• 3(current)
Stalker PVR client for Stalker Middleware
Hi friends... [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I've never configured EPG (I just never got around to figuring that out), so I should ask here (thank you) ...

@Syaoran, (or anyone =Smile) ... Is Rocket an EPG service? If yes, does one simply configure parameters for using Rocket (or any other EPG service one for that matter) within the Stalker PVR configuration section? Or should EPG still be configured somewhere else in Kodi?

Again, I've never configured EPG.

Note that I use Stalker PVR v0.8.0.

Thank you! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
(2015-05-26, 06:13)reekotubbs Wrote:
(2015-05-14, 04:07)node Wrote: How does one lock the adult programming, does not seems to work.
Make sure you have a password setup in Parental Control under Settings, then bring up the context menu for the channel you want to lock and choose lock channel.

Thanks was able to set it as you said.
I want to use a paid provider with the client, but you have to register the STB and it then sends the box an 'approval code'. Is there away to receive this code through Kodi/The Stalker PVR, or is there a way this could be included?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Hello.

I have had constant buffering issue for several weeks now (using the iptvPrivateServer. tv feed). Am using Kodi v15. 0-RC1 + Stalker PVR v0.8.0 (complied for Linux).

This has worked perfectly before. Are others seeing constant buffering issue, too?

Thanks
I am having lots of buffering as well.
Fire TV with 15 beta 2
Hi Anon1840...

Btw, what versions of everything do you use, including the O/S?

It might be helpful to watchers of this thread. Smile.

Thank you.
Anon1840,

Ignore my last request message to you. I didn't see your setup configuration before (but now I do). Sorry.
(2015-06-24, 04:29)nyceyes Wrote: Anon1840,

Ignore my last request message to you. I didn't see your setup configuration before (but now I do). Sorry.

what device are you running your linux on please. mine keeps saying can't load dll on my m8 box running openelec 6 beta 2.
Hello...

I run it off of a powerful 64bit ASUS laptop (that runs FEDORA 20). It's my media center. It has a hard wired Ethernet connection.

And to provide more information...

I always compile every thing from scratch. So I compile:

- Kodi v15
- Stalker PVR plugin
- platform framework
- kodi-platform framework

Both frameworks are required to compile Stalker PVR, and are available on GitHub.

It all generally works 100%. But lately I've been experiencing constant buffering across all channels. I don't know if it's the PVR client or Kodi or the Stream source itself intermittently having problems (iptvPrivateServer.tv).

This morning it appears to be fine, but that doesn't mean that later it won't be fine. This implies the source itself, but it could be software, too (for example, maybe it's not handling the source stream well during peak loads... Who knows. =Smile).
Update: My Windows-8 setup also experienced this issue, so that eliminates my hand compilation of Kodi (and also Stalker PVR) for Linux as being as suspect.

That said, both Linux and Windows have been streaming better the last few days. Smile So that's encouraging.
Ok i have to ask what the difference is between stalker pvr client and the add on? Ive been told they went to a paid service, if its the rocket service? Then how do u get that?
Nope, Stalker PVR is free, and so is using it. Though it is installed like any other Kodi addon, it is technically middle-ware that extends Kodi's functionality.

Anyway, after add in the Stalker PVR, you then have go to it's configuration section and configure two things: (1) the content source stream URL (plus a MAC address tweak) and (2) the URL of a channel guide service. This is where, if you want to pay for a guide service (like Rocket) you can, but there is a free one out there (I use - http://is.gd/NFFSF).
(2015-04-19, 22:54)kenji123 Wrote: Possible future features
  • Timeshifting

I hope this gets add. I'm using the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick and the guide is an hour off, even after I adjust my server settings for daylight savings time. Sad
(2015-06-27, 09:39)nyceyes Wrote: Nope, Stalker PVR is free, and so is using it. Though it is installed like any other Kodi addon, it is technically middle-ware that extends Kodi's functionality.

Anyway, after add in the Stalker PVR, you then have go to it's configuration section and configure two things: (1) the content source stream URL (plus a MAC address tweak) and (2) the URL of a channel guide service. This is where, if you want to pay for a guide service (like Rocket) you can, but there is a free one out there (I use - http://is.gd/NFFSF).

Thank u! I did find that thru a different iptv forum which i also joined called feta? I believe? And have it set up on my mac pro running kodi 15 beta 2.....

Unfortunately i have an ouya and will need to hack it with cyanogen mod in order to get 15 kodi to load and this use the stalker pvr.... From what ive seen and read as stalker pvr is now included within kodi 15 beta 2.....
I wonder if that inclusion of Stalker PVR in Kodi v15b2 and beyond means for all operating systems. Being a Linux user, I hope so. But since Kodi for Linux requires compilation for anything that's not Ubuntu, maybe not. Sad
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stalker PVR client for Stalker Middleware2