• 3(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2015-04-21, 18:25)LongMan Wrote: Btw the openELEC builds links above give a 404 error.

Sorry, I've updated the urls in my post (changed # to %023, grr).

I've also tested the v91 and v92 database migration to v94, and this is now all good - many thanks.

(2015-04-21, 20:15)rterblanche Wrote: Which url must be used with the openelec dev update. I configured a new path based on the above but keep on getting an Pi2.arm release not found error message.

This seems to be a problem with the addon - I get the same as you, no matter what url I try. Please report it to the addon maintainer (ping @Leopold)

Edit: I've opened an issue on Leopolds github: https://github.com/LS80/script.openelec..../issues/20
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
That sounds good.
A new suggestion. When adding something to sync for the first time, the synchronization settings window doesn't have any kind of OK or Sync button, so the only way to exit is by hitting back, which isn't really obvious. You might include a Sync button and a Cancel button, so people can choose whether to sync or not.
(2015-04-22, 12:03)natethomas Wrote: A new suggestion. When adding something to sync for the first time, the synchronization settings window doesn't have any kind of OK or Sync button, so the only way to exit is by hitting back, which isn't really obvious. You might include a Sync button and a Cancel button, so people can choose whether to sync or not.

Yeah I wasn't sure whether I should do it like the "Set content" dialog or the "Video information" dialog. But it always felt awkward to me as well.

PS: Remember that the GUI integration is the most WIP part of all of this Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2015-04-22, 12:06)Montellese Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 12:03)natethomas Wrote: A new suggestion. When adding something to sync for the first time, the synchronization settings window doesn't have any kind of OK or Sync button, so the only way to exit is by hitting back, which isn't really obvious. You might include a Sync button and a Cancel button, so people can choose whether to sync or not.

Yeah I wasn't sure whether I should do it like the "Set content" dialog or the "Video information" dialog. But it always felt awkward to me as well.

PS: Remember that the GUI integration is the most WIP part of all of this Wink

It's possible I'm biased, being so familiar with set content already. Whatever you do though, I recommend against "OK" and "Cancel" since we're theoretically trying to make a push to make buttons actually say what you're about to do.
BTW, I'm testing your most recent updated build for Windows, and Season folders are showing for me now. I haven't updated the server OpenELEC box yet, and I haven't updated and tested the Android box that was having problems before.
Heh, alright, final thing. Is it at all possible to make changes to the artwork on a client box using online content? Right now if I want to change artwork on a client box, I have to physically download it and point Kodi to the downloaded file. At least, I assume this is the case. Once I realized I couldn't just pick from a list of online art, I automatically gave up. Smile
(2015-04-22, 12:16)natethomas Wrote: It's possible I'm biased, being so familiar with set content already. Whatever you do though, I recommend against "OK" and "Cancel" since we're theoretically trying to make a push to make buttons actually say what you're about to do.
The only issue I see is that the action being performed on close depends on the situation. The synchronisation is only started after closing the dialog when the import has just been added. After that it's a simple information and settings dialog.

(2015-04-22, 12:23)natethomas Wrote: Heh, alright, final thing. Is it at all possible to make changes to the artwork on a client box using online content? Right now if I want to change artwork on a client box, I have to physically download it and point Kodi to the downloaded file. At least, I assume this is the case. Once I realized I couldn't just pick from a list of online art, I automatically gave up. Smile
Yeah we don't synchronise the scraped artwork list but only the choosen artwork. There are two ways to get that working:
  • Synchronise that information as well
  • Integrate scraper support into the whole synchronisation process

Obviously the latter is much more work but also cleaner. One problem with changing the artwork of an imported item right now is that this update is not sent back to the media provider so during the next synchronisation you'll end up with the artwork from the media provider again (unless you disable that in the import's settings). In the latest build updating playcount etc on the media provider isn't working either but I fixed that yesterday evening and it will be part of the next build.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Some observations on unavailable items.

If the server is off and you try to play an item, it tells you that the server is unavailable which is nice. If there is a descriptive name like LivingRoom, the user with know exactly where to check and that is good. However, if the server is on but the file is not available, the client fail silently. On the server there is a message that the file is unavailable and ask if you want to remove it. On the client nothing obvious occurs. This is not a new behaviour, it is what occurs on current versions, but with upnp items now in the library, it would be good to get a message.

I have cleaned the library on the server to to see how the client will respond. Will the next sync remove the orphan items or do I have to clean the client library. I have saved the server database with the orphaned files, so that I can test again if you decide to make a change.

Cheers
(2015-04-22, 15:47)LongMan Wrote: If the server is off and you try to play an item, it tells you that the server is unavailable which is nice. If there is a descriptive name like LivingRoom, the user with know exactly where to check and that is good. However, if the server is on but the file is not available, the client fail silently. On the server there is a message that the file is unavailable and ask if you want to remove it. On the client nothing obvious occurs. This is not a new behaviour, it is what occurs on current versions, but with upnp items now in the library, it would be good to get a message.
I'll have to look into if this behaviour is specific to imported items or also local items. Thanks for the extensive testing.

(2015-04-22, 15:47)LongMan Wrote: I have cleaned the library on the server to to see how the client will respond. Will the next sync remove the orphan items or do I have to clean the client library. I have saved the server database with the orphaned files, so that I can test again if you decide to make a change.
If you have enabled full syncing it should automatically remove the items from the client that you removed from the media provider.
Latest test builds: April 22 2015:
Changelog
  • Remove season and tvshow imports after removing an episode import.
  • Marking an imported tvshow and/or season as watched also properly marks all its episodes as watched
  • Updating the watched state on the client applies the same update on the media provider if it is available
I will have to give this some testing when I get a chance however I have a few questions. One of the bigger ones, and it may not be the best point in development for it but, how will things play out with addon imported content??

1) If the DNLA server (Kodi) has plugin://plugin.video.netflix/somecontent in the library pointing to a movie does that get shared out?? If you play that on another machine will it request you install the addon, play and stream, or fail

2) Do watch states sync even if the content is not being shared?? For example if I watch a movie through an addon added to the library will the watch state update to the server's version?? What about cover art??

3) How will duplicates be handled?? If I have a local copy vs DNLA or addon, or addon v DNLA, etc. Which gets used, can I decide??

I live the idea of being able to make a mesh of Kodi systems and have everything sync, plus get addon content in the library. I am just wondering how will everything get synced up and handled.

Hope the questions are appropriate and not to early.

Thanks
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
(2015-04-22, 21:54)poplap Wrote: I will have to give this some testing when I get a chance however I have a few questions. One of the bigger ones, and it may not be the best point in development for it but, how will things play out with addon imported content??

1) If the DNLA server (Kodi) has plugin://plugin.video.netflix/somecontent in the library pointing to a movie does that get shared out?? If you play that on another machine will it request you install the addon, play and stream, or fail
Basically anything that has been imported will not be synced to any other client. Otherwise you will always end up with URLs that you can't handle. And you might end up with syncing something back to the same instance from which you have actually imported the item.

(2015-04-22, 21:54)poplap Wrote: 2) Do watch states sync even if the content is not being shared?? For example if I watch a movie through an addon added to the library will the watch state update to the server's version?? What about cover art??
I don't understand the question. Why should something be synced when it isn't?

(2015-04-22, 21:54)poplap Wrote: 3) How will duplicates be handled?? If I have a local copy vs DNLA or addon, or addon v DNLA, etc. Which gets used, can I decide??
Right now there's no duplicate handling so if you import an item that you also have locally you will see both in your library.
Thats how I figured it would work but want to make sure I understood, thanks. Question two was talking about watch states mostly as DNLA has been discussed as a way to replace MySQL. I was wondering if I have a video coming from a different import would the watch states be synced? But from my understanding of question 1 I guess not which I guess might be a bit out of scope.

As to duplicates I have a bit of a proposal since there is no handling of it yet. I would think it would be best to have an ability to rank content so that the best is automatically chosen. So for example quality over import but Local over same quality. So for example lets say I have Hobbit 1 on blu ray rip but it is also on an available through an addon that is importing top movies or something but also in HD, when I go play it it would select the blu ray version but if I have SD Fringe episodes and the addon has HD versions available then it should use the addon. It could probably be done simply by assigning a property a rank value and then adding them all up for each duplicate, HD +10 DTS +10 Local +5 DNLA +3 Addon +1. Using that the Hobbit 1 blu ray would be 25 compared to the hobbit remote 21 (assuming same quality A/V) however Fringe local would be 5 and and fringe remote 11. If the source is not available (internet loss??) it would be instant -1 as in unplayable. Also if they have the same number then the first is used, also a context menu option for overriding what is used. These should all be definable by the user though coming up with the kinds of properties to use could be a bit of a challenge.

Hope that was clear kinda hard to describe what I see in my head Smile
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
It did as you said and removed the orphaned items from the client when it synced..
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10