• 63(current)
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix
(2015-07-19, 02:18)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Anyone using the Cinema Experience add-on with Aeon MQ 5 Helix mod? I am trying to uninstall the program as it will soon be replaced by its successor Cinema Vision but Aeon tells me that it is used by the skin and cannot be removed... Even when trying to uninstall from Confluence it says Aeon won't allow it.

Any ideas what's going on there?

I think CE will remain in official release of MQ5 Helixmod.

You can go into your userdata addons and find skin.aeonmq5.helixmod folder, in there is file addon.xml. Open this in a text editor and comment out the line so it looks like this:

Code:
<!-- <import addon="script.cinema.experience" version="3.0.6"/> -->

that will let you disable script.cinema.experience.

scott s.
(2015-07-20, 02:27)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I have a question about the Random submenu item behavior in Concerts. When I select this it creates a random list as expected, but after the first video plays, it stops playing and resets the list to alphabetical. So what good is that wonder? Should it not just keep playing one video after another?

Thx

Not sure what "random" submenu you are referring to? Can you be more specific about what you are doing?

scott s.
(2015-07-21, 01:58)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 02:27)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I have a question about the Random submenu item behavior in Concerts. When I select this it creates a random list as expected, but after the first video plays, it stops playing and resets the list to alphabetical. So what good is that wonder? Should it not just keep playing one video after another?

Thx

Not sure what "random" submenu you are referring to? Can you be more specific about what you are doing?

scott s.

Ok. On the Concerts main menu, there is a submenu named "Random". Choosing this causes the behavior I described.

Thx
(2015-07-21, 01:34)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-07-19, 02:18)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Anyone using the Cinema Experience add-on with Aeon MQ 5 Helix mod? I am trying to uninstall the program as it will soon be replaced by its successor Cinema Vision but Aeon tells me that it is used by the skin and cannot be removed... Even when trying to uninstall from Confluence it says Aeon won't allow it.

Any ideas what's going on there?

I think CE will remain in official release of MQ5 Helixmod.

You can go into your userdata addons and find skin.aeonmq5.helixmod folder, in there is file addon.xml. Open this in a text editor and comment out the line so it looks like this:

Code:
<!-- <import addon="script.cinema.experience" version="3.0.6"/> -->

that will let you disable script.cinema.experience.

scott s.

Thanks, mate! Worked like a charm! Have some rep!

On a side note, I understand you want to keep CE in the official release but what about Cinema Vision? It seems their add-on will be the spiritual successor to CE as the latter has been abandoned.

Details here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231881
(2015-07-21, 12:38)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: On a side note, I understand you want to keep CE in the official release but what about Cinema Vision? It seems their add-on will be the spiritual successor to CE as the latter has been abandoned.

Details here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231881

Unless this new addon does something great in the near future, I think it would be better to address to Marcos Qui for possible inclusion in MQ6.

scott s.
Hi,

first of all thank you for your great work.

I have a little problem, the character "ű" (hungarian character) isn't shown in the content's titles however it is working in the plot section.
Kodi's language is set to English. I have already tried all European character sets without success.
How can I fix this?

Thx
For users updating Kodi from 14.x (Helix) to 15.0 (Isengard) see the first post in the Isengardmod thread for recommended method to update Helixmod after installing Kodi 15.0.

scott s.
(2015-07-21, 23:31)mind12 Wrote: Hi,

I have a little problem, the character "ű" (hungarian character) isn't shown in the content's titles however it is working in the plot section.
Kodi's language is set to English. I have already tried all European character sets without success.
How can I fix this?

Thx

OK I took a look at the fonts. That character is missing in the original MQ5 font (and I didn't include in the extended font I ship with my mods). I see there are various differences between the two MQ5 font files. I will work on this (one font is "condensed" form of characters so it isn't just a copy/paste between the two fonts or the characters look bad.)

scott s.
(2015-07-22, 01:12)scott967 Wrote:

How can I fix this?

Thx

OK I took a look at the fonts. That character is missing in the original MQ5 font (and I didn't include in the extended font I ship with my mods). I see there are various differences between the two MQ5 font files. I will work on this (one font is "condensed" form of characters so it isn't just a copy/paste between the two fonts or the characters look bad.)

scott s.

It was easier fixing this than thought it would be (I think it is fixed).
Download this replacement file:
https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod...inmenu.ttf

In your Kodi userdata (wiki) find the Aeon MQ5 Helixmod main skin folder:

addons/skin.aeonmq5.helixmod/

Open it up and find the /fonts/ subfolder. Put the file aeon_mainmenu.ttf that you download in this folder, replacing the original.

Start up Kodi and test and let me know if this works.

Screenshot of some Hungarian I found laying around the interwebs showing in BabelPad using the modified font (I use this for a font-checker):

scott s.
(2015-07-22, 06:09)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-07-22, 01:12)scott967 Wrote:

How can I fix this?

Thx

scott s.

It was easier fixing this than thought it would be (I think it is fixed).
Download this replacement file:
https://github.com/scott967/Aeon_MQ5_Mod...inmenu.ttf

In your Kodi userdata (wiki) find the Aeon MQ5 Helixmod main skin folder:

addons/skin.aeonmq5.helixmod/

Open it up and find the /fonts/ subfolder. Put the file aeon_mainmenu.ttf that you download in this folder, replacing the original.

Start up Kodi and test and let me know if this works.

Screenshot of some Hungarian I found laying around the interwebs showing in BabelPad using the modified font (I use this for a font-checker):

scott s.

Job well done, working like a charm. Thank you Scott!
(2015-07-21, 03:25)leejk Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 01:58)scott967 Wrote: Not sure what "random" submenu you are referring to? Can you be more specific about what you are doing?

Ok. On the Concerts main menu, there is a submenu named "Random". Choosing this causes the behavior I described.

Don't think there is such a submenu -- just for the skin widgets. Maybe post up a debug log (wiki) so I can take a look.

scott s.
(2015-07-23, 03:24)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 03:25)leejk Wrote:
(2015-07-21, 01:58)scott967 Wrote: Not sure what "random" submenu you are referring to? Can you be more specific about what you are doing?

Don't think there is such a submenu -- just for the skin widgets. Maybe post up a debug log (wiki) so I can take a look.

scott s.

I apologize... I must be loosing it. The submenu is a custom one I created and forgot that I did. It's actually a video playlist I created that lists random music videos. The issue is that after the first video finishes, playback stops, and the list is reset back to the normal concert list view, which is alphabetical. Ideally I'd want it to keep playing the videos in the random list. Is this a skin or Kodi issue?

thx
Hi folks,
Only just finding this excellent version of MQ5 so thanks for your efforts as it's easily my favorite skin and was disappointed to see it not included in the skins options.
I've set up a new Helix 14.2 install plus installed the Helixmod straight away and everything is working very well apart from one thing. When I scan in my media files they are added into the movie and tv sections as normal. When I try to customise the menu and select Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts nothing happens, I just end up with a black screen. I have verified the downloads are working with the Artwork Organizer as that completes as normal and I can find the pictures in the Userdata\Thumbnails folders.
Any help with understanding what might be the cause would be much appreciated as I have tried reinstalling Kodi but always get the same issue.
Thanks.
(2015-07-25, 23:36)GrimGriefer Wrote: Hi folks,
Only just finding this excellent version of MQ5 so thanks for your efforts as it's easily my favorite skin and was disappointed to see it not included in the skins options.
I've set up a new Helix 14.2 install plus installed the Helixmod straight away and everything is working very well apart from one thing. When I scan in my media files they are added into the movie and tv sections as normal. When I try to customise the menu and select Background Image - Use Collection Fanarts nothing happens, I just end up with a black screen. I have verified the downloads are working with the Artwork Organizer as that completes as normal and I can find the pictures in the Userdata\Thumbnails folders.
Any help with understanding what might be the cause would be much appreciated as I have tried reinstalling Kodi but always get the same issue.
Thanks.

The backgrounds should be stored in userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/movie fanart. Check if that folder is there.

Did you select "fanart collection/create or update database" in the customize main menu movie section.
(2015-07-26, 13:11)the_bo Wrote: The backgrounds should be stored in userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/movie fanart. Check if that folder is there.

Did you select "fanart collection/create or update database" in the customize main menu movie section.

Thanks for the response.

I have selected the "fanart collection/create or update database" options multiple times and all I see is userdata/addon_data/script.artworkorganizer/temp.

The temp folder does include loads of pictures of backgrounds, actors, banners etc but there is no sorting into separate folders like movie fanart at the script.artworkorganizer folder level.

I'm using OpenELEC and the storage partition has 6.7GB free in case that helps..
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ 5 for Kodi 14 Helix6