• 2(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
Quick question. How does the episode update work. Deltas or full sync every time? On the Pi it takes a while. Not sure if it's the download of the list or processing of the list after the download.
(2015-04-20, 21:58)rterblanche Wrote: Ok very impressed.

Running on one central kodi with most of the media and then have a Pi 2 connecting to the main instance.

Setup was easy. Just a funny behaviour when adding multiple sources. Settings window took a while to open and when I added the second source some of the settings windows never opened. Think you mentioned you know about that behaviour and it will be fixed with the events system.

Will let you know if I find any issues

Thanks for taking the time to test this. Yeah the settings window for tvshows, seasons and episodes doesn't automatically open yet. I still have to figure out a way to handle grouped media types.

(2015-04-20, 22:29)rterblanche Wrote: First funny.

Doing a mark as watched or play on a tv series level doesn't mark the episode in that tv series as played. Going into tv series and play or mark as watched worked
Will put it on the TODO list. There are a lot of places in our code were UPnP items are specifically excluded from doing certain actions but those need to be revisited for imported items.

(2015-04-20, 23:01)LongMan Wrote: Beautiful work. I have been waiting a long time for this day. Thanks for your efforts.

A small request. Would be possible to allow the user to select sources via the upnp browse menu? I am asking because I use video nodes on my Home menu based on paths in the source.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<node visible="True" type="filter" order="3">
<label>KIDS MOVIES</label>
<content>movies</content>
<match>all</match>
<rule operator="contains" field="path">
<value>Kids Movies</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">title</order>
</node>.

This worked beautifully for the local database, and I have a little system that I use to share the library via UPnP using other corresponding nodes.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
<node visible="True" type="folder" order="3">
<label>KIDS MOVIES</label>
<path pathversion="1">upnp://UUID/library%3a%2f%2fvideo%2fMenus%2fMain%2fMain3(kids movies).xml%2f/</path>
</node>

In the new media import version, the upnp path listed on the info screen, does not include the "Kids Movies" part, so, my system will no longer work. Is it possible to have

upnp://UUID/library://video/Kids Movies/ etc
instead of
upnp://UUID/videodb://movies etc.

I am assuming if this is possible then the separation would still work. Maybe you can suggest another way for me to do it.

Cheers,
The only other way I can think of right now is to add all those movies to a "Kids Movies" tag and do the filtering on that. The problem is that UPnP importing doesn't really care about your library organization. It simply asks the server to provide all movies independent of how they are structured/organized and we can't reverse engineer these custom library paths from the media items because the custom library paths are just virtual folders for a filtered list of items. It might even be that an item is part of multiple virtual folders in which case there won't be a single valid custom library path.

(2015-04-20, 23:53)LongMan Wrote: Unexpected Behaviour

The items in recently added does not play when they are selected. Neither movies or episodes.

Cheers

Edit: ie The recently added icons on the Home Screen.
Probably same problem as with marking a tvshow or season as watched as explained above.

(2015-04-21, 07:04)rterblanche Wrote: Quick question. How does the episode update work. Deltas or full sync every time? On the Pi it takes a while. Not sure if it's the download of the list or processing of the list after the download.
Right now it does a full download and then tries to detect any changes. If nothing changed the episodes won't be touched. But both the full download and the changeset detection take time. Ideally we'd only have to synchronise changes/updates but that's currently not possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Latest test builds: April 21 2015:
Changelog
  • Fixed video database update from version 91 and 92
  • Removed the kai toast notification about incompatible media providers (log message is still there)
  • Improved season import/cleanup handling
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OpenELEC Builds?
(2015-04-21, 15:06)LongMan Wrote: OpenELEC Builds?

We'll have to wait for Milhouse to provide some. Jenkins doesn't do OpenELEC builds.
I've uploaded build #0420x in the wipupnp folder, untested though (I intend to test the db migration later today when I get a chance):

RPi: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...c6715e.tar
RPi2: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...c6715e.tar
Generic: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipup...c6715e.tar

(The RPi builds include the latest firmware with fix for "deinterlace jaggies")

Edit: Updated urls... # -> %023
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Cool thanks. I also already found the issues with marking tvshows and seasons as watched and why tvshow and season imports couldn't be properly deleted but that didn't make it into these test builds yet.
Thanks a million.
With regards to the library sections, I was hoping that we would be able to add upnp sources similar to the current behaviour. In which case when the browse button is clicked, it takes you to the video nodes folder in userdata/library/video/ where one can choose what nodes to add. (I keep my custom nodes there and they show up in the upnp browser. I will try the tag method. However, unlike my current setup which only require me to place the video file in a specific folder, with tags I will have to mark each file after it has been scanned into the library on the server.
If I understand correctly you are actually accessing the database at a lower level so only the three media types are available. A bit disaapointing but that is one negative in a million positives.

cheers
Yes the problem is that I would like this approach / system / framework to be as generic as possible so all a media provider needs to be able to do is provide a list of media items of a specific type. That way it may also work with other UPnP servers in the future which we don't control ourselves. The same goes for being able to import from plugins. Assuming a specific directory structure or forcing it on plugins makes the system much less powerful.

But I understand that having to manually tag every movie is cumbersome. We really need better desktop tools for these kinds of things where you could e.g. drag and drop a list of movies into a tag etc.
Speaking of Tags; Is there an infolabel for tags similar to ListItem.Cast or ListItem.Genre that will give a list of tags associated with a mediaitem. A ListItem.Tags perhaps?

Thinking about the system framework further, you should consider say a netflix plugin or USTV VoD or BBc iplayer which will have many more media items than a user might want to scan into their library. I might want to add a single show or genre. To add everything from the plugin would explode my library, but adding the drama section from iplayer would be fine. So maybe a advanced mediasources section in the advancedsettings.xml could be a consideration for the future.

Cheers

Edit: An approach similar to the search filters here could be considered. The search filters are placed in the Config.xml file.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=98210
Btw the openELEC builds links above give a 404 error.
(2015-04-21, 18:25)LongMan Wrote: Btw the openELEC builds links above give a 404 error.

If you start here: http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/wipupnp/
you can browse to them.
Which url must be used with the openelec dev update. I configured a new path based on the above but keep on getting an Pi2.arm release not found error message.
(2015-04-21, 18:24)LongMan Wrote: Speaking of Tags; Is there an infolabel for tags similar to ListItem.Cast or ListItem.Genre that will give a list of tags associated with a mediaitem. A ListItem.Tags perhaps?
Not that I know of.

(2015-04-21, 18:24)LongMan Wrote: Thinking about the system framework further, you should consider say a netflix plugin or USTV VoD or BBc iplayer which will have many more media items than a user might want to scan into their library. I might want to add a single show or genre. To add everything from the plugin would explode my library, but adding the drama section from iplayer would be fine. So maybe a advanced mediasources section in the advancedsettings.xml could be a consideration for the future.

Cheers

Yes I've already considered this. Theortically any import can be specified for a certain path. But since that doesn't work for the UPnP importer and it's the only one that I have right now I didn't fully integrate that functionality yet. But the idea would be that you could go into a plugin, select a folder, open up the context menu and choose "Import items" and it would only import the items from that folder/path.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10