• 324(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-06-30, 03:33)kcallawa Wrote: Chromebox M004U running standalone Openelec (latest stable version) on Samsung 1080p LED suddenly stopped detecting video output. Has been working terrific for months and as of this morning, the HDMI output is detected when the device is powered on, but there is no video output anymore. TV screen says "Searching for Signals" and will no longer display anything other than that. I have another Chromebox and tried it as well and it's having the same issue. Both boxes work perfectly on different TVs.

Tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI port and nothing worked.Thought it could be a bad HDMI port but my laptop connected without issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

are you able to connect via ssh? If so, you can try manually enabling the HDMI output that way using 'xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto'
I will give that a try.
That seemed to fix it. I don't know why it would have stopped working but it works now!! Thanks for your help Matt.
(2015-06-30, 05:18)kcallawa01 Wrote: That seemed to fix it. I don't know why it would have stopped working but it works now!! Thanks for your help Matt.

good deal. If the issue persists upon reboot, you can simply create an autostart.sh file with that command and it should take care of it.
Dell Business has the Dell Chromebox 4th Generation Haswell Celeron Dual-Core Desktop with Chrome OS (2014 model) for $149 - $20 off with code 05BBRZ5PFNTR9J [Exp 7/31] = $129 with free shipping. Measures a diminutive 4.9" x 4.9" x 1.7".

Intel Celeron 2955U 1.4GHz, 2GB DDR3, 16GB SSD
802.11ac, BT 4.0, Gigabit ethernet, DisplayPort, HDMI
I had the wrtite-protect disable on my Samsung Chromebox and running for a few seconds before power was accidently cut off. Now the LED on the power switch does not light up anymore and unit is totally dead. Please help
(2015-06-30, 18:01)sammydottee Wrote: I had the wrtite-protect disable on my Samsung Chromebox and running for a few seconds before power was accidently cut off. Now the LED on the power switch does not light up anymore and unit is totally dead. Please help

a sudden loss of power when the box is running normally wouldn't cause it to not power back on. What were you doing when power was lost? Assume you've tried disconnecting power for a minute then retrying?
Yes, you are correct
(2015-06-30, 19:09)sammydottee Wrote: Yes, you are correct

(2015-06-30, 18:32)Matt Devo Wrote: a sudden loss of power when the box is running normally wouldn't cause it to not power back on. What were you doing when power was lost? Assume you've tried disconnecting power for a minute then retrying?
The AcC power was pulled while it start erasing something. The HDMI to the monitor came off so I did not know exactl what was happening but it was within 1 minute that the power was turn on the unit.
(2015-06-30, 19:18)sammydottee Wrote: The AcC power was pulled while it start erasing something. The HDMI to the monitor came off so I did not know exactl what was happening but it was within 1 minute that the power was turn on the unit.

so, while you were in the middle of updating the firmware via the script? If so, that explains the issue - your firmware chip is now either blank or corrupted. You'll need to flash it with an external programmer (bus pirate, raspberry pi, beaglebone black) to fix it. If you're in the US and don't want to tackle it yourself, I provide free firmware/repair services, just shoot me a PM.
Has anyone ever experience playback of a file (That worked fine yesterday) just stopping on it's own after a few seconds, also the GUI (TV Shows > Recently added) was flashing every few seconds in a similar fashion which I assume was the cause of playback stopping (I am using the latest firmware and OpenELEC 5.95.2 on my ASUS Chromebox). It is hot here today and the box has been in standby since last night but the CPU only read 36 degC in the menu.

I just left it flashing in the menu for a few minutes after a full power cycle then it stopped and now works ok.
Matt Devo, since I am new, i do not have enough privileges to send to emails to you yet
(2015-06-30, 19:50)sammydottee Wrote: Matt Devo, since I am new, i do not have enough privileges to send to emails to you yet

ok, sent you a PM with my email
So I have attempted to run the ez script. Everything seemed ok. I got all the way to the seaBIOS boot screen where you boot from the usb except it didn't create an openelec usb. Is there any way to get back to that to create one? Or a way to start over?
  • 324(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37