• 11(current)
Release flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon
(2015-05-05, 03:31)pmudgal Wrote: ruuk, had to delete some bits of the log for keeping it within 500 kb, but all flickr mentions are there, http://pastebin.com/wh73A2Fc

Sorry for the late response.
Perhaps you could try re-authorizing the addon from the addon settings. It seems to be some some sort of permissions error. Try that and let me know what happens.
Any clue why "sky or space" is returning results on the website but not in your plugin?
It seems like I can get around it by trying "sky, space" but the number of results doesn't match up with the ones on the website
Hi guys. Is there any way to enable this:
* AddOn displays large thumbs
* AddOn displays large image in bkground (showcase view)
* AddOn displays 'original' in fullscrn/slideshow.

Basically the addon seems to have 2 options (one for the thumbsize and one for the final image).

Final image size is the same size as the 'fanart'-sized background shown in the UI.

What I'm trying to do is make 'large size' for the thumbs, large size for the background and 'original' for fullscreen so we get the best quality available.

Is this possible?
I just have a question about why Flickr in the official Kodi repo is still a version behind? Its 1.06 there still, but your repo has 1.0.7?

v1.07 seems to have been out for more than 3 months. Do you no longer push the latest versions to Kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-05-20, 11:07)PantsOnFire Wrote: Hi guys. Is there any way to enable this:
* AddOn displays large thumbs
* AddOn displays large image in bkground (showcase view)
* AddOn displays 'original' in fullscrn/slideshow.

Basically the addon seems to have 2 options (one for the thumbsize and one for the final image).

Final image size is the same size as the 'fanart'-sized background shown in the UI.

What I'm trying to do is make 'large size' for the thumbs, large size for the background and 'original' for fullscreen so we get the best quality available.

Is this possible?

Probably something I could do. Not sure when I can get around to it. If you want you could open a feature request issue on github so I don't forget about it: https://github.com/ruuk/plugin.image.flickr

(2015-05-29, 10:17)jmh2002 Wrote: I just have a question about why Flickr in the official Kodi repo is still a version behind? Its 1.06 there still, but your repo has 1.0.7?

v1.07 seems to have been out for more than 3 months. Do you no longer push the latest versions to Kodi?

I still do, it's just that I've been extremely busy.
(2015-05-18, 02:56)Razze Wrote: Any clue why "sky or space" is returning results on the website but not in your plugin?
It seems like I can get around it by trying "sky, space" but the number of results doesn't match up with the ones on the website

The plugin is searching for photos by tags. So "sky or space" is searching for photos that have the tag "sky or space" and "sky,space" will search for photos that have either a "sky" or a "space" tag.
The website is doing a free text search. I should probably change the name to 'Search flickr Tags' and make 'Search flickr' be a free text search. See the previous post for how to help me make sure this happens.
Hi,
I'm trying to understand how to authenticate this plugin to Flickr. I have a Flickr (Yahoo) username, and in the flickr URL I see a 9 digit numer.
When I try to 're-authenticate', with an empty username in the plugin-settings, I get the popup referring to http://2ndmind.com/auth, after the 'OK', I have to enter a 9 digit code. Should I get that from 2ndmind.com? I found a place to enter a 9digit (flickr?) ID at https://auth.2ndmind.com/auth, but when I enter the 9 digit flickr ID, I get 'code not entered correctly'.

Sorry for the confusion, but I'm lost.

Btw, I'm using plugin version 1.0.7.

Regards,
Karel
Sorry, I just transferred my domain and hosting and missed the flickr auth page. I'll fix it soon.
Information 
Version 1.0.8

Changes:
  • Change the authentication site url

On the official XBMC repo.
Authorization should work now. I changed the URL to flickr.2ndmind.com which will re-direct to the authentication page for the addon on the flickr site.
Thanks a lot, it works!

Regards,
Karel.
Why does this need the following permissions:

*Upload, Edit, and Replace photos and videos in your account
*Interact with other members' photos and videos (comment, add notes, favorite)

Can't there be just read only, pictures won't be 100% safe after.
(2015-07-01, 23:28)cmos Wrote: Why does this need the following permissions:

*Upload, Edit, and Replace photos and videos in your account
*Interact with other members' photos and videos (comment, add notes, favorite)

Can't there be just read only, pictures won't be 100% safe after.
Because my ShareSocial addon used it to upload images and comment on friends photos. Currently my ShareSocial addon is broken, so I suppose this is no longer needed. In any case, the authorization token is stored on your computer only (unlike web apps where they keep it on their server) so no one can misuse these privileges except you Smile
Hey,

When I open an image from a set, it takes quite a long time load. It seems to be better when I specify to only show 10 pictures on a page. If I set it to 500, it just crashes Kodi.

I assume that it's attempting to load the images next to this one so that when I click next, it would have already cached it?

Anyone else seeing this?
(2015-09-01, 20:18)daruda Wrote: Hey,

When I open an image from a set, it takes quite a long time load. It seems to be better when I specify to only show 10 pictures on a page. If I set it to 500, it just crashes Kodi.

I assume that it's attempting to load the images next to this one so that when I click next, it would have already cached it?

Anyone else seeing this?
This is a known Kodi issue with all picture plugin add-ons. Opening an image creates a slide show off all the images in the folder, starting with the clicked image.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
flickr Media - flickr media image plugin addon6