• 9(current)
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.1
I would imagine one of the skins set it. Normally those settings are set by the skin author via a RunScript() command to the addon. If the error shows up again check the skins and see if they are using such a command. I'm working on an update to the addon, I'll add a note to disregard settings that aren't correct and use defaults to avoid this in the future.
It's likely to be CCM-Helix, might br passing the change refresh rate without having a number - I'll look into it. For the moment users could go into skinsettings and re-enter the refresh rate for fanart script.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2015-03-03, 16:08)robweber Wrote: I would imagine one of the skins set it. Normally those settings are set by the skin author via a RunScript() command to the addon. If the error shows up again check the skins and see if they are using such a command. I'm working on an update to the addon, I'll add a note to disregard settings that aren't correct and use defaults to avoid this in the future.

I see. will good to have figured it out. I appreciate you looking into it so nobody else gets the problem.
(2015-03-03, 23:49)Mudislander Wrote: It's likely to be CCM-Helix, might br passing the change refresh rate without having a number - I'll look into it. For the moment users could go into skinsettings and re-enter the refresh rate for fanart script.

Ah, maybe. But I also got it on an Android Box with Gotham only, which ran CCM for Gotham and Nebula, so no CCM Helix in it. But still possible. Thanks for checking it out.
I'm a bit confused and a bit of a newbie on this whole script thing.

I'm running OpenELEC and have installed the modded 1080XF MB3 skin, but with Native Kodi library.

It says I have to install this script to be able to use fannart as backgrounds in the menus.

But I'm just a bit lost as to how I have to install this as this seems to be something I have to run each time the machine starts?
(2015-03-03, 23:49)Mudislander Wrote: It's likely to be CCM-Helix, might br passing the change refresh rate without having a number - I'll look into it. For the moment users could go into skinsettings and re-enter the refresh rate for fanart script.

The following same error is happening again. I guess you haven't had a chance to fix this file from automatically adding its own settings and causing the error?:

(2015-03-03, 11:13)xbmcwayist Wrote: I figured out the problem. It was the 'special://home/userdata/addon_data/script.grab.fanart/settings.xml' file which was causing this. I deleted it and the problem went away. I will test further to make sure I do not have the same issue again.

Here is the contents of the 'settings.xml' file. I am not sure why the issue happened as a result. I never made the file nor edited it. It must have been added automatically in the past:

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="mode" value="random" />
    <setting id="refresh" value="" />
</settings>
(2015-03-21, 20:04)Crueltylizer Wrote: I'm a bit confused and a bit of a newbie on this whole script thing.

I'm running OpenELEC and have installed the modded 1080XF MB3 skin, but with Native Kodi library.

It says I have to install this script to be able to use fannart as backgrounds in the menus.

But I'm just a bit lost as to how I have to install this as this seems to be something I have to run each time the machine starts?

I took a look at the 1080XF MB3 addon.xml file. It isn't explicity using this addon in it's requirements section so you'll have to download it yourself. In the addon browser look under "Helper Addons". Once downloaded it will run in the background as a service whenever Kodi is started. If the skin is configured to use it for fanart it should just work after that.

(2015-03-22, 12:18)xbmcwayist Wrote: The following same error is happening again. I guess you haven't had a chance to fix this file from automatically adding its own settings and causing the error?:

I just submitted a repo pull for this exact issue. It didn't make the last one. Once it's final I'll post here. The next step will be to get skin authors to update their addon.xml files to pull the most current version.
(2015-03-23, 16:27)robweber Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 12:18)xbmcwayist Wrote: The following same error is happening again. I guess you haven't had a chance to fix this file from automatically adding its own settings and causing the error?:

I just submitted a repo pull for this exact issue. It didn't make the last one. Once it's final I'll post here. The next step will be to get skin authors to update their addon.xml files to pull the most current version.

Oh, great. Thanks a lot.
Wanted to bump this for those following the thread. From now on when a new version is pushed to the Kodi repo I'll update the thread title with the most current version number. This should make it easier for skin authors to keep their imports up to date.
Where do I find this script in Isengard? There is no longer an add-on section for "helpers" that I can find.
You can always download the zip file and install it from the github page (see first post). I think skin authors are supposed to include it as a dependency so it just gets downloaded. If the "helpers" section is removed I'm not sure if it will show up at all in the addon browser.
can someone help me with a grabber for movies?
fail to understand ... please excuse me.
Anyone using this on their skins can update to the newest version - 0.15.1. This was recently merged in to the official repo for Leia+ version of Kodi. This version is python2/3 compatible. 

In addition to the python compatibility I've made a few tweaks to help with efficiency in the addon.
@robweber @ronie 

Since this is a addon targeted for skinners, wouldn't make more sense to move this thread to the new sub section https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300 ?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
(2019-09-07, 08:20)sualfred Wrote: @robweber @ronie 

Since this is a addon targeted for skinners, wouldn't make more sense to move this thread to the new sub section https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300 ?

Makes sense to me!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart Grabber - Current Version 0.15.13