• 320(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Oh ok, you never said that.

Anyways one second on google presented me that:
http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f89...29912.html

So my question is more like, what have you actually tried to do yet and where has it failed. I guess you are using kodi on your openelec box? So have you tried to open the context menu and create a new or edit an existing ROM collection to use your retroarch cores?
(2015-04-24, 20:16)hackbird Wrote: Hello malte,

i got two problems with RCB.

1. Can i use RCB with retroarch? When yes how?

2. When i install RCB i got no conf. wizzard on the beginning. So i dont no how to setup my roms into RCB

1. Yeah you can. In emulator params you'll need to use RetroArch command-line parameters to use a specific core for a single collection as well as a specific config file. Recommended to start RetroArch in fullscreen, too.

2. Most likely you need to clear previous collection data. RCB won't ask you to create a conf file if a collection already exists.
I'm running Kodi on Arch Linux and my power settings in Kodi are set to turn off my screen after 10 minutes of inactivity. The problem is that when I play Dolphin on full screen after launching it from Rom Collection Browser it does not register my game-play in Dolphin as activity and shuts my screen off after 10 minutes (set in Kodi). Do any of you have any suggestions on how to fix this? I see that RCB has pre and post commands. Is there a way I can use this to set kodi's screen timeout off? Thanks.

EDIT:
What it looks like I need is an jsonrpc call to set the powersaving setting in kodi to off when RCB starts and then set it back on again after RCB closes. I see a preCMD and postCMD option in the RCB config file. Is there a jsonrpc command that does this?
(2015-04-20, 07:20)malte Wrote:
NessPJ Wrote:1. When i'm inside the ROM collection browser and i press Start (Joybutton9) on my controller instead of Joybutton2 to start a rom, i will be returned to the Kodi Main menu and Rom collection browser will no longer start (it seems to have crashed?). Any ideas whats causing this?
This is an old bug. I know that I already worked on it but I can't remember if I ever managed to fix it. I re-added it to my list.

NessPJ Wrote:2. Always when i return from playing a Rom (emulator closed down), the Rom Collection browser will show the "filter" and search options first no matter which key (up, or down) i press.
I always have to leave this filter menu first to get back to my Rom selection and this is pretty annoying. Is it possible to disable the filter menu?
Same as above. This only happens with certain views (I guess Info 2 view) and does not occur in other views. No idea why this happens.

Thanks for the replies! I will await any further builds and hope you can solve it. Smile
I will try a different view then Info 2.

Some questions about NES/SNES emulation by the way:
What NES emulator do you recommend? Right now i am using Nestopia which works great...but i keep running into the fact that Save states for new games have to be confirmed with Enter the first time before they are written to the folder (eg. Are you sure you want to create this file?). Is there another NES emulator that supports save states which doesn't have this issue?

Everytime i use ZSNES it works fine, but for someone reason, the watchdog script that is being used by RCB always seems to exit or crash prematurely. Therefore when i exit ZSNES my Kodi window will always be ' Windowed' and not returned to ' Fullscreen' automatically. Is there a way to fix this? Smile
http://prntscr.com/72vzic

Hello everyone. (I'm not english so there was a lot of things I was not clear in the explanations. Sorry)

I tried installed amiga games ( https://www.planetemu.net/roms/mame-chds ) and I think I missed a few things. I have this error now and I do not know how to fix. Can you help me? give me a little tutorial for dummies. I would like to install amiga games yet. thank you
(2015-05-06, 11:37)NessPJ Wrote: Some questions about NES/SNES emulation by the way:
What NES emulator do you recommend? Right now i am using Nestopia which works great...but i keep running into the fact that Save states for new games have to be confirmed with Enter the first time before they are written to the folder (eg. Are you sure you want to create this file?). Is there another NES emulator that supports save states which doesn't have this issue?

Everytime i use ZSNES it works fine, but for someone reason, the watchdog script that is being used by RCB always seems to exit or crash prematurely. Therefore when i exit ZSNES my Kodi window will always be ' Windowed' and not returned to ' Fullscreen' automatically. Is there a way to fix this? Smile

NES: Nestopia

SNES: bsnes or, if you don't have the power/don't want to deal with its library system, SNES9x.

Ideally you should get RetroArch. IMO it's the future of emulation.
--Edit--

I realized my wall of text was a bit much for this thread, so I moved this post to its own topic here.
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give RCB a try, I have roms and emulator ready to go.

I hit a brick wall when RCB ask me to pick an SNES emulator. Then list it showes me only has Fustion and Xunity, nothing esle.
I'm guessing I should be able to browers my pc to set my SNES emulator.

I see no option to broswer my pc.
I have checked Kodi 14.2, for some sort of setting that may turn off or on the option to see my harddrives. Can't find anything but i'm sure i'm over looking something.

What am I doing worng?

Thanks
Wink 
First of all i have to say that RCB is great - thank you!

Still, i had to modify something in the code to import a more complex game collection.

Since the ROMs (in fact batch files that are called to start the games) are stored in seperate subfolders (one for each game), the walkDown() function in the dpupdate.py has to go down and up again through all folders below the main folder, like so:

Code:
<main>
    <game1>
        <dir>
            <dirs>
        "batch1" <-- found it
    <game2>
        <dir>
            <dirs>
        "batch2" <-- found it
etc..

I thought a maxFolderDepth of 2 would be sufficient, but it wasn't, since the implementation in walkdown() is apparently wrong. To achive correct recursion, maxFolderDepth must not be changed, but only passed with a new value to the next call of walkDown().

I opened Issue 218 in the issue tracker, with a working and tested solution given in the text.

Hope this is the right way to report!

Edit: ..corrected the formatting above..
Hello,

at the moment i use openelec 5.0.8.
First i install retroarch with RCB over openelec.
Problem the shaders and so on wont be good on the system. I got terrible screens and so on.

Then i test windows 8 with RCB and EPSXE Emulator. Surprise better screen at the games and stable.

Is it now possible with openelec 5.0.8 to add EPSXE and other emulators to work with RCB and not using retroarch?

Thx

hackbird
Malte, long time no talk!

Have you given any thought (I'm sure you have but I cant find the thread) to system shortcuts in favorites? Would be great to put system links directly on the homescreen?
To learn more, click here.
Hello,

after importing games there is no game entry. While importing
the games the files get recognized and game art info like .nfo files
are downloaded and created. What goes wrong, any help is highly
appreciated since I do not know what else to try.

Im using Kodi 14.2-RC1 with different skins. I went back to
Confluence when I recognized not all configurations for the ROM
collection could get saved properly. My ROMs are stored on my
NAS (smb for Kodi). Please see the Kodi.log attached.
RCB is 2.1.2. Kodi is running on Android on my SG5.

Kodi.log

Best regards
getting the could not create artwork error ... whats the fix for this
Having the same issue could not create artwork file. i have added the # to the xbmcgui that i found in another search. But now it wont scrape games correctly. For ex it can find conkers bad fur day which is located on thegamedb website and all the info is there. Does the same on fresh kodi install or existing kodi install
What is the best way too close the emulator with an xbox 360 controller?

Thanks
  • 320(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20