• 71(current)
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)
I would imagine you're spot on - the SMB share was down when the backup started and some kind of file read/write procedure hung the whole thing. Once the process to write a file is handed off to the Kodi virtual filesystem it is out of my hands as far as error detecting goes. I know weird things can happen when paths that are supposed to be available no longer are, so this must have broken something it couldn't recover from. If I have time I'll run some tests trying this but my guess is that is the cause.
Rob I got a path error doing a restore. I will upload the log tomorrow for you.

Here is the Log I got:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99zrtelrt3jvq4...9.log?dl=1
Can you utilize the Back Up app from Android to PC?
Yes you can, but some of the GUISETTINGS will not transfer across, like screen calibration, OS specific paths etc.
[/quote]

What you ran is not this addon. You're running the "XML Backup" addon created by Kinkin. Not sure where it is from but I can't find reference to it on the official Kodi Repo. I did do a google search and found the source code on this site: http://addons.tvaddons.ag/show/plugin.video.XMLbackup/. I looked through it quick as I was curious. Looks like that addon only backs up XML files from the addon_data and userdata directories. These are the core config files but don't include your database or anything. It is also using the built in python shutil library to do the copying. This isn't bad but it means the backup directory you specify has to be a local directory, not network paths. From the error you're seeing it looks like you tried to use an SMB path. That won't work the way the addon is written. That's about as much help as I can give as this was created by someone else. If there is a forum for that addon you might try posting there.
[/quote]

Hey Rob.... I'm back

Finally I was able to uninstall the other backup and install yours XBMC Backup, but still problems.... Remember I have a Amazon Fire Stick (not rooted) with Gotham 13.2.... I wan to backup my data (add ons, etc) so I can update the XBMC.... However the backup does not run, I was not able to install from zip but, I was able to install from TR Total Installer v.2.... Can you take a look of the log file and please help me out?

http://xbmclogs.com/p1ca32kfu

Thank you
I had a wee search of the thread but couldn't find my answer. Is there anyway of turning off the startup notification of when my next backup is?
And if possible can you provide in the settings with a way of turning this on and off.
(2015-07-07, 15:32)kpitao Wrote: Hey Rob.... I'm back

Finally I was able to uninstall the other backup and install yours XBMC Backup, but still problems.... Remember I have a Amazon Fire Stick (not rooted) with Gotham 13.2.... I wan to backup my data (add ons, etc) so I can update the XBMC.... However the backup does not run, I was not able to install from zip but, I was able to install from TR Total Installer v.2.... Can you take a look of the log file and please help me out?

Thank you

I do see where the script tried to run in the log. What version of the addon are you installing? The error says there is an import problem with the module "six". This is a module that is in the Kodi repo - but this addon doesn't use it until the Helix version of the addon. It was something needed for the Google Drive filesystem. It is not needed on Gotham - so I think you probably installed the Helix version of the backup addon. Also, if you install from zip you don't always get the dependencies to download like you would if you installed from the Kodi Repo.

I'm not familiar with the Fire TV version of Kodi - but does it have the official Kodi repo? You should just be able to download it right through the addon browser and get the correct version for your version of Kodi, with dependencies. If you can't try this branch on github, it is for the Gotham version of the addon. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/t...tham-0.6.1.

(2015-07-08, 07:46)mtoddster Wrote: I had a wee search of the thread but couldn't find my answer. Is there anyway of turning off the startup notification of when my next backup is?
And if possible can you provide in the settings with a way of turning this on and off.

If you have the "progress mode" set to "None" in the settings that will disable the dialog on startup when you have scheduled backups.
(2015-07-08, 15:46)robweber Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 15:32)kpitao Wrote: Hey Rob.... I'm back

Thank you

I do see where the script tried to run in the log. What version of the addon are you installing? The error says there is an import problem with the module "six". This is a module that is in the Kodi repo - but this addon doesn't use it until the Helix version of the addon. It was something needed for the Google Drive filesystem. It is not needed on Gotham - so I think you probably installed the Helix version of the backup addon. Also, if you install from zip you don't always get the dependencies to download like you would if you installed from the Kodi Repo.

I'm not familiar with the Fire TV version of Kodi - but does it have the official Kodi repo? You should just be able to download it right through the addon browser and get the correct version for your version of Kodi, with dependencies. If you can't try this branch on github, it is for the Gotham version of the addon. https://github.com/robweber/xbmcbackup/t...tham-0.6.1.

(2015-07-08, 07:46)mtoddster Wrote: I had a wee search of the thread but couldn't find my answer. Is there anyway of turning off the startup notification of when my next backup is?

If you have the "progress mode" set to "None" in the settings that will disable the dialog on startup when you have scheduled backups.

It still shows up despite the fact I have the progress mode set to none?
I guess you're right. I was looking in the wrong spot. It looks like that notification just displays to alert you when the next time is. I'll think about adding a way to hide this. I'm all for customization but this seems kind of nit-picky to me. Next I'll be adding settings for what format the dates are displayed in or if it puts dashes, dots, or underscores in filenames.

Most likely I'll just add a check for the progress bar setting as this is typically the user preference for notifications. This keeps it pretty easy for the end-user. I don't think an additional setting just for that one notification is necessary.
Howdy,
I'd asked this question earlier but have gotten no response so I'll try again ...
I've asked the addon to back up 2 custom folders. Both are backed up but not as expected. Neither folder recurses into sub-folders of the requested custom folder.
Is this normal behavior? Is there a switch or setting I can use that will cause the addon to include all sub-folders? Is there any workaround one can use to cause the addon to I include all sub-folders under the custom folder?
Any help or advice is much appreciated.
Dr Dan
I believe I answered that question here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2033222

It was a response, to another response so I can see why you might have missed it. In any case I think the issue is fixed, but the code has not been pushed from github to the main repo yet. I wanted to play with the zip file errors and get that fix done as well. I believe everything is working OK now so I'll try and get this pushed to the main repo in the next day or so.
Thanks a million Rob. I see the other thread as you suspected. I have no problem running off a "Master" but don't really understand how to do that or even what it means. At any rate I'm happy sitting still and awaiting a fix.
My very best regards to you,
Dr Dan
Is there a way to make this addon backup and restore autostart.sh as part of the same process that backs up and restores the other files? The reason I ask is because I want it to restore guisettings.xml by placing my autostart.sh script in the directory with the following code:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
(sleep 20; \
rm -rf /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml; \
cp /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.xbmcbackup/guisettings.xml /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
)&

I can hide a fresh guisettings.xml file in the xbmcbackup folder that would be copied into the userdata folder on startup, thus getting around that file being overwritten during shutdown

I really really need to make this work. I have machines running the same setup in different areas and don't want to have to copy each one over manually.
Have you tried doing a force close after the backup finishes?
Hi Rob,

First of all what a great addon!
I've been new with Kodi en Raspberry PI 2 but using this addons now for a couple of weeks.
I use the backup and restore option through my nas network and it works perfectly.
But I have a question and sorry if this has been asked before, but maybe i use the wrong search strings?

Now I wondered i have prepare Kodi (helix) with addons and skin on my PC (Windows) and that works well.
Is it possible to backup this and put it back with a restore on my PI 2 where Openelec is installed?
For the GUISETTINGS.xml restore option i will use the tip in the TS to stop the stop xbmc.service.
Or is it not recommended to restore to a different (OS) device?
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Backup (formerly XBMC Backup)10