• 101(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
@nickr, thanks for that tip. Would have been less invasive than modifying the prefs file.
Ok folks here's a little supplementary thing I have started work on. It's very handy if you have a squeezebox sitting next to your Kodi machine....

It's called XSqueezeDisplay (& I am offiicially crap at naming things!).

It's a tool to display Kodi now playing info using the line display of a SB2/Sb3/Classic Squeezebox. Basically, the idea is that it will be like LCDProc but using a Squeezebox display. If you're not using Kodi, it will just fall back to displaying the standard Date and Time stuff.

This alpha version displays only one thing so far - time remaining on the currently playing video (only) file.

To install:
In LMS Settings -> Plugins add my repo URL:
Code:
http://github.com/bossanova808/repository.squeeze.bossanova808/raw/master/staging/repo.xml

Hit apply. reload that page, and you should now see XSqueezeDisplay -> tick that and it will prompt you to restart LMS - do so.

Once restarted, XSqueezeDisplay should be in your active plugins list, so click settings on right and fill those in with your Kodi json details (IP address, port, username and password or leave those last two blank if you don't use authentication). Note the two template lines at the bottom are currently not used so just leave them empty!

Apply the settings (bottom right).

Now - RESTART your LMS again.

Check the end of the LMS log and you should see something like:
*** XSqueezeDisplay *** Kodi endpoint is http://user:[email protected]:80/jsonrpc (user:password will be missing if you don't use one).

Now on your kodi machine, play a video. You should see the display change to something like (if in two line mode):
Playing
12:05PM [-45:12] - and the timer on the right ticking down as each second passes.

...the goal here is to get a few folks to try it to make sure it generally works. If it does, and there is some interest, I can make it more general fairly easily and add support for info like the name of the episode playing etc.

....and @nickr thanks for answering those things etc above, I don't always get the email notifications for some reason...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
My pleasure.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
See updated installation instructions above for XSqueezeDisplay if you're interested...I now have a repo meaning you can just add that to your repo list in LMS_>Settings->Plugins and install as usual, receive updates.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(2015-03-25, 01:05)bossanova808 Wrote: @tiktek sorry I was confusing you with @jtgriffi - to me it looks like you're trying on the wrong port - you lg says 3483 but you mention 3484 above. Can you triple check your port settings in both lms and xsqueeze please?

### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Attempting to connect to LMS named [192.168.1.110] at IP: 192.168.1.110 on CLI port: 3483

Any real reason you can't use the standard port?

Wow, I'm an idiot. Sorry, I can connect from my mac through 3483. So the port xsqueeze is trying is the correct. That was a typo. Sorry.

I would love to connect via the standard port, but it doesn't work either. I'm not really sure why. If you want, I can post a debug log with the standard ports if you want.
No post a debug log with whatever correct port you like as long as LMS is definitely running it's cli on that port. 9000 is a pretty common port as it happens, was not a great choice of slim devices I reckon...
Thanks bossanova, log here: http://xbmclogs.com/p2djhkxsm
After trying to get this integrated with my squeezelite players, I have come across 2 issues that I was hoping to get some insight on. Once again, apologies if this has already been discussed and I failed to find the relevant part of the thread.

1. After Xsqueeze is playing for about 5 minutes, the audio cuts out and is replaced with a weird choppy sound. Kinda sounds like if you held a sheet of paper in a running desk fan. The synced players (a RPI and a squeezebox) continue playing the music after Xsqueeze cuts out. I reproduced the issue in Confluence and took a log, but I wasn't able to make the issue happen immediately so it is a bit big. I don't see any errors where the music stopped. http://xbmclogs.com/pltfmmm4k

2. I understand that Confluence is probably the recommended skin for this, but I'm hoping to be able to get it working well with Aeon Nox. When I open in Aeon Nox, the player controls that normally appear at the bottom of the screen in Confluence aren't there. Also, the artist slideshow is shifted to the left, so it's sitting on top of the album artwork. I imagine at the very least there is some config file I could modify to force the placement of the slideshow.

Any help you could provide with either issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
@jtgriffi

1. In your log I can see you starting Xsqueeze at least twice and it appears to be starting, playing, and exiting all fine - I can see you doing a bunch of keystrokes and then it exiting

Code:
17:56:04 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### mode play actionSqueeze voldown
17:56:04 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Sending button to LMS: voldown
17:56:04 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Handling action id: 7 Name: ACTION_SELECT_ITEM SqueezeCode if any:
17:56:08 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x16, sym: 0x0008, unicode: 0x0008, modifier: 0x0
17:56:08 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: OnKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is Back
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Not handling eventid 92
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### ### XSqueeze XBMC Action: Close
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: XBMC Notificaton Requested: [XBMC.Notification(Shutdown - Stopping Local Player and Slideshow,Please wait a moment...(up to 10 seconds)...,4000,/home/jordan/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/icon.png)]
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Cleanup - cleaning covers, playlist and waiting on artist.slideshow to signal finish...
17:56:08 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Waiting for artistslideshow to stop
17:56:08 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Still waiting for artistslideshow to stop
17:56:11 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 2 times.
17:56:11 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: UPower: Received an unknown signal DeviceChanged
17:56:11 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### Still waiting for artistslideshow to stop
17:56:12 T:140150503872256  NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script stopped
17:56:12 T:140150503872256    INFO: CPythonInvoker(20, /home/jordan/.kodi/addons/script.artistslideshow/default.py): script successfully run
17:56:12 T:140150503872256    INFO: Python script stopped
17:56:12 T:140150503872256   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 140150503872256 terminating
17:56:12 T:140148582864640   DEBUG: ### XSqueeze - 1.2.0 ### exitXSqueeze() complete. Artist Slideshow Cleanup Property = True
17:56:12 T:140151745816512   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10000

That's all within minute or so.

If you're running on a Pi, javbe you followed the wiki advice re: the player settings to avoid audio glitches?

2. Other skin support is up to others basically. If you prep some XML files with the controls in the right spot, I will add them (do a pull request on github ideally) - but I am not going to code up files for skins I don't use I am afraid, just don't have the time.

@tiktek

Sortry your log has gone. I've been a bit busy and didn't get the forum notification so missed your message. Please re-post if you want me to look.
Never noticed the troubleshooting section on the wiki. The "keep device alive" argument seems to have fixed it. Sorry for the novice question, and makes sense on the skin support thing. Was just curious if it was something to easily fix. Thanks for the help.
Hi

Mp3 playback in Openelec 5.0.x seems to be broken now?

I have Squeezelite running on the Kodi / Openelec PC. I can still play .flac .wma and .m4a files but not .mp3

It sounds like some of the required libraries for mp3 playback have been removed from Openelec.

Is there any easy way to fix this and restore mp3 playback?

Thanks

EDIT:

Here is a debug output from Squeezelite, you can see the libraries it is now missing:

[12:44:10.649877] load_faad:592 dlerror: libfaad.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[12:44:10.650163] load_vorbis:295 loaded libvorbisfile.so.3
[12:44:10.650231] load_flac:240 dlerror: libFLAC.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[12:44:10.650242] register_pcm:382 using pcm
[12:44:10.650293] load_mad:332 dlerror: libmad.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[12:44:10.650343] load_mpg:221 dlerror: libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

EDIT 2: Never mind, think I figured it out and mp3 is working again, see here.
Hi

So I am using SqueezeLite which I have manually installed as a service on OpenElec as per my setup guide here which I wrote a while ago and have just updated today.

Rather than using XSqueeze's in-built player etc.

I just launched the XSqueeze add-on on my Kodi PC and it is still correctly displaying the now playing artist information etc, but there is some text over the top of the album cover art images, please see screen shot. Not sure why this is happening?

For Kodi I have also switched from using the Aeon MQ5 skin to Xperience1080 skin and I still have the transport controls missing as previously discussed. It seems to be an issue with most skins I have tried.

Thanks.
@cw-kid

As I mentioned just above, other skins is up to other people. I don't have time to support them, but happy to add the xml files to XSqueeze if you make them up.

Note those binaries you linked to in the other thread are not actually the main squeezelite downloads (which are found at the bottom of this page - https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/), but special builds with statically linked libraries (that I asked Ralph Irving to prepare and he very kindly did - consider donating to him!). These static binaries are included with the latest xsqueeze, so you could have just copied them from there also. The problem is that these will not be updated as it would require Ralph to maintain a bunch of build environments he does not use. So we may be a bit stuck going forward...but for now all is working ok (both your way or with the integrated xsqueeze approach).
I've tried getting this up and running on my pi's and while it works okay I tend to use skins other than Confluence. I know that your not supporting other skins and fully understand this.

However is there any way that anyone has thought about building the plugin with the normal audio library that uses squeezelite or elite.

Just comparing this to the original Pandora plugin vs Pandoki. Can I force music to playback through the squeeze options while I have normal music playing?
@soupboy - sorry, not sure if I understand the question. Are you asking if someone can build a plugin that passes the playback over to xbmc itself? Or embeds squeezelite as more of a binary plugin?

The answer is obviously yes that can be done, or someone could write a proper slimproto handler as an actual xbmc player...

....but it won't be me Smile

No time, and debatable whether I have the skills anyway. It would be nice, though....so if you're a coder, have at it!!
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3