• 84(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I did a test using my laptop with an HD 3000 as the renderer. I think my previous problem with image differences has something to do with the global profile overriding my settings for madVR set outside Kodi. As you can see, the two images are identical.

These are JPEGs not uncompressed TIFFs, so this comparison is not of rendering quality. Also, the images were saved for web performance, so minute differences may exist between the two due to the use of dithering. But the takeaway is there appears to be no limitations or unwanted modification of the image by DSPlayer when rendering an image versus the reference player, Media Player Classic. Both rendering performance and image quality remain intact.

Intel HD 3000 madVR settings:
  • Chroma: Bicubic100 + AR
  • Image: Lanczos3 + AR
  • Luma Doubling: Off
  • Artifact Removal - Debanding: Off
  • Dithering: Ordered

DSPlayer & madVR

MPC-HC + LAV Filters & madVR

DSPlayer & madVR

MPC-HC + LAV Filters & madVR
If the laggy performance of the madVR settings panel could be improved, I would be happy.
(2015-03-25, 21:13)Warner306 Wrote: If the laggy performance of the madVR settings panel could be improved, I would be happy.

Madshi Wrote:Ok, so much about the technical explanation. Now you can influence the XBMC GUI lag by modifying the madVR settings. Specifically you can modify the setting "how many video frames shall be presented in advance" this will have a direct effect on the GUI lag. Decrease this setting to reduce the GUI lag. But if you decrease this setting, you also decrease the protection against stuttering if the CPU/GPU gets busy for a short period (see above).

Try setting this this value to 1 (default was 8)

I believe Aracnoz doesn't touch this value so Kodi MadVR would use global value instead.
Nevermind. Get it sorted
Has anyone tested if the madVR refresh rate change mechanism works when set in madVR?

3D LUTs should also be tested.

I am close to finishing a set-up guide with 40 images or so (I have a three days off). When complete, I'll post a link in the Doom9 forum looking for testers.
If the Kodi gui is disabled, does DSPlayer revert to outside settings? I would like to understand how madVR profiles are read.
I enable refresh rate change in Kodi & MadVR and it works. Not sure about enable only in MadVR though. But this feature in Kodi usually works fine with or without MadVR and both DVDPlayer & DSPlayer as well.
(2015-03-26, 02:06)Warner306 Wrote: If the Kodi gui is disabled, does DSPlayer revert to outside settings? I would like to understand how madVR profiles are read.

From my test, yes that would seem to be the case
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Fortunately aracnoz was able to implement madVR support the same way as other media players do, instead of using the (limited functionality) interfaces I had designed for XBMC/tiben20. This is very good because aracnoz's DSPlayer + madVR now should have all the usual madVR features working without any limitation (that I'm aware of). So yes, 3DLUT calibration and refresh rate switching should work fine, and all the other features, too.
the iso file are supported by DSPlayer ?
(2015-03-26, 18:52)madshi Wrote: Fortunately aracnoz was able to implement madVR support the same way as other media players do, instead of using the (limited functionality) interfaces I had designed for XBMC/tiben20. This is very good because aracnoz's DSPlayer + madVR now should have all the usual madVR features working without any limitation (that I'm aware of). So yes, 3DLUT calibration and refresh rate switching should work fine, and all the other features, too.

I think this combination should be very popular. Unfortunately, this thread is buried under a subforum that may not be read by many. I'm sure someone will eventually publish something on the official blog.

I know it's been said many times about this renderer, but thanks for making this great software available for free to everyone. It is honestly the best discovery I have made since I transitioned to using a HTPC. It maximizes the enjoyment of the content I watch.
(2015-03-26, 19:10)vayra Wrote: the iso file are supported by DSPlayer ?

Yes, iso files are supported.
(2015-03-26, 19:52)Warner306 Wrote: I think this combination should be very popular. Unfortunately, this thread is buried under a subforum that may not be read by many. I'm sure someone will eventually publish something on the official blog.

I doubt it. DSPlayer will always considered as "unofficial unsupported windows-only fork of Kodi". Put it in front page would generates interest & questions that Kodi Team wouldn't want to deal with.

Then they could just point out to this thread and direct all questions here. Get your guide ready though would save some times.
Kodi Team will never put this officially in the front page, i agree with it, and i understand their points of view.
Anyway, i don't think it is really needed. Everybody who really DSPlayer these days (and they're a lot) know their "ways" to keep in touch and get info, if not directly here, on other places.

Wink
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
I was wondering if there is a way to look at an MKV file BEFORE playing it too see if there is a 2nd audio track in it using the KODI menu or before pressing play etc. I have tried looking through all the keyboard commands and can't see anything that gives me that option. I have TV shows and movies that have a commentary track in them but I have no way of visually knowing which ones have them. Thanks to help on this forum I learned what keyboard command lets me change audio track, so now I'm wondering about seeing them!

You guys are a great help on this forum and I love the DS Player version with all the ongoing upgrades! I hope it lives on...

Thanks...
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8