• 613(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Lunatixz: You've done quite a bit better at being at the head of this ship than I ever did. Nicely done.
Channel surfing for your video library
Development Blog Repository
(2015-03-28, 15:15)mrsmooth81 Wrote: hi again guys

have searched through the thread for an obvious answer and i can't find one, so here goes

is there a way i can have a normal channel bug appear on screen and use a different logo in the channel list?

i remember once upon a time you could add "_c" to the end of the png file you use for the logo, but that functionality doesn't seem to exist anymore (or i'm too stupid to use it..Smile)

have donated too

hope that makes sense - thanks in advance

This was something that was taken out of the code a awhile ago from what I understand.

The basic layout used to be one white version called logo.png and one color version to use in the EPG called logo_c.png if I remember. I'm not exactly sure what was the reason it was removed (perhaps only caching one logo per channel helps speed everything up?) but I've noticed that logo.png seems to be used for both the EPG and channel bug for a while now.
hey everyone, Lunatixz asked me (week+ ago) to go through and help maintain/create a FAQ. I am going to be working from page 590 forward. If you see or notice a question that is asked often please feel free to shoot me a PM so we can address the question in the FAQ. As always, thanks to everyone who has helped others in this thread as well as updated/modified skins to help make PTVL what it is today.
(2015-03-28, 20:50)Jason102 Wrote: Lunatixz: You've done quite a bit better at being at the head of this ship than I ever did. Nicely done.

Big Grin

Thanks for giving me such a great platform to build upon...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thanks for this work Jason and Lunatixz.

Lunatixz, would you kindly see your pm inbox?

Also, my install auto updated yesterday and after a couple of successful runs I then tried to add some new YouTube channels. I also selected auto start. Now it seems PTVL is skipping my login and gets stuck "initializing". I'm unable to get to my kodi menu to reconfigure.

What should I do?

TIA!!
(2015-03-28, 03:49)imott Wrote: Hello,

Using the PseudoTV Live's Channel Configuration Tool, I setup channels for all of my TV Series.Works great; except, when refreshing, the TV series M*A*S*H is not picked up. M*A*S*H shows up in the selector in the Channel Configuration Tool but does not appear in the EPG. Kodi scrapes and displays it without issue. The series folder name is MASH.

Is this a bug or am I doing something incorrect?

Thanks!

I had the same issue with M*A*S*H tv show, what I did to solve it is use channel type as TV Show, found M*A*S*H and then under Advanced Channel Rules renamed it MASH. This is the only way I could get the logo to work, naming it also MASH.png. Let me know if that helps you.
Just did a clean install of Kodibuntu 14.2. Obviously PTVL was the first thing I wanted to set up, but it's hanging on the "Initializing" screen and I have to reboot the machine in order to break out of it. All of the dependencies seem to be there, and the current version is working fine on my bedroom machine, so I can't figure out where the problem is. Here is my log below:

http://xbmclogs.com/ptigymrqe
(2015-03-29, 03:37)eg4190 Wrote: Just did a clean install of Kodibuntu 14.2. Obviously PTVL was the first thing I wanted to set up, but it's hanging on the "Initializing" screen and I have to reboot the machine in order to break out of it. All of the dependencies seem to be there, and the current version is working fine on my bedroom machine, so I can't figure out where the problem is. Here is my log below:

http://xbmclogs.com/ptigymrqe
update for this was just pushed about 30 minutes ago. check for updates in kodi and you should be good to go.
[/quote]
update for this was just pushed about 30 minutes ago. check for updates in kodi and you should be good to go.
[/quote]

If I'm unable to get to my kodi settings or addons, will this update automatically?

Thanks
[/quote]

If I'm unable to get to my kodi settings or addons, will this update automatically?

Thanks
[/quote]

yes - unless you disabled add-on updates.
(2015-03-29, 03:14)amcfarla Wrote:

Using the PseudoTV Live's Channel Configuration Tool, I setup channels for all of my TV Series.Works great; except, when refreshing, the TV series M*A*S*H is not picked up. M*A*S*H shows up in the selector in the Channel Configuration Tool but does not appear in the EPG. Kodi scrapes and displays it without issue. The series folder name is MASH.

Thanks!

I had the same issue with M*A*S*H tv show, what I did to solve it is use channel type as TV Show, found M*A*S*H and then under Advanced Channel Rules renamed it MASH. This is the only way I could get the logo to work, naming it also MASH.png. Let me know if that helps you.
Thank you your reply.

I did the following with no change in behavior:

-Opened PseudoTV Live Configuration
-Opened Channel Configuration Tool
-Created Channel (121) type TV Show
-Opened Advanced Rule
-Created Rule to Rename Channel to MASH
-Saved changes
-Enabled Reset Channels on Next Restart
-Launched PseudoTV Live
-Watched the reload dialog and observed channel 121 get skipped.
-Checked the EPG and found neither Channel 121, MASH nor M*A*S*H were listed. The defined channel is skipped.

What did I do wrong?
(2015-03-29, 05:01)imott Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 03:14)amcfarla Wrote:

Thanks!

Thank you your reply.

I did the following with no change in behavior:

-Opened PseudoTV Live Configuration
-Opened Channel Configuration Tool
-Created Channel (121) type TV Show
-Opened Advanced Rule
-Created Rule to Rename Channel to MASH
-Saved changes
-Enabled Reset Channels on Next Restart
-Launched PseudoTV Live
-Watched the reload dialog and observed channel 121 get skipped.
-Checked the EPG and found neither Channel 121, MASH nor M*A*S*H were listed. The defined channel is skipped.

What did I do wrong?

Here is what I have done:

Code:
<setting id="Channel_159_type" value="6" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_1" value="M*A*S*H" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_2" value="4" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_3" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_4" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_rule_1_opt_1" value="MASH" />
    <setting id="Channel_159_changed" value="False" />

This worked for me, basically I have a channel with M*A*S*H showing one after the other in chronological order. Renaming the channel MASH and naming the show logo 'MASH.png' the logo shows up on the channel. See what happens if you post that code in the settings2.xml file.
Hi Luna
Quick question is Custom xmltv currently disabled.
i can not get my epg data from mc2xml to appear in the tv guide.
checked all settings seem ok

EDIT
got it working by restarting kodi and launching pstvl
Good morning

Received update overnight which fixed initializing bug. Now seem to be unable to see any more than 20 channels. Channel listings show 43 however.

TIA
Now on 0.6.1a, and still not able to lauch a pluto.tv channel.

I created a fresh LiveTV channel with kinkin's plutotv plugin, selecting the Stand Up comedy channel , using ptvlguide xml file.

Still, all I get are the Pluto.tv banners - no actual comedy channel video, and no EPG guide data. If I launch the Pluto.tv plugin directly from Kodi, it plays.

Log files here.
http://xbmclogs.com/pcshbht5d
  • 613(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45