• 41(current)
Release LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator
(2015-04-20, 22:49)tret Wrote: I just found this add on today and I'm really digging it. I have found a couple of things that have me scratching my head though, not sure if they are bugs. These may or may not have been reported before.

- The "Include episodes from unwatched TV series" option doesn't appear to be working. Whether enabled or not I see all shows, even those I haven't started yet, listed in the LazyTV show list.
- The "Begin partially watched episodes from their resume point" is great however when picking a partially watched show via the standard TV library, the Start from beginning or resume prompt seems to be broken. Even when picking "Start from beginning" the episode plays from the resume point.

Are these known issues? Any workarounds or planned fixes?

Details:
Asus Chromebox
OpenELEC v5.0.8
Kodi 14.2 (Compiled 3/31/2015)

Thanks!
tret

I too have just started using this addon, the idea is absolutely fantastic but I'm having the same issues as the above user. I wasn't sure if I am doing something wrong. In the setup I have chosen the shows I wish LazyTV to use, yet it insists on using every TV show I have available. The only shows I want in the playlist are the ones that we watch as a family, the other TV shows are specifically for individual use. To that end I was wondering how to make the library playlist random, but only using the selected TV shows rather than everything I have available.

I've tried accessing the shows through "LazyTV" but it only plays one show continuously rather than switching between the shows in the list randomly.

Additionally, are there ways of creating multiple playlists? I don't have multiple accounts at the moment, and would rather not have them to be honest. It would be great to have a "Family" playlist, a "Kids" playlist along with any additional individual playlists.

Just finding my feet with it but I can really see huge potential in this addon so thank you very much for the hard work Smile
(2015-04-24, 16:13)Scotster Wrote: I too have just started using this addon, the idea is absolutely fantastic but I'm having the same issues as the above user. I wasn't sure if I am doing something wrong. In the setup I have chosen the shows I wish LazyTV to use, yet it insists on using every TV show I have available. The only shows I want in the playlist are the ones that we watch as a family, the other TV shows are specifically for individual use. To that end I was wondering how to make the library playlist random, but only using the selected TV shows rather than everything I have available.

I've tried accessing the shows through "LazyTV" but it only plays one show continuously rather than switching between the shows in the list randomly.

Additionally, are there ways of creating multiple playlists? I don't have multiple accounts at the moment, and would rather not have them to be honest. It would be great to have a "Family" playlist, a "Kids" playlist along with any additional individual playlists.

Just finding my feet with it but I can really see huge potential in this addon so thank you very much for the hard work Smile

I cannot replicate the problem with selecting specific tv shows manually, can you provide screenshots of what you are doing?

In the meantime, I would suggest creating a smart playlist of the specific tv shows you want, and setting LazyTV to filter by that rather than the manual selection.
(2015-04-25, 02:50)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 16:13)Scotster Wrote: I too have just started using this addon, the idea is absolutely fantastic but I'm having the same issues as the above user. I wasn't sure if I am doing something wrong. In the setup I have chosen the shows I wish LazyTV to use, yet it insists on using every TV show I have available. The only shows I want in the playlist are the ones that we watch as a family, the other TV shows are specifically for individual use. To that end I was wondering how to make the library playlist random, but only using the selected TV shows rather than everything I have available.

I cannot replicate the problem with selecting specific tv shows manually, can you provide screenshots of what you are doing?

In the meantime, I would suggest creating a smart playlist of the specific tv shows you want, and setting LazyTV to filter by that rather than the manual selection.

I've taken loads of screenshots showing everything I have done. It should also be noted that I've selected for "movies" to be included in the playlists yet they never are.

Here are all my settings before singling out any shows:

I then changes the settings to only show 1 TV series as shown below.

If I go into the "Playlist" this is what I am given. It still shows every TV show in the playlist. I cannot get it to filter out individual shows.

If you notice, neither of the above show any "movies" from my collection. I have lots of movies in the library too as can be seen here....

I've not been able to do the following:

Limit the playlist to only selected TV shows, so that all users can have the same library and filter the results using profiles. Everyone gets the same playlist selection regardless of what I manually select in the settings.
Add watched or unwatched movies into the playlist.
Increase the amount of choices in the playlist. I've selected to allow multiple episodes but it still doesn't add any more.
Skip to the next item in the playlist. I bring up the on screen controls, hit the "Next" button but it does nothing. Only the FFWD button works. I made sure I have play next switched on in the settings.

I've managed to get around it all now by using individual databases for each user, it was a bit painstaking but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Unfortunately that pretty much makes LazyTV redundant for me now. I'll keep an eye on any updates though as having 1 database would be my ideal solution.

Cheers
Hi, I've got LazyTV on The Little Black Box which runs XBMC/Kodi.

I've clicked on the create a clone in the settings with a different name, but it's not showing up in the add-ons menu.

If I search through the files > userdata > addons... -- I can see the file there so it has been created but I can't seem to access it or open it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.
(2015-04-30, 10:24)motorange89 Wrote: Hi, I've got LazyTV on The Little Black Box which runs XBMC/Kodi.

I've clicked on the create a clone in the settings with a different name, but it's not showing up in the add-ons menu.

If I search through the files > userdata > addons... -- I can see the file there so it has been created but I can't seem to access it or open it.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks for your help.

This persists even after restarting?

If you can see the folder, open the addon.xml in there and post the contents to pastebin. That will indicate whether the required file changes actually happened.

That's an Android box right? Might it be that the script isnt actually running due to access issues?
Good Day

I am really new to Kodi as in I've only been playing with it for about 5 hrs so I hope this isnt a dumb question. So the LazyTv addon is amazing but I have two questions and if the answer to either is no I would like to turn them into recommendations.

1) Is there a way to sync LazyTv using Genesis to multiple devices? I have Trakt installed I'm not sure if that helps or not.

2) Is there a way to select which eps I start at. What I mean is I added a bunch of shows to LazyTV by syncing my Genesis to the Library so all the shows started at S01E01 but I have started most of these shows already. It would be cool to be have the option to choose an eps even though the latest eps is the default.

Thank you in advance for any help provided.
Thanks Karnagious! It was just the restart it needed.
(2015-04-30, 21:44)fogotten Wrote: Good Day

I am really new to Kodi as in I've only been playing with it for about 5 hrs so I hope this isnt a dumb question. So the LazyTv addon is amazing but I have two questions and if the answer to either is no I would like to turn them into recommendations.

1) Is there a way to sync LazyTv using Genesis to multiple devices? I have Trakt installed I'm not sure if that helps or not.

2) Is there a way to select which eps I start at. What I mean is I added a bunch of shows to LazyTV by syncing my Genesis to the Library so all the shows started at S01E01 but I have started most of these shows already. It would be cool to be have the option to choose an eps even though the latest eps is the default.

1. Lazytv runs of the kodi library. If those are in sync then so will be lazytv.

2. I don'tknow how genesis works, so don't know if you can import a watched lost into kodi. But you will probably have to browse through your shows, find the last one you watched and mark it as watched in the context menu. Lazytv is designed so that you need to do this for the very last episode you have watched for each TV show.
(2015-04-30, 23:42)Karnagious Wrote:
(2015-04-30, 21:44)fogotten Wrote: Good Day

1. Lazytv runs of the kodi library. If those are in sync then so will be lazytv.

2. I don'tknow how genesis works, so don't know if you can import a watched lost into kodi. But you will probably have to browse through your shows, find the last one you watched and mark it as watched in the context menu. Lazytv is designed so that you need to do this for the very last episode you have watched for each TV show.

This is really helpful. Thank you
This is an awesome addon, THANK YOU. Im using it instead of Suggested/Recommended Media which I think is from data provided by 'Skin Widgets' because although this works with a MySQL database, after you watch an episode the Suggested/Recommended doesnt update.

But, LazyTV seems to work perfectly in this regard with MySQL.

I do have one question. I have LazyTV set to "Produce a List of Next Episodes for each TV series" which works great for me.

In LazyTV I have the options as follows:
- Limit the number of shows = 10
- Sort by = Last Watched
- Exclude Random Play Show = Yes

However I would like the option to use my skin's own windows and views, so I tried creating a smart playlist with LazyTV as a rule, however I cant seem to get the smart playlist to mimic what the "Produce a List of Next Episodes for each TV series" does.

Can you either point me to the correct settings for my smart playlist, or if Kodi cant do this, would it be possible for a future version of LazyTV to produce a 2nd playlist, to mimic the List settings?

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
EDIT: Would it also be possible for the Standard List view to include the episode name? It looks like there is sufficient space underneath the line showing the TV Show Name and sXXeXX details.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I would like to request the option to have LazyTV auto refresh after I select the "Mark As Watched" option.

Pretty much every time I select this item is because I want to watch the latest episode of the show.. I select the option, and LazyTV watermarks the Poster with a "W".

Then I have to select the menu again, and manually refresh so that the next episode poster shows up, and then finally I can play it...

however, if LazyTV could simply atuomatically refresh itself, then I would save myself the extra clicks...

Thanks!
(2015-05-17, 17:08)graulito Wrote: I would like to request the option to have LazyTV auto refresh after I select the "Mark As Watched" option.

Pretty much every time I select this item is because I want to watch the latest episode of the show.. I select the option, and LazyTV watermarks the Poster with a "W".

Then I have to select the menu again, and manually refresh so that the next episode poster shows up, and then finally I can play it...

however, if LazyTV could simply atuomatically refresh itself, then I would save myself the extra clicks...

Thanks!

This would be great. Also if there was an option within lazy tv to see all eps. The reason would be that once an show is added to the list lazy tv can be used to select which eps you would like to start from. Once again. This is an amazing addon
for some reason the next episode prompt does not show up when an episode is played outside of the addon
I would enjoy episode ratings in the watch list. Is there any possibility these will appear in future releases?
Absolutely brilliant service by the way.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LazyTV - an unwatched TV Show playlist generator4