Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 279(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
hi does anyone know how to get youtube working for movie trailers instead of apple trailers,it doesnt seem to give me the option to change it.

thanks
Sad 
I have no idea what has happened....I had Cinema Experience working perfectly (minus any use of home_automation.py)

Movie Intro, Traliers, Tralier Outro, Countdown, and Feature Presentation Intros were all set and working 100%

I decided to start trying to work with Home_automation in an attempt to get my LimitlessLED Bulbs to Dim at the start of the Countdown Video and the Brighten at the Feature Presentation Outro

Now all of the sudden when I try to launch Cinema Experience Script from the Context menu...the screen dim like normal a few seconds after making the selection...but then it hangs for about 30 seconds and then Kodi crashes and goes back to home on the reload.

I have tried Uninstalling the Cinema Experience plugin, even deleted the folder for Cinema Experience in User_Data to purge the settings for the plugin. Then I re-installed the plugin, setting everything back up as far as the Intro/Outro and Trailer Selections, but left out the home_automation and didn't even attempt to enable it this time...and still when I try to launch the plugin from context...kodi hangs/freezes and then crashes

I am running OPENELEC on RPi2 using a Custom Modified Confluence Skin so that I have the Cinema button in the Context Menu

Here is the Kodi.Log
Kodi Log

Here is the Kodi_Crashlog.Log
Kodi Crash Log

other than reverting to a backup to a point before Cinema Experience was installed and starting from scratch there (which I'm trying to avoid, since my last backup was over a month ago) I am not sure what went wrong...or why for the last 3 days the Cinema Experience Script worked flawlessly until I started playing with the Home_Automation.py

Please HELP! lol

EDIT:

Okay so I UNSTALLED the plugin a second time, PURGED the Cinema Experience folder in User_Data...as well as PURGED the cinema experience.zip contained within addons\packages and completey SHUTDOWN instead of just rebooting...
Cleared Kodi Cache on restart, Reinstalled the CE Plugin, Shutdown (instead of Reboot), Restarted, Setup the CE Plugin once more...and now its working again...
I still have no clue what was causing the script to crash kodi..
I guess I just need some help on getting the Home_Automation.py to send the necessary UDP Hex commands to my LimitlessLED/Milight Bridge to have control over the Lights
(and I am Clueless on how to do this) But determined to figure it out...because 3 months ago, I didn't have an RPi2; so this is all New to me..
But in the 3 months...I have put together my own RPi2 running OPENELEC/Kodi for the sole purpose of have Lightberry Ambilight Hardware addon on my TV (Which works with Awesome Sauce btw) so I thought this Cinema Experience script with Home Automation for lighting control would just be Icing on a very delicious cake!

EDIT #2:

And tried a third movie using the CE script...and back to freeze/crashing Sad

EDIT #3:
A Couple a reboots, and then it works....something is up...and I'm to dumb to figure it out lol

EDIT #4:
Aside from these random crashes or freezes; can someone point in the right direction for dimming my lights using the Home_automation.py

I found some python script info related to my lights on http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/

and using an example of some python code there, I think this is the code I want to run when the countdown video begins

Code:
import socket

UDP_IP = "192.168.1.12" #this is the IP of the wifi bridge, or 255.255.255.255 for UDP broadcast
UDP_PORT = 8899

MESSAGE1 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE2 = "\x4E\x02\x55" #Dim Lights to Low
MESSAGE3 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE4 = "\x40\x90\x55" #Set Lights to Color
MESSAGE5 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE6 = "\x4E\x02\x55" #Dim Color Lights to Low

print "UDP target IP:", UDP_IP #don't really need this
print "UDP target port:", UDP_PORT #don't really need this
print "message:", MESSAGE1 #don't really need this

sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET,socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
sock.sendto(MESSAGE1, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE2, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE3, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE4, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE5, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE6, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))

at least I think I got that right...I honestly have no idea what I'm doing haha

EDIT # 5
Got it! $$$
My lights now dim when I want the to...I had to modify the python code for eventghost action as follows
Code:
import socket

UDP_IP = "192.168.1.12" #this is the IP of the wifi bridge, or 255.255.255.255 for UDP broadcast
UDP_PORT = 8899

MESSAGE1 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE2 = "\x4E\x02\x55" #Dim Lights to Low
MESSAGE3 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE4 = "\x40\x90\x55" #Set Lights to Color
MESSAGE5 = "\x42\x00\x55" #Select All Light Groups
MESSAGE6 = "\x4E\x02\x55" #Dim Color Lights to Low

print "UDP target IP:", UDP_IP #don't really need this
print "UDP target port:", UDP_PORT #don't really need this
print "message:", MESSAGE1 #don't really need this

sock.sendto(MESSAGE1, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE2, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE3, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE4, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE5, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))
sock.sendto(MESSAGE6, (UDP_IP, UDP_PORT))

now they DIM at the countdown, and brighten at Presentation Outro! Yay! and I still have no idea what I'm doing or how I made it happen lol
I was using latest CE with the modified Confluence skin on XBMC. To add a Cinema button from the info page, I added some code to an xml file as outlined here:

https://sites.google.com/site/ceslidestr...gure-skins

Now that I’ve upgraded to Kodi Helix, I can’t seem to locate the same directory to add the code to the xml file.

Where did it go, or is there another method for Kodi?

I was fumbling around and discovered that if I enabled the setting to launch CE when play is pressed it worked, so that will be a good “Plan B.”

Anyone have any ideas on this?
Hi,

if this is interesting for some milight users, i have a pyhton script that is configured as a boblight device so i can drive 2 stripes and 4 bulbs in my living room with the main color of the screen, i modified it so that if there is no playback that they turn off instead of going to white mode.

I have still some issues with the script and iam very bad with python script language so if someone is interested i will poste it and i could maybe improved.

http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Threa...-Versuche/

Regards X23
Surprising this add-on hasn't been updated or another similar one created if the developer is no longer able to work on it. Seems to be a popular and extremely cool system. Has anyone else found anything like it that might take it's place if this one eventually stops working?
(2015-06-18, 21:12)C.Taylor Wrote: Surprising this add-on hasn't been updated or another similar one created if the developer is no longer able to work on it. Seems to be a popular and extremely cool system. Has anyone else found anything like it that might take it's place if this one eventually stops working?

We're working on it! After months of radio silence from giftie, and no new builds or features, and with Kodi 15 on the horizon, we decided to move forward creating an add-on. We're footing the bill for all of the work, and we've hired a very well known Kodi developer to take on the project. He knows Kodi inside and out, and is working on it right now. No release date, features or official announcements just yet, but watch for news soon! Big Grin
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Yeah! I like this addon so very much!!! Please hurry! Just kidding. Do your best however long it takes!
(2015-06-18, 21:54)kgian Wrote: Yeah! I like this addon so very much!!! Please hurry! Just kidding. Do your best however long it takes!

Believe me, we're moving as fast as we can! Development started a just few weeks ago, but we're very excited to get what we've dreamed up out to the community. I can tell you that it's going to be done the right way, the first time. Unfortunately that basically means it'll be ready when it's ready. We do have the right team working on it, so that's good news.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-06-18, 21:20)CinemaVision Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 21:12)C.Taylor Wrote: Surprising this add-on hasn't been updated or another similar one created if the developer is no longer able to work on it. Seems to be a popular and extremely cool system. Has anyone else found anything like it that might take it's place if this one eventually stops working?

We're working on it! After months of radio silence from giftie, and no new builds or features, and with Kodi 15 on the horizon, we decided to move forward creating an add-on. We're footing the bill for all of the work, and we've hired a very well known Kodi developer to take on the project. He knows Kodi inside and out, and is working on it right now. No release date, features or official announcements just yet, but watch for news soon! Big Grin

Well that sounds promising.
Is the possibility of trailers from french site (like allocine) is envisaged?
(2015-06-18, 23:33)Levi59 Wrote: Is the possibility of trailers from french site (like allocine) is envisaged?

As of this moment, we are looking only at trailers from Apple Trailers and possibly YouTube. I just sent the question over to the developer, because you bring up a good point. We need to figure out how to make this work for all of our friends around the world. We'll see what solutions he comes up with, and thanks for the suggestion!

I used CE some time ago but as i don't want to search and download for new trailer each week, I configured CE to display random trailer but the problem was that they were all in English but mostly there were no subtitles ... So it quickly became annoying.

Since I expect that a language option for the video or subtitles is added ... It would be great if so.
I use CE to display 2 random trailers before the movie and a sound intro according to the sound format the movie uses. The random trailers buffer heavily before starting and sometimes during playback stop and buffer again. When I play the same trailers through the apple trailers addon they play straight without any prior buffering. I have 12mbps stable connection.
(2015-06-18, 21:20)CinemaVision Wrote: We're working on it! After months of radio silence from giftie, and no new builds or features, and with Kodi 15 on the horizon, we decided to move forward creating an add-on. We're footing the bill for all of the work, and we've hired a very well known Kodi developer to take on the project. He knows Kodi inside and out, and is working on it right now.

That is FANTASTIC news! This is a SOLID add-On for Kodi. In my opinion, this is something that should be included with the core app, and maintained on my the Kodi team. Many thanks to giftie for getting the ball rolling, and it now looks like it is in good hands again!
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
(2015-06-19, 17:45)JohnWPB Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 21:20)CinemaVision Wrote: We're working on it! After months of radio silence from giftie, and no new builds or features, and with Kodi 15 on the horizon, we decided to move forward creating an add-on. We're footing the bill for all of the work, and we've hired a very well known Kodi developer to take on the project. He knows Kodi inside and out, and is working on it right now.

That is FANTASTIC news! This is a SOLID add-On for Kodi. In my opinion, this is something that should be included with the core app, and maintained on my the Kodi team. Many thanks to giftie for getting the ball rolling, and it now looks like it is in good hands again!

Shhhhhhh! Don't say that the Kodi team should do anything that would benefit all sorts of people. They'll call you greedy and selfish for it!
  • 279(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24