• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher
Are you saying yo can't switch off overscan on your TV?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-06-10, 21:55)nickr Wrote: Are you saying yo can't switch off overscan on your TV?

That's right it's an old TV I use for the kids, Kodi works fine because you can down size the screen to fit, but ofcourse Chrome is launched full screen, and missing some of the picture.
(2015-06-10, 23:06)drumuk Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 21:55)nickr Wrote: Are you saying yo can't switch off overscan on your TV?

That's right it's an old TV I use for the kids, Kodi works fine because you can down size the screen to fit, but ofcourse Chrome is launched full screen, and missing some of the picture.
Hi
Make a new launcher link to say google and switch off kiosk mode...
start up the link and minimize the browser..then use the mouse and the keyboard shortcuts to resize the blackbox window
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaun...box.1.html
look at the sections after "Window Decorations" in the above link
I did something similar in openbox and it appeared to have worked Smile
(2015-06-11, 05:23)Wozza_au Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 23:06)drumuk Wrote:

Hi
Make a new launcher link to say google and switch off kiosk mode...
start up the link and minimize the browser..then use the mouse and the keyboard shortcuts to resize the blackbox window
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaun...box.1.html
look at the sections after "Window Decorations" in the above link
I did something similar in openbox and it appeared to have worked Smile

Thanks I'll give that a go latter today.
Hi I have 3 questions for you:

1.) Are there any other leanback sites like youtube leanback and viemo leanback that will display like those? If so what are there urls because I searched google and couldnt find any :/

2.) Is it possible to use the yatse remote in kiosk modeHuh I lose all functionallity with the remote when chrome is launched because the commands are still getting sent to kodi. I have kodi running on top of openbox and you added to ability to run a script at launch. Is there anything I can use with this to map the yatse remote to function properly??

3.)If you cant use yatse then when in the chrome launcher my MCEremote (configured in the utility) loses functionality when in kiosk mode. You mentioned in a previous post that it needs a desktop environment to function along with a script. Im running kodibuntu 14 on top of openbox (boots to openbox --> boots kodi). What would I need in a script to allow the remote to function properly??

Thanks ahead of time!
I'm looking for a way to make the individual launchers I create to be linked to my menus.

When I add a menu link under videos, I'd like the shortcut to Netflix, as opposed to Chrome Launcher. Does that make sense? I don't want to have to open another menu to access the launcher.

Is there a way to do this?
Wink 
(2015-06-20, 06:24)dirtikiti Wrote: I'm looking for a way to make the individual launchers I create to be linked to my menus.

When I add a menu link under videos, I'd like the shortcut to Netflix, as opposed to Chrome Launcher. Does that make sense? I don't want to have to open another menu to access the launcher.

I think you just can add them as favorites. Then you can add them the way you want :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Sound goes upon 2nd launch of chrome.

Hi, Not sure if this is a specifically relevant to the Chrome Launcher but hoped someone here could tell me where to look.

I have Kodibuntu which I've recently upgraded to kodi 14.2 2:14.2~git20150327.1058-final-0trusty

Chrome version is stable 43.0.2357.125-1

Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS - XBMCbuntu
Release: 14.04
Codename: trusty

I use Chrome launcher 1.1.4 to launch Netflix. It always seems to work fine the first time I launch it after a reboot, but if I exit Chrome Alt-F4, and start it again, I loose sound.

Here's the pastebin of me starting netflix twice. The first has sound, the second does not. Can you point me in the right direction as to where to look at for this?

http://pastebin.com/cY1vdpYP

I previously has some issues with sound in browsers but turning "Keep audio device alive" OFF sorted them out.. the setting is still off.
The sound setup is just HDMI from the motherboard to the TV. Nothing fancy.
Also - in case it help. If I use Chrome Launcher to fire up YouTube TV immediately after reboot, I get GUI sounds in YoutubeTV, but the videos will not play - just a spinning wheel.
If I Alt-F4 it, and then fire up YouTubeTV from Chrome Launcher again, this time I get no GUI sounds, but the video will play OK!
(2015-06-20, 09:45)pettergulbra Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 06:24)dirtikiti Wrote: I'm looking for a way to make the individual launchers I create to be linked to my menus.

I think you just can add them as favorites. Then you can add them the way you want :-)

...and how do I add favorites to the menus?

I've done exactly this under Aeon Nox. When in Skin Settings, in Setup Main Menu, you can select the default action of a menu item. For me you can drill down to Chrome Launcher (from Apps) and see a list of the launchers. When I select an individual launcher, it actually launches it - but if you exit immediately you have the option of Create Shortcut Here which does what you're looking for.
(2015-06-20, 21:51)daveozzz Wrote:

I've done exactly this under Aeon Nox. When in Skin Settings, in Setup Main Menu, you can select the default action of a menu item. For me you can drill down to Chrome Launcher (from Apps) and see a list of the launchers. When I select an individual launcher, it actually launches it - but if you exit immediately you have the option of Create Shortcut Here which does what you're looking for.

So this is not something that can be done with the normal skin? Ok.
(2015-06-20, 22:01)dirtikiti Wrote: So this is not something that can be done with the normal skin? Ok.

I'm not sure but think it should be possible with the standard skin.
(2015-06-20, 22:04)daveozzz Wrote:
(2015-06-20, 22:01)dirtikiti Wrote: So this is not something that can be done with the normal skin? Ok.

I'm not sure but think it should be possible with the standard skin.

I've been googling it, it doesn't look like it's possible on the Confluence skin without editing configuration files manually. Which solves why I couldn't add the individual "apps" within Chrome Launcher to menus other than Favorites. I guess it's a sub-menu feature included in other skins.
Regarding my problem in post #458.
The key to whether the Chrome window is going to have sound or not, is the following error.

When I get this error upon launching Chrome, I get no sound. If I launch and don't get this error, the sound is OK.
Can anyone say what this error is try to tell us and how to debug it further?

"ERROR: Control 500 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't"
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Chrome Launcher8