I don't have Kodi?

edit: Wow, it's back to working again already. Awesome.
The path for xbmc.python in Linux is /usr/share/kodi/addons/ (or /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ I presume, if still using Frodo or older)
You must be sudo first (if under Ubuntu) to be able to write in that directory.

Reminder for Windows users: xbmc.python is located at C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons

But if you're under Linux, I suggest updating to Kodi (Helix at least, using the ppa:team-xbmc/ppa PPA, see here for details) unless you really can't do otherwise.

I'm putting a link to an extracted xbmc.python folder from a Helix install here. (alternate download, from 4shared, here)

Update, 2015-05-08: As some of you may have noticed, applications using gdata calls only return the device support video by now. This means that both Youtube Channels and our Youtube 4.4.10 can now be considered as obsolete. In Youtube 4.4.10, only "My history" and "My favorites" still show the streams (because it's stored by the add-on I presume, not on the Youtube account). So, migration to bromix's Youtube is the only solution.

Original (outdated) paragraph:
Edit: I think I'm understanding why both Youtube 4.4.10 and Youtube Channels are still working. Both add-ons make their calls by using URLs such as this one: https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?q=[search_keyword]
And when calling them directly, using a browser, they still return a valid XML result page. It's only towards the end of May, according to this page, that these 2 add-ons will actually stop working definitely I guess, if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks a lot, this worked for me! So happy now!
  • 313(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[depricated] old YouTube Plugin - XBMC 13.0 Frodo/Gotham only28