• 26(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
I'm unable (so far) to change the Rewrite root path pathname from

smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/graf/

to

smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/

because when I click on the field to edit it, it opens the location. When I click on the ".." it goes back to the previous screen. Your suggestion to use the SMB option doesn't give me access to the location.

I am also unable to find the xml file that Kodi is using for the pathnames so that I can edit them directly.
Maybe ask in the General forums then? You need to be able to access the "Windows network (SMB)" option to make this work.
It's funny. I can click on the "Local root path to Masters" and edit the pathname on the settings screen, but I can do that to the "Rewrite root path as" because it opens the pathname shown.
It's that way by design. "Local root path" is not a path that Kodi needs to be able to access -- because it's the path local to your remote computer (the Mac).

The Rewrite path must be accessible by Kodi, so it uses the file chooser dialog to verify that you enter something sane.
OK, I made the change to "Rewrite root path as" that you suggested and it worked! I can now access the media, so I think we're all set. Thanks for being patient. Did our exercise result in a bug fix to addon.py?

In case you're interested, I had to go into the file manager and add smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/ as a new source to get access to it. This made it available as a pathname that I could select.

Thanks again.
(2015-03-31, 20:15)tgraf Wrote: OK, I made the change to "Rewrite root path as" that you suggested and it worked! I can now access the media, so I think we're all set. Thanks for being patient.

Awesome, and no problem at all!

(2015-03-31, 20:15)tgraf Wrote: Did our exercise result in a bug fix to addon.py?

Not yet, but it will. I just reversed the logic to make it work for you temporarily. Need to talk with the Kodi devs about why the function isn't working on the Fire TV.

(2015-03-31, 20:15)tgraf Wrote: In case you're interested, I had to go into the file manager and add smb://192.168.1.136/WD_Red_3TB/ as a new source to get access to it. This made it available as a pathname that I could select.

Oh, I'd actually forgotten about doing it that way. I still don't know why you don't see the Windows network (SMB) option, but hey, if it works, it works Smile
Okay. I'm trying to build a digital frame using a raspberry pi and while I know XBMC isn't the most elegant way to get this done, it really seems to be the best way to do it without having to duplicate all my photos somewhere.
Currently I've got Xebian installed on a Rasbperry Pi and I'm trying to use the iPhoto plugin to connect to the IPhoto library on my mac. The goal is to have a constantly up to date frame with our latest family pictures. I'm having trouble getting it to load though.

Here's what I think is the important area of the log. After it initialized the database, it recognized the iPhoto Library so I know it finds the folder, but then it fails. I'm not sure why.

22:36:47 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Detected iPhoto Version 9.4
22:36:47 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Rewriting archive path '/Users/gonzo/Pictures/iPhoto Library'
22:36:47 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.parser: as 'smb://NEWGONZONIA/Pictures/iPhoto Library/'
22:39:05 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Parse: not well-formed (invalid token): line 456626, column 11
22:39:05 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Parse failed
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: File "/home/xbian/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 938, in <module>
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: action_result = iphoto.import_library()
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: File "/home/xbian/.kodi/addons/plugin.image.iphoto/addon.py", line 357, in import_library
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: raise e
22:39:05 T:2855269392 ERROR: ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 456626, column 11
22:39:05 T:2855269392 NOTICE: None
22:39:05 T:2855269392 NOTICE: iphoto.gui: Library import failed
Looks like I solved it myself, at least that step. There were leading spaces in the Faces names for some reason and that was breaking it. The spaces weren't in iPhoto though. I "renamed" them in iPhoto and that at least loaded the data.

Thanks
Yeah, iPhoto's interface hides leading spaces, even though it stores them in the XML (which isn't valid). It's a bit weird. Good on you to catch that yourself though Smile
Is there any chance to see an update for using with the new Photos.app in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3?
(2015-05-04, 22:23)hidalgo67 Wrote: Is there any chance to see an update for using with the new Photos.app in OS X Yosemite 10.10.3?

There's a chance, just not a very great one any time soon. I have no plans to use Photos.app myself.
It’s a pity. I hoped it wouldn’t be that big deal to fit in this nice add-on to communicate with the new app. Sad to hear. Sad
I honestly don't know what it would entail. I just personally have no plans to use Photos (since they discontinued Aperture, I need something else for my purposes). It's still on my list of things to look into, just low priority right now.
Hi there - back again with a new issue - sorry if i've missed a fix elsewhere...

recently made the jump and upgraded iPhoto - 9.5 on Mavericks. had to reimplement my NFS share from the Mac using the following in /etc/exports:

/path/to/Library -ro -mapall=nobody -alldirs

and adding the -N parameter to the nfsd plist.

freshly installed addon now sees my new updated library and displays thumbnails etc without any kludge on my part.

however...

some individual photos aren't showing up. they are in the database and therefore show in the file listings, but no image is visible. showing image information shows the correct path afaik but lists image size as 0 B.

checking the log shows these errors:

13:32:43 T:140372568782592 INFO: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : 'Users/me/Pictures/iPhoto Library//Masters/2015/26 Apr 2015/P1040344.JPG' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access r--. Allowed access ---"'

this looks like a nfs permissions thing. on my previous system i exported the NFS with a specific UID but that config didn't work on the new system. viewing the files on the mac they seem to have identical permissions and ownership...

thanks for any help
I haven't really used NFS on a Mac so I'm not really sure. You're correct that it's a permissions issue, but I have no idea what you might have done wrong, sorry.
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1