• 2(current)
v15 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard
(2015-05-05, 03:47)scott967 Wrote: 7.1.8 is released. See first post in thread for links. Install is from Kodi repository. This release contains all fixes from Helixmod ver 6.1.8, plus several new things for Isengard. As noted in the first post, ffor Isengard the GUI sounds have been removed from skins and are now placed in their own "resource" addons. The same thing is being done for the main Kodi language files. In the case of the language files, they will be "auto-installed" when you select a new language in the settings.
scott s.

Thanks for this Scott. All going smoothly on 15.0 beta on both ARM and windows versions.
(2015-05-06, 23:13)kiryu Wrote: Thanks for this Scott. All going smoothly on 15.0 beta on both ARM and windows versions.

Thanks for the feedback.

scott s.
Man sorry, 7.1.8 works just great, and with 15b1 the few lags and stutters I had in some views are gone now, text ist scrolling smooth, too. Great job you are doing here!!!
The only bug so far is the one above, trying to export the skins settings starts some tvdb browser instead. Do you have any idea?
scott, as the situation with Marcos and MQ6 is a bit escalating at the moment, take my thanks for your ongoing modding support - we all appreciate it!
You're welcome. As I said elsewhere, I am just a user who likes MQ5 and wanted to use it in the latest Kodi versions, also wanted a fix a couple things that I didn't think worked so well in Gotham. As long as I was going to learn the skin I figured I could share and kind of "give-back".

scott s.
Hiya scott,
Skin working fine. A little bug perhaps: when you use the 'dynamic seek', the amount of seek time is shown in the info bar on the bottom of the screen. That's fine ofcourse. However, when you press Pause sometime after, the same seek time is still shown there. I guess that should be erased again, since pausing implies you're not seeking. Wink
(2015-05-11, 14:02)willemd Wrote: Hiya scott,
Skin working fine. A little bug perhaps: when you use the 'dynamic seek', the amount of seek time is shown in the info bar on the bottom of the screen. That's fine ofcourse. However, when you press Pause sometime after, the same seek time is still shown there. I guess that should be erased again, since pausing implies you're not seeking. Wink

Will take a look. I tried to pretty much copy what Confluence is doing, as this whole dynamic seek thing doesn't seem that useful to me.

scott s.
I cloned both of your MOD repositories because this is my favorite skin and I want to see it live on.

I'll help develop if you can give me some pointers for what needs to get done. I'm a perl/python/js hack, but catch on pretty quickly.

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for porting this skin. As already mentioned, the thread for MQ6 is turning sourer so I think your work is really helping to ease the tension!

I have a question about the movie and TV backdrops. Once you use the scraper to update the movie wallpaper in "Settings/Skin Settings/Main Menu/Customise Main Menu/Movies/Fanart Collection / Create update database", and then you subsequently remove any movies or TV Shows, their backdrops remain on the rolling backdrop of the Movies and TV Shows menu item. Can you tell me how I'd remove them? I'm guessing its populating the backdrops by copying them from the videos db but not running a comparison, only a one way copy. Is that the case?

Thanks again.
(2015-05-17, 13:48)Callahan Wrote: Hi Scott,

Many thanks for porting this skin. As already mentioned, the thread for MQ6 is turning sourer so I think your work is really helping to ease the tension!

I have a question about the movie and TV backdrops. Once you use the scraper to update the movie wallpaper in "Settings/Skin Settings/Main Menu/Customise Main Menu/Movies/Fanart Collection / Create update database", and then you subsequently remove any movies or TV Shows, their backdrops remain on the rolling backdrop of the Movies and TV Shows menu item. Can you tell me how I'd remove them? I'm guessing its populating the backdrops by copying them from the videos db but not running a comparison, only a one way copy. Is that the case?

Thanks again.

The skin calls addon "artwork organizer" which must be installed and enabled. Artwork organizer normal operation seems to be to delete any existing storage directories, then create new ones for any activated categories (per addon settings) and copy all the appropriate art type based on what is in the database at the time artwork organizer is run. The default storage location is within addon_data folder under script.artworkorganizer. You can run artwork organizer from within the programs menu if desired. You could probably edit startup.xml to force it to run every time the skin is first loaded.

scott s.
(2015-05-11, 14:02)willemd Wrote: Hiya scott,

OK will be fixed in 7.1.9

scott s.
(2015-03-13, 02:53)scott967 Wrote: You still need to replace the addon.xml file for service.skin.widgets to get proper functioning of the widgets. You can get the mod file here:

https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod.../addon.xml

and just replace the corresponding file in your userdata addons

Hi Scott,

(just found out about this topic lol)

I don't seem to have this addon (skin.widgets) because I can't find any directory.
Nonetheless, my widgets are working fine.Huh
Nevermind, I found it, it was in the addon dir, not the userdata/addon_data dir.
For those also searching, this is the file to replace :

%APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\addon.xml
(2015-05-21, 00:24)djoole Wrote: Nevermind, I found it, it was in the addon dir, not the userdata/addon_data dir.
For those also searching, this is the file to replace :

%APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\service.skin.widgets\addon.xml

Yes, that is the one. Note that the skin.widgets addon has some settings you can tweak. Typically, for any addon when you change a setting, it will create a new file settings.xml in your addon_data (if it doesn't already exist). Some addons will also store data there as well (for example, artist slideshow or artwork organizer).

scott s.
7.1.9, 7.1.9, 7.1.9!! Smile

No i won't stop harassing you until you release it Laugh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 15 Isengard6