• 69(current)
pvr.mythtv add-on
(2015-06-08, 22:52)janbar Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 22:34)HocEman Wrote: I am trying to shave some monthly costs and get rid of my cable set top boxes. I am close to making the switch to using my in place Kodi setup with MythTV as the back end.

I have noticed that many channels are not color coded in the EPG and the category is "unknown." While this is not a deal breaker, it does increase the "wife's lack of tolerance" to any change in our lives.

My searches for solutions have only turned up this article:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/DVB-EIT-categories

It seems to be quite involved and also lacking some info, like where I can find the proper categories for the "conversion script." I am using Schedules Direct to pull the scheduling info, but I am not sure if this is adding to the problem.

Is there a different way to accomplish this? Maybe I have something mis-configured. If I access mythweb, all of the listings are color coded and have the correct category defined.

Any help would be appreciated!
Yes there is: simply copying "default" file pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt to user kodi addon profile of the addon: $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/ .Then update copied files as you need, matching your mythtv categories names with category code.
I doesn't yet write a documentation about, but it will be soon ...

EDIT: the file is loaded on addon startup, so you have to restart kodi to reload updated content

Thanks Janbar!

I am using Windows so I copied the eit_categories.txt from C:\Users\MYUsername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.mythtv\resources\ TO C:\Users\MYUsername\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\pvr.mythtv\

I can see in the Kodi.log that it seems to be loading the categories, but I still have lots of channels that show as "Other/Unknown" and are not colored in the EPG. Based on your response I need to match my mythtv category names with the category code in the eit_categories.txt.

Unfortunately, I do not know where to find the mythtv categories so I can match them up. I am using Mythbuntu as my mythtv back end and I am pulling the schedule information from Schedules Direct. Can someone point me to the location of the XML file, or to somewhere that I can find the mythtv categories? Thanks!
(2015-06-08, 22:52)janbar Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 22:34)HocEman Wrote: I am trying to shave some monthly costs and get rid of my cable set top boxes. I am close to making the switch to using my in place Kodi setup with MythTV as the back end.

I have noticed that many channels are not color coded in the EPG and the category is "unknown." While this is not a deal breaker, it does increase the "wife's lack of tolerance" to any change in our lives.

My searches for solutions have only turned up this article:

http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR/DVB-EIT-categories

It seems to be quite involved and also lacking some info, like where I can find the proper categories for the "conversion script." I am using Schedules Direct to pull the scheduling info, but I am not sure if this is adding to the problem.

Is there a different way to accomplish this? Maybe I have something mis-configured. If I access mythweb, all of the listings are color coded and have the correct category defined.

Any help would be appreciated!
Yes there is: simply copying "default" file pvr.mythtv/resources/eit_categories.txt to user kodi addon profile of the addon: $HOME/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/pvr.mythtv/ .Then update copied files as you need, matching your mythtv categories names with category code.
I doesn't yet write a documentation about, but it will be soon ...

EDIT: the file is loaded on addon startup, so you have to restart kodi to reload updated content

Thanks Janbar!

I am running Windows so I coped the eit_categories.txt file from C:\Users\MYUserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\pvr.mythtv\resources\ TO C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\pvr.mythtv\

From what I can see in the Kodi.log it looks like it is loading the categories, but I still have most channels showing "Other/Unknown" and are not color coded in the EPG.

Based on your response I need to update the eit_categories.txt to match my mythtv categories names to the appropriate code in the file.

Unfortunately I do not know where to find the mythtv categories or codes. I am using Mythbuntu as my back end and Schedules Direct to program the channels. Can someone tell me where the XML is located or where I can find the information need to match the mythtv categories to the eit_categories.txt file. Thanks!

Dupe Post, can be deleted. Sorry!
@HocEman, the file contains default category name for codes:
Code:
0x10;"Movie"
Means 0x10 = category name "Movie". So you have to get list of existing categories from your backend and add row for each linked with code like below:
Code:
0x10;"Film"
0x10;"Movies"
As you see, you can link one code to more names. So keep existing rows in file and add new as needed.

To list your existing category, connect to database of your backend
Code:
mysql -umythtv -p<password> -h<backendIP> mythconverg
and run query to show distinct existing categories for programs:
Code:
select distinct category from program order by category;
(2015-06-09, 20:11)janbar Wrote: @HocEman, the file contains default category name for codes:
Code:
0x10;"Movie"
Means 0x10 = category name "Movie". So you have to get list of existing categories from your backend and add row for each linked with code like below:
Code:
0x10;"Film"
0x10;"Movies"
As you see, you can link one code to more names. So keep existing rows in file and add new as needed.

To list your existing category, connect to database of your backend
Code:
mysql -umythtv -p<password> -h<backendIP> mythconverg
and run query to show distinct existing categories for programs:
Code:
select distinct category from program order by category;

Thanks Janbar, that was exactly what I needed!!

I did a quick test after I got the mysql query result:

mysql category was "children" so I added that to the existing "kids" code
Code:
0x50;"Kids"
0x50;"Children"

The result is now the kid's channels like Disney Jr. show as "Genre: Children's/Youth Programs" and are color coded!

I'll have to go through to match the other categories up.

Now I might want to change the colors, but I think that is a skin setting....
So, I have started having a new issue. No longs yet, as it is not easily reproducible. Will post logs when I can.

Essentially, during playback of a given channel, all of sudden it exits to the main Kodi menu on its own.

After this, it can be restarted, and sometimes will exit right away again, and sometimes continue playing like normal.

Is there a way to record log files without displaying the white text in the top left of the screen, when you enable logging from the system menu?

This happens a lot, but it is at random, because of this I don't want to leave the debug mode (with white text) on until it occurs.

Thanks,
Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#..._debugging
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Janbar,

I've been playing with the 'Timers' screen to try and make it more tolerant of 'Record on Any Channel' and 'Advanced Search' mythtv rules.

I think this makes the 'Timers' tab a bit more useful if (like me) you tend to set up most of your recordings in mythweb but use Kodi as a front end.

I've submitted a pull request https://github.com/janbar/pvr.mythtv/pull/2 with my changes including some 'before' and 'after' screenshots of the Timers window.

It's certainly not perfect, but I think improves things while we wait for proper EPG based timers, which are planned for a future version of Kodi after Isenguard (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228588).

What do you think?
Wow Metaron.
That's a great improvement
Like you I use mythweb power search to add all my shows.

The timer display is much clearer, well done!
(2015-06-14, 05:01)glubbish Wrote: Wow Metaron.
That's a great improvement
Like you I use mythweb power search to add all my shows.

The timer display is much clearer, well done!

What he said!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@glubbish, @nickr: Now that means something coming from you two. Thanks!
Have you found my deliberate mistakes yet? Wink

@janbar: Thanks for commenting on the code so quickly. Finally I understand how a RecordingList becomes a ScheduleList and what the difference is!
(2015-06-15, 19:41)metaron Wrote: Have you found my deliberate mistakes yet? Wink

Nope.
You will have to tell us. Looks great as it is.
(2015-06-13, 03:02)mattlach Wrote: So, I have started having a new issue. No longs yet, as it is not easily reproducible. Will post logs when I can.

Essentially, during playback of a given channel, all of sudden it exits to the main Kodi menu on its own.

After this, it can be restarted, and sometimes will exit right away again, and sometimes continue playing like normal.

Is there a way to record log files without displaying the white text in the top left of the screen, when you enable logging from the system menu?

This happens a lot, but it is at random, because of this I don't want to leave the debug mode (with white text) on until it occurs.

Thanks,
Matt

(2015-06-13, 03:21)nickr Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#..._debugging

Thank you. Have enabled basic log level 1 now, and left a notepad near the TV for my fiance to write down the time of each crash to make it easier to search the logfile. (it always happens when she is watching TV. I never see it.) I will upload this log, and times of occurrences as we collect a few of them.

When I went in to enable the logging, I found that each time kodi crashed it dumped a crashlog (file date corresponds to each time kodi, quits to main screen while watching live TV). Are these of any use?

Here is an example. I have zipped up the rest here, if having more of them helps.

Really appreciate the help!

--Matt
Livingroom: 65" Panasonic Plasma, Denon AVR-x3300w, Parasound A31, Fronts: RBH SX-6300 Towers, Center: RBH 441-se, Surrounds: RBH 41-se Sub: Dual SVS PC13-Ultra, Source: Custom Kodi Box
Desk: DAC: Schiit Modi Multibit,Headphones: Schiit Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650 & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Speakers: Parasound 275v2-> RBH 41-se & SVS SB12-NSD
@janbar

pvr.mythtv (from your doityourself branch) with Kodi 15 rc to mythtv backend 0.28pre

Kodi continuosusly displays
"PVR manager starting up
Loading channels from clients"

message at top of screen when there are exactly 100 channels in a videosource (with visible true).

It seems that pvr.mythtv is requesting next 100 channels even though there are only 100 as indicated by first mythtv ChannelInfoList servicesAPI call.

debug log http://xbmclogs.com/plt4lcg8f

Note official Kodi 14.2 Helix (Windows build) with pvr.mythtv version 1.12.20 also behaves in the same way

mythtv 0.27/5 backend does not exhibit this problem, mythtv ChannelInfoList services API is different on 0.28pre from 0.27/5

Kodi has to be forced closed (as Exit hangs)

Mike
(2015-06-21, 15:37)MikeB2013 Wrote: @janbar
It seems that pvr.mythtv is requesting next 100 channels even though there are only 100 as indicated by first mythtv ChannelInfoList servicesAPI call.
It is a bug (with 0.28pre). The only current work-around is to never have 100/200/300.. channels visible. I will try to fix it quickly.
@MikeB2013 after investigation, seems it is a bug in MythTV backend 0.28-pre. In all ways it no longer takes care for args StartIndex and Count. Even specified the backend returns all channel list !!! breaking the stop guard if you have exactly 100 channels. We should open a ticket in MythTV tracker.

sample call to run the bug: http://<backendIP>:6544/Channel/GetChannelInfoList?StartIndex=10&Count=2&SourceID=1&OnlyVisible=true&Details=false will return the full list.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.mythtv add-on1