• 325(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-07-01, 01:47)Luketyson7 Wrote: So I have attempted to run the ez script. Everything seemed ok. I got all the way to the seaBIOS boot screen where you boot from the usb except it didn't create an openelec usb. Is there any way to get back to that to create one? Or a way to start over?

just follow the instructions on the OpenELEC wiki to create the install media, like every other (non-ChromeBox) OpenELEC user. There's links to the download and the instructions on the Kodi ChromeBox wiki page.
ok thanks. What version would I need?
(2015-07-01, 02:07)Luketyson7 Wrote: ok thanks. What version would I need?

RTFW
thank you. Sorry I didn't even see that.
I'm up and running. I really do appreciate the help.
(2015-07-01, 03:36)Luketyson7 Wrote: I'm up and running. I really do appreciate the help.

glad to hear Smile
Quick and maybe stupid question. I have skimmed the thread, read some 10 pages but I must have missed it.
Is disabling Firmware Write Protect absolutelly necessary or do I correctly understand with it enabled I might still be able to have dual boot setup with 30 s boot delay? I don't feel capable of dissassembling my HP ChromeBox and I just would like to test this out before trying to find someone who can do that part for me.
deleted text - due to correction below....

If you feel uncomfortable in disabling write, search YouTube for some videos that show you how. It may ease your fears.

It is easier to do than searching these forums Big Grin
(2015-07-01, 12:35)pvagner Wrote: Quick and maybe stupid question. I have skimmed the thread, read some 10 pages but I must have missed it.
Is disabling Firmware Write Protect absolutelly necessary or do I correctly understand with it enabled I might still be able to have dual boot setup with 30 s boot delay? I don't feel capable of dissassembling my HP ChromeBox and I just would like to test this out before trying to find someone who can do that part for me.

You do not need to remove the write protect screw for a dual boot setup if you're not going to change the boot options, though I recommend doing it at the beginning so you don't have to open up the box down the road. And even if you don't want to change the boot delay, you should use the script option to set it anyway, since it will prevent accidentally leaving developer mode (via spacebar) on the boot screen.
I'd like to report my experience the OpenELEC beta 5.92.2 and a Dell Chromebox Celeron 2957u setup. I'm experiencing an apparent known bug that was supposed to have been addressed in 5.0+
Essentially, the audio plays fine but the video intermittently drops out for 5-10 seconds, at a random rate (could be seconds between drops, could be minutes) on any movie I watch.

The wiki seems say that this behavior is a thing of the past and that I shouldn't have encountered it in a release after 5.0.
"Video Playback:
An Intel Linux video driver bug causes intermittent freezes where the video locks up but audio keeps playing. Solution: This issue is fixed as of OpenELEC 5.0.0; users running a different Linux distro should be sure to update their kernel to 3.18.4 or 3.19.0 (or newer)."

I installed the beta 5.92.2 following directions from the chromebox wiki, standalone boot - http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox and set the recommended parameters found in the article. Install was smooth, but when connected to Yamaha vx777 receiver piped to a Epson 3020 projector, I had the problem described above. I've fiddled with holding refresh rate static, adapting colorspace to 16-235, checking both the upconvert and passthrough features of the Yamy receiver too. I've checked different hdmi ports on the receiver, different cables, run the movies with another player (old bullet proof popcorn hour a110). I also then ran the chromebox straight to the projector and still had the issues-- so I'm able to say the Yamaha isn't causing the issue.

Any ideas on how to address? I can install the stable build but since the issue was fixed in 5.0 and I'm running a 5.0+ client in 5.92.2 right now, I'm not holding out much hope that the stable build fixes it. Thank you for time!
Not your bug. Please post relevant logfiles.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-07-05, 07:42)scenery Wrote: I'd like to report my experience the OpenELEC beta 5.92.2 and a Dell Chromebox Celeron 2957u setup. I'm experiencing an apparent known bug that was supposed to have been addressed in 5.0+
Essentially, the audio plays fine but the video intermittently drops out for 5-10 seconds, at a random rate (could be seconds between drops, could be minutes) on any movie I watch.

<snip>

Any ideas on how to address? I can install the stable build but since the issue was fixed in 5.0 and I'm running a 5.0+ client in 5.92.2 right now, I'm not holding out much hope that the stable build fixes it. Thank you for time!

no, you're experiencing something else with similar symptoms. And as fritsch said, exactly what can't be determined without the relevant log files, at detailed in the first post of this thread.

stab in the dark, since it's affecting every movie you have tried, I'm guessing you're seeing network dropouts. Feel free to try with content from local or USB-attached media before posting logs.
Hi matt. I'm running openelec standalone and was wondering if it was possible to put chrome os (I created the flash drive backup) on a flash stick to boot into? I didn't want to dual boot as it states in the wiki there are problems with openelec suspend. Thanks
Not actual Chrome OS, but you can run Chromium OS. Won't autoupdate, and no GPU acceleration AFAIK.
(2015-07-05, 14:06)Soli Wrote: Not actual Chrome OS, but you can run Chromium OS. Won't autoupdate, and no GPU acceleration AFAIK.

I tried that but couldn't get it to connect to the Internet Sad
  • 325(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37