• 192(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2015-03-25, 00:45)choekstr Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 00:36)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 15:12)dkplayaclub Wrote: How do I enable different view types in various sections of XBMC? Currently, I only have list and icon available in all my addons. I would like a little more variety.

You can't just enable new views; they would have to be coded in, and in some cases resized to fit add-ons if they are designed to fit video posters.
There should be a lot more views for the various sections. Something like 8 different views with the default Aeon Nox 5 skin. With mikesilvo's Aeon Nox 5 with extra views there are more like 15 or so views all by default and not derived from an add-on. You just cycle through those in the left hand vertical menu.

I should be more clear. I don't want any NEW views. I would just like to be able to use some of the views that are already in Aeon Nox in other sections. I believe older versions of Aeon Nox had a section in the settings to enable/disable view types (been so long I'm not sure. Could have been an XBMC option), but I don't see that anywhere in the current build. I know they are probably limited to save memory, as I remember being told to disable any views you weren't currently using at one point. I was thinking there's probably an .xml file I could edit or maybe a "hidden" option that could accomplish this.
(2015-03-25, 01:17)dkplayaclub Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 00:45)choekstr Wrote:
(2015-03-25, 00:36)Warner306 Wrote: You can't just enable new views; they would have to be coded in, and in some cases resized to fit add-ons if they are designed to fit video posters.
There should be a lot more views for the various sections. Something like 8 different views with the default Aeon Nox 5 skin. With mikesilvo's Aeon Nox 5 with extra views there are more like 15 or so views all by default and not derived from an add-on. You just cycle through those in the left hand vertical menu.

I should be more clear. I don't want any NEW views. I would just like to be able to use some of the views that are already in Aeon Nox in other sections. I believe older versions of Aeon Nox had a section in the settings to enable/disable view types (been so long I'm not sure. Could have been an XBMC option), but I don't see that anywhere in the current build. I know they are probably limited to save memory, as I remember being told to disable any views you weren't currently using at one point. I was thinking there's probably an .xml file I could edit or maybe a "hidden" option that could accomplish this.

Like I said, you can't just enable an existing view for other media. It has to be coded to fit the new content. Addons are square posters. TV shows and movies use rectangular posters. Also, the labels for add-on titles are different than the labels for other media. This is a lot of work in xml coding. You can't just add a button.

For example, if an image layout is designed to fit a container by scaling every image to 4 x 1, you can't put a bunch of images that are 2 x 2 in the same space. They will be stretched and distorted.

Mods like Mike Silvos and others add new views for those who want them. I can't see BigNoid adding a bunch of views for add-ons or emulators a year into the skin's life. These would be considered new views even if they share the same view name.
I'm sorry, but what you are saying makes literally no sense to me. If the artowrk doesn't fit I could always resize or replace the artwork. If the view mode is already a part of the skin, it should be able to be loaded anywhere within XBMC. If the artwork it was looking for didn't fit, it would just look funny.
Also, some addons have auto-view settings and when these are set up, the appropriate menus show up in the correct view type, even though it is not selectabe through the side menu.
(2015-03-25, 22:00)dkplayaclub Wrote: I'm sorry, but what you are saying makes literally no sense to me. If the artowrk doesn't fit I could always resize or replace the artwork. If the view mode is already a part of the skin, it should be able to be loaded anywhere within XBMC. If the artwork it was looking for didn't fit, it would just look funny.
Also, some addons have auto-view settings and when these are set up, the appropriate menus show up in the correct view type, even though it is not selectabe through the side menu.

I mod skin files myself. I know what I'm talking about. Check the mods & themes section. I have created several "new" views on my own. You are asking someone to do a bunch of work is all I'm saying.
This theme is great. This theme has brought me back to using kodi once again after leaving nearly 2 years ago.

Can a remote button be mapped to view video info? I see the info shows up when I navigate to the i
(2015-03-26, 04:26)Deihmos Wrote: Can a remote button be mapped to view video info? I see the info shows up when I navigate to the i
Keymap (wiki)
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2015-03-26, 14:23)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-03-26, 04:26)Deihmos Wrote: Can a remote button be mapped to view video info? I see the info shows up when I navigate to the i
Keymap (wiki)
I have a remote button for (i) that brings up the synopsis of what is playing in other themes but this one does not. The synopsis is in a different location to other themes. Anyway not a big deal.
(2015-03-26, 18:55)Deihmos Wrote: I have a remote button for (i) that brings up the synopsis of what is playing in other themes but this one does not. The synopsis is in a different location to other themes. Anyway not a big deal.

Are you talking about showing a synopsis while an item is playing? The skin shows that info when highlighting the movie or tv show when scrolling through your library and pressing i or whatever button is mapped to that command just like every other skin does. Can you describe in more detail what it is not doing that other skins are?
I was referring to when a video is playing. On the default skin pressing i brings it up. Like I said it is no big deal.
(2015-03-27, 22:33)Deihmos Wrote: I was referring to when a video is playing. On the default skin pressing i brings it up. Like I said it is no big deal.

It is not in the skin but there is a mod for it in the Mods & Themes section.
(2014-06-19, 04:18)Steveb Wrote:
(2014-06-18, 09:52)Sabish Wrote:
(2014-06-17, 01:55)zag Wrote: Mmmm fanart list view is nice Smile

it is indeed ! care to share ? Wink

Sure, here you go..FanartList

I've only added the view xml to the zip because it's really easy to add the view.

1. Add the modded xml to the includes.xml
<include file="View_500_Wall.xml" />
<include file="View_501_LowList.xml" />
<include file="View_502_Episode.xml" />
<include file="View_507_FanartList.xml" />

2 add the view id and include name to the MyVideoNav.xml.
<views>50,51,52,53,55,507,56,57,58,59,500,501,502</views>
<include>VideoLowList</include>
<!-- view id = 501 -->
<include>VideoEpisode</include>
<!-- view id = 502 -->
<include>VideoFanartList</include>
<!-- view id = 507 -->

Steveb:

I've tried this several times and can't get it to work with version 5.6.0. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
You must be putting the view file in the wrong place. It belongs in the 1080i folder. The other two instructions are pretty clear. You must have made a mistake.
(2015-03-29, 06:48)Warner306 Wrote: You must be putting the view file in the wrong place. It belongs in the 1080i folder. The other two instructions are pretty clear. You must have made a mistake.

It works fine if I copy it over to Gotham but not for Helix, I'm assuming that something changed...

I can get it to show up in the menu, but once I select the view, the ratings don't appear and on tv shows, the number of episodes don't show up. I can see the first digit only.
(2015-03-29, 15:57)Edworld Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 06:48)Warner306 Wrote: You must be putting the view file in the wrong place. It belongs in the 1080i folder. The other two instructions are pretty clear. You must have made a mistake.

It works fine if I copy it over to Gotham but not for Helix, I'm assuming that something changed...

I can get it to show up in the menu, but once I select the view, the ratings don't appear and on tv shows, the number of episodes don't show up. I can see the first digit only.

Take the view file from Mike Silvo's skin and replace the one provided by Steveb. Mike's version contains some corrections.
Hi,
first post here, on this skin Big Grin

I had AppleTV 2 so this skin was only a wet dream Big Grin Now I got Raspi and installed the theme.
I have some questions:
1. Wasn't this skin more complex? As I remember there were tons of settings and adjustments for it. I don't see them now. Do I do anything wrong?
2. I'm trying to set different background for home menus but when I select ex. Movies in Skin settings and check the Random movies fanart it changes for all sections. Is this a bug? - figured out xD
3. How can I customise Recent movies and Recent TV shows widget?
4. What is the best Next Aired like addon for this skin?

Well... that's it for now.

Thanks and keep up the excellent job! Big Grin
skullmonkey
  • 192(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537