• 53(current)
Win HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)
Making the move to Kodi has not been pleasant for me either, i have spent literally all day today trying to work this out.

I experience fps drop of 1-2fps every now and then. Its not constant, but it seems to happens on pans and basically just happens randomly every 10sec to maybe 30sec.

Now, i have been on Frodo 12.3 for quite a while without any issues at all, but i want to make the move to 14.2 due to add-on support.

What happens is that watching 23.976/24p bluray rips/remux i get this stutter now and then, the fps drops down to 22-23 and then goes up again. I also seem to have some artifacts/blocking in the picture which i did not have on 12.3

I use the same Audio/Video settings as i did on 12.3, newest drivers and i have tried literally every settings without any luck, both in Windows and Kodi

My hardware is: AMD A10-5800k, 8GB 1866, Windows 7 64Bit running through an Yamaha RX-A2010 receiver.

Here is a log file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4nerrz714isdiw/kodi.log?dl=0
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
I think i found the problem!

Deinterlace video has to be set to "Auto" and Deinterlace method to "Auto select", although i used "On" and "De-Interlace" on Frodo, Helix did behave differently on my system.

The choppyness seem to have disappeared, but i'm gonna keep trying out some more video's just to be sure.
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21.0 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
(2015-04-02, 16:59)Simkin84 Wrote: I think i found the problem!

Deinterlace video has to be set to "Auto" and Deinterlace method to "Auto select", although i used "On" and "De-Interlace" on Frodo, Helix did behave differently on my system.

The choppyness seem to have disappeared, but i'm gonna keep trying out some more video's just to be sure.

Simkin84 I have been struggling with the same issues for 2 weeks now! My hardware setup is different so the problem is not related to a specific hardware vendor.
I have tested tones of different settings and tweeks without any improvement. My system is setup with the solution you provided and the issues unfortunetely persist.

Good to know I am not alone though Smile

//BadIdea
Do you have 'Use a full screen window rather than true fullscreen' checked? System\System\Video Output.
Hi steelman1991

The option 'Use a full screen window rather than true fullscreen' is not checked in my settings. If I try to run HD video with this setting enabled then I get even more stutter and horisontal tearing.

//BadIdea

PS. Aero is globally turned off in my Windows7
HTPC: ASRockVision HT; i5-4200M; 1x4GB; Intel HD Graphics 4600; 1TB HDD
TV: LG 55LA620V
AUDIO: LG BB5530AN

I changed skin, I think my audio settings changed. These settings always confuse me, once setup I try to leave alone! I have some posts in the depths of this thread, but I'm not sure how to find them, as the outcome of a few replies set me up!

Anyhow, question. I found quite a few films not playing sound. I tracked this down to the AC3 setting. It's not something I've heard of. Is it similar to DTS etc, and could it just be that my receiver doesn't support it?

So I seem up and running now, WASAPI for both settings, 5.1, (Audio from media centre via HDMI to Demon 1910 receiver, video sent to TV).
Afternoon all.

Im getting this issue now also.

This is my setup:
iMac with Displayport to HDMI adapter > HDMI to Onkyo TXR509 > HDMI to TV

Im running Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4

Running Kodi 14.2

When using any surround sound channel (DTS/Dolby Digital etc) the audio is cutting out for around 2/3 seconds at a time.
This will happen roughly once every 2 or 3 minutes.

Getting quite frustrated with it now as going through this thread, I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Can anyone provide some assistance?

Thanks,
Steven
(2015-05-06, 18:56)Stevenlr Wrote: Afternoon all.

This is my setup:

Running Kodi 14.2

When using any surround sound channel (DTS/Dolby Digital etc) the audio is cutting out for around 2/3 seconds at a time.

Getting quite frustrated with it now as going through this thread, I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Thanks,
Steven

Do you get the same issue if you send the audio to the amp as PCM instead of bitstream? ie. switch off the DTS/Dolby compatabilty options in KODI so it sends the uncompressed audio channels rather the encased format which the amp wpuld decode.
(2015-05-06, 19:54)DrJogalog Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 18:56)Stevenlr Wrote: Afternoon all.

This is my setup:

Running Kodi 14.2

Thanks,
Steven

Do you get the same issue if you send the audio to the amp as PCM instead of bitstream? ie. switch off the DTS/Dolby compatabilty options in KODI so it sends the uncompressed audio channels rather the encased format which the amp wpuld decode.

If i change audio to analog or just disable DTS/AC3 capable receiver, audio functions normally
Does the amp drop the DTS/Dolby signal when this happens or does it think audio is still being transmitted? (Not sure if the 'keep audio alive' setting would be relevant here due to it only being a few seconds).
(2015-05-06, 20:06)DrJogalog Wrote: Does the amp drop the DTS/Dolby signal when this happens or does it think audio is still being transmitted? (Not sure if the 'keep audio alive' setting would be relevant here due to it only being a few seconds).

Just tested changing Keep Audio Device Alive to Off.

No difference.

Also to note, when the issue happens my Onkyo Receiver (Which would normally show DTS on the front) changes to blank until it returns.
Ive got a separate thread in the correct place (Under Mac):
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226295
Hi,
i've the same problem with my Onkyo: I try different kodi version... Also with Ubuntu i've same issue... I've tried to change varius option in kodi but with no luck! Sad
Anyone have same suggestion?
Thank you!

(2015-05-06, 20:44)Stevenlr Wrote:
(2015-05-06, 20:06)DrJogalog Wrote: Does the amp drop the DTS/Dolby signal when this happens or does it think audio is still being transmitted? (Not sure if the 'keep audio alive' setting would be relevant here due to it only being a few seconds).

Just tested changing Keep Audio Device Alive to Off.

No difference.

Also to note, when the issue happens my Onkyo Receiver (Which would normally show DTS on the front) changes to blank until it returns.
As long as it transmits and accepts the PCM singnal's for all channels, you are still getting all the sound regardless of it showing DTS/Dolby on your amp. May not be what you want but the audio is still the same.
Hi,

I've a big problem: when i watch films, ramdom once, video frames and sometimes also audio, are not fluid as jerks. I tried to see film with VLC player and problems disappeard.
So i think that's the problem is KODI.
I also tried to change kodi and tv settings but nothing is changed.
I tried to change kodi version and also with 15 beta 1 nothing is changed

My HTPC: i5 - 4gb Ram ddr3 - Gforce 750 - Tv LG 65UB950V

Please someone can halp me!?? IdeasConfused

Tks

Roberto
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Solve audio problems + video stutter (audio induced)10